Dreamfall Chapters not coming to the Wii U anymore.

#91Oni_TaedoPosted 8/14/2014 6:14:57 AM
DiscostewSM posted...
PS4Warrior posted...
AceMos posted...
PS4Warrior posted...
AceMos posted...
this practice of buyign exlusives like that is not cool

You didn't seem to care when it happened to Rise of The Tomb Raider.

no what i said was i would not get it on wii u any ways i would get it on PC

i never said i was Ok with MS snatching it away from sony

I didn't see you complaining about it.

Because you're dim?

Let's not sugar coat it for the poor kid.
---
PSN ID: Oni_Ishida
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheVGViking
#92Flame552Posted 8/14/2014 6:19:34 AM
Wait, I'm confused.

Is it a PS4 exclusive or is it coming on on PC too?

...in which case why is it being called an exclusive?
#93pillsburyboy22Posted 8/14/2014 6:35:28 AM(edited)
Alright. There is a lot of misinformation in this topic so let me set the record straight on a few things. I was an early Kickstarter backer for this game. (Greatest adventure game series of all time btw).

1. No one who backed the game through Kickstarter wanted to play the game on the Wii U. All the money they raised was for the PC version. At the time, it wasn't announced for any console. Nintendo approached Red Thread Games after the Kickstarter was such a huge success to ask if they could port it to the Wii U. It was even later before Sony came into the picture. No Kickstarter backers are being shafted here.

2. Paying exclusivity rights for this game makes no sense to me. Both previous games in the series were essentially PC exclusive, so 95% of the fans are going to buy the new one on PC as well. Especially since it comes to the PC before the PS4 anyway. It's a rather niche franchise, so it's not going to sell millions and millions of copies anyway. Sony essentially are wasting money for an inferior console port of a game built from the ground up for the PC with a fanbase consisting almost entirely of PC gamers.

3. The story is a continuation of the previous games so there aren't going to be a lot of people willing to play the two games before to catch up on the story. It's not going to sell well on the PS4, and it would have sold even worse on the Wii U. The developers claim they are going to try to bring everyone up to speed on the happenings in the previous games but that isn't going to work. The story is a extremely complicated and deep. It would be like trying to summarize the Lord of the Rings in a minute video. You might get the gist, but the entire lore and background will be lost in translation.
#94TalesRevenantPosted 8/14/2014 6:58:19 AM(edited)
king_madden posted...
there are 2 very hilarious things about this topic.

first the nintendo fanboys who are furious that this was a kickstarter game, that became console exclusive.

the 2nd is using shovel knight to prove nintendo owners buy other games. cant use any indie game as proof of people wanting indie games when they all tend to sell such a low amount. even though it does make the dev money, it doesnt take much for them to earn money. a tiny percent tend to buy the game.

---
Nintendo Fanboy - One who obsesses over or worships Nintendo, like it was his God or Religion/Someone who defends Nintendo as if it was his girlfriend.
#95Baha05Posted 8/14/2014 6:55:48 AM
TalesRevenant posted...
Linetrix posted...
Hahaha, drones are having a meltdown in this topic. I'll just sit here and keep watching and laughing.

The only ones having a real meltdown are you two.
---
""All of you that think Bayo in Peach's dress is the first game are either fools or really the most ignorant fanboys alive." SSJ4CHRIS
#96Flame552Posted 8/14/2014 6:56:53 AM
pillsburyboy22 posted...
Alright. There is a lot of misinformation in this topic so let me set the record straight on a few things. I was an early Kickstarter backer for this game. (Greatest adventure game series of all time btw).

1. No one who backed the game through Kickstarter wanted to play the game on the Wii U. All the money they raised was for the PC version. At the time, it wasn't announced for any console. Nintendo approached Red Thread Games after the Kickstarter was such a huge success to ask if they could port it to the Wii U. It was even later before Sony came into the picture. No Kickstarter backers are being shafted here.

2. Paying exclusivity rights for this game makes no sense to me. Both previous games in the series were essentially PC exclusive, so 95% of the fans are going to buy the new one on PC as well. Especially since it comes to the PC before the PS4 anyway. It's a rather niche franchise, so it's not going to sell millions and millions of copies anyway. Sony essentially are wasting money for an inferior console port of a game built from the ground up for the PC with a fanbase consisting almost entirely of PC gamers.

3. The story is a continuation of the previous games so there aren't going to be a lot of people willing to play the two games before to catch up on the story. It's not going to sell well on the PS4, and it would have sold even worse on the Wii U. The developers claim they are going to try to bring everyone up to speed on the happenings in the previous games but that isn't going to work. The story is a extremely complicated and deep. It would be like trying to summarize the Lord of the Rings in a minute video. You might get the gist, but the entire lore and background will be lost in translation.

Let's just make this take up as much of the thread as possible.
#97TalesRevenantPosted 8/14/2014 6:59:32 AM
Baha05 posted...
TalesRevenant posted...
Linetrix posted...
Hahaha, drones are having a meltdown in this topic. I'll just sit here and keep watching and laughing.

Nah, I'm just enjoying the entertainment, because this is Gamefaqs. Seems like you're the one who's having a meltdown if you're so concerned about what we think of a fanbase.
---
Nintendo Fanboy - One who obsesses over or worships Nintendo, like it was his God or Religion/Someone who defends Nintendo as if it was his girlfriend.
#98bartz90Posted 8/14/2014 7:00:26 AM
They didn't initially lay out any plans for console versions on the Kickstarter but if they had it still wouldn't matter. They do have the right to change their minds.

Let that be a lesson (as if there haven't been enough lessons) to those who pledge on Kickstarter. Backers are only entitled to whatever prizes are explicitly laid out as a reward for a successful backing. They are not investors and have no actual say on what happens with the final product. Remember the backer rage over Facebook buying Oculus.
---
-
#99SegavsCapcomPosted 8/14/2014 7:58:40 AM
If its not coming to the Wii U, then how is this on topic?
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
3DS FC: 1306-5920-0665 _PSN: SegavsCapcom_ Steam: SegavsCapcom_NNID: SegavsCapcom
#100Baha05Posted 8/14/2014 8:29:14 AM
TalesRevenant posted...
Baha05 posted...
TalesRevenant posted...
Linetrix posted...

Nah, I'm just enjoying the entertainment, because this is Gamefaqs. Seems like you're the one who's having a meltdown if you're so concerned about what we think of a fanbase.

Man you make your trolling far too obvious.
---
""All of you that think Bayo in Peach's dress is the first game are either fools or really the most ignorant fanboys alive." SSJ4CHRIS