Dreamfall Chapters not coming to the Wii U anymore.

#101SyCo_VeNoMPosted 8/14/2014 9:24:03 AM
SegavsCapcom posted...
If its not coming to the Wii U, then how is this on topic?

Anything about the PS4 on the Wii U board is on topic didn't you know that?
I've seen more topics about the Wii U(and were on topic) get deleted then about the PS4 here...
#102pillsburyboy22Posted 8/14/2014 9:43:16 AM
To be fair the original post was on topic. The game was originally announced for the wii u and this topic informs owners it no longer is.
#103NarutoPosted 8/14/2014 10:25:26 AM
pillsburyboy22 posted...
The story is a continuation of the previous games so there aren't going to be a lot of people willing to play the two games before to catch up on the story. It's not going to sell well on the PS4, and it would have sold even worse on the Wii U. The developers claim they are going to try to bring everyone up to speed on the happenings in the previous games but that isn't going to work. The story is a extremely complicated and deep. It would be like trying to summarize the Lord of the Rings in a minute video. You might get the gist, but the entire lore and background will be lost in translation.

The Longest Journey came out like fifteen years ago. Dreamfall was like eight years ago. Unless if you have a habit of replaying games, most people won't remember the story much. Machine world, fantasy world, dragons, uh... I still have TLJ and Dreamfall on CDs, but I'm not about to sink a couple dozen hours replaying them for the story again.
#104king_maddenPosted 8/14/2014 10:48:48 AM
Flame552 posted...
Wait, I'm confused.

Is it a PS4 exclusive or is it coming on on PC too?

...in which case why is it being called an exclusive?

Its a console exclusive.
#105pillsburyboy22Posted 8/14/2014 11:10:06 AM(edited)
Naruto posted...
pillsburyboy22 posted...
The story is a continuation of the previous games so there aren't going to be a lot of people willing to play the two games before to catch up on the story. It's not going to sell well on the PS4, and it would have sold even worse on the Wii U. The developers claim they are going to try to bring everyone up to speed on the happenings in the previous games but that isn't going to work. The story is a extremely complicated and deep. It would be like trying to summarize the Lord of the Rings in a minute video. You might get the gist, but the entire lore and background will be lost in translation.

The Longest Journey came out like fifteen years ago. Dreamfall was like eight years ago. Unless if you have a habit of replaying games, most people won't remember the story much. Machine world, fantasy world, dragons, uh... I still have TLJ and Dreamfall on CDs, but I'm not about to sink a couple dozen hours replaying them for the story again.

The point I was making was about players who haven't played the games at all. For someone like you, all they have to do is jog your memory. That's completely different from summarizing 40+ hours of material for someone who doesn't even know who April Ryan is. And that's why the PS4 version won't sell well. Few people who haven't already played the previous games will play this one and they aren't even available for them to play on a Sony console even if they want to.
#106shaunmePosted 8/14/2014 11:12:14 AM
Baha05 posted...
Remembrent posted...
Well if that's the case, then yeah I would be upset as a donor.

Indeed, but I have no clue if that was an option or what other options were. Though I would still think it would be more beneficial for the developers to be able to release on multiple of platforms then just the PS4.

PC only
---
Use the ignore feature?,only a fanboy takes away the right to criticise...please understand.
#107kissdadookiePosted 8/14/2014 11:35:03 AM
Prince Shondronai posted...
The more they tighten their grip, the more games will slip through their fingers, in the end.

They have no grip, that's the problem. Sony and MS basically has been throwing money at devs and publishers to secure things as perpetual or timed exclusives. I've been saying this for a long time, Nintendo should have been doing this from the get go since:

1) They can't push out first party games any faster because they have limited dev resources.
2) Throwing money at devs and publishers at least guarantees content for your platform, they need content for their platform.
#108SSJ4CHRISPosted 8/14/2014 11:39:54 AM
Not as big as the Tomb Raider thing, but still bad. But with all the kickstarter junk that's console exclusive to Wii U, who cares if they don't actually get one more kickstarter project?
---
The Internet allows us to make more mistakes faster than any invention in history. With the possible exceptions of Handguns and Tequila!
#109kissdadookiePosted 8/14/2014 11:45:45 AM
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
Not as big as the Tomb Raider thing, but still bad. But with all the kickstarter junk that's console exclusive to Wii U, who cares if they don't actually get one more kickstarter project?

If you've ever played the original, it's a pretty big deal.
#110chareyPosted 8/14/2014 2:25:17 PM
Guys, it's only a timed exclusive, the devs said so on their twitter.

https://twitter.com/RedThreadGames/status/500025039388172288
---
I won't have it! I'm not having anyone talk about me in
the past tense! ~Squall Leonhart