why do you think the wii u doesn't get as much 3rd party support?

#1Mynameispaul96Posted 8/13/2014 10:59:57 PM
well? - Results (79 votes)
Because of hardware limitations
24.05% (19 votes)
Because of a lack in sales
41.77% (33 votes)
Because 3rd party publishers are bias
21.52% (17 votes)
other?
12.66% (10 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I think it's because of the lack in sales, but I also think the hardware played somewhat a problem for it. I hope we see more the wii u gain more 3rd party support in the future.
---
3DS FC: 3351 - 4223 - 6174 ign: Paul, Shiny value 689
and the search for a new sign continues..... - . -
#2Baha05Posted 8/13/2014 11:02:54 PM
Sales
---
""All of you that think Bayo in Peach's dress is the first game are either fools or really the most ignorant fanboys alive." SSJ4CHRIS
#3hiphops_saviorPosted 8/13/2014 11:09:12 PM
Different architecture when publishers want to minimize costs for porting games.
#4-StarCraftPosted 8/13/2014 11:52:44 PM(edited)
Sales. Though I hoped developers would have gave it more support. This is the worse third party support a Nintendo system has ever received from what I remember, worst than the N64.

Nintendo needs to do something in the future to change that or else their systems will strictly be for console exclusives.

A good way to fix that, is either buy some IPs from Capcom or Sega or other publishers and start from there and work there way up. A lot of those franchises work well with Nintendo (i.e. Megaman, Sonic, Skies of Arcadia, PSO, etc).
---
3DS FC: 2595-1380-9970
Ign: GHOST
#5pnyhmsmxPosted 8/13/2014 11:43:08 PM
-StarCraft posted...
Sales. Though I hoped developers would have gave it more support. This is the worse third party support a Nintendo system has ever received from what I remember, worst than the N64.

Nintendo needs to do something in the future to change that or else their systems will strictly be for console exclusives.

A good way to fix that, is either buy some IP's from Capcom or Sega or other publishers and start from there and work there way up. A lot of those franchises work well with Nintendo, (i.e. Megaman, Sonic, Skies of Arcadia, PSO, etc).

Problem s the fan base doesn't seem to like many games that can mesh well with what Nintendo offers.
#6m0986-8Posted 8/13/2014 11:44:24 PM
Going to copy paste my opening post from my thread
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/69851523

What do you think is the cause of low 3rd party support on the Wii U? Is it the hardware? Is it Nintendo's image?

Something recently occurred to me and got me thinking. I usually buy a Nintendo system for Nintendo games. Whenever a 3rd party game I liked came out that is multiplatform I always chose to buy it for the system that would offer the best experience of that title. That being my PC. As a result my PS3 and Wii U only have exclusives for them.

That said what if more people were like me and kept buying the game on the system that has the better version of the game such as Call of Duty (hate the game but using it as an example). Why buy it on the Wii U when you can buy it on PS4, XONE, or PC? Of course this is entirely assuming that the person asking this has one of the systems previously listed. The sales of XONE, PS4, and PC do indicate they have a decent audience at the current moment.

Anyways assuming they chose to buy the games on the other systems that drops 3rd party sales on Wii U causing many developers to not make games for the system. Instead they focus on the other consoles as they would make more income that way.
---
3DS FC: 0344-9282-6531
AMD Athlon II Quad Core 3.0GHZ | HD 5770 | 4GB RAM
#7ZayziePosted 8/14/2014 12:19:25 AM
It partly sales, partly architecture, and most likely Nintendo themselves. I would be shocked if all three didn't play some role in it.

The clearly shrinking fan base has a general contempt for any 3rd parties to begin with.

If the tech is to different, a whole other team has to be created to learn to work with it. This can get expensive and completely unnecessary in the grand scheme of things.

Then there's Nintendo themselves. They're cheap. They make them buy proprietary formats. They have an awful reputation and history with 3rd parties. Their whole philosophy of "we couldn't care less about what people want, we're going to do whatever we want anyway" is probably earning them zero favors.

Their failure to adapt to the marketplace is burning them bad. They're at least a decade behind everyone else. sure, they got time to catch up if they choose to. But I've watched them go down and down and do nothing to stop themselves. The only reason I'm considering supporting them at all is because Zelda exists.
---
Now we see the violence inherent in the system!... Come and see the violence inherent in the system! Help! Help! I'm being repressed!
#8ORANGE666Posted 8/14/2014 12:21:35 AM(edited)
Poor game sales
Poor console sales
Not using hardware devs requested (x86 and able to run all UE4 features)
---
I am a Nintendo Fanboy and let me tell you, being a Drone is actually a great thing.
We have beautiful people and we have ugly people. just like other fanboys
#9iKhanicPosted 8/14/2014 12:49:43 AM
As much 3rd Party support as what? The Wii? Sales. The PS360? Sales. The PS4/XB1? Power and architecture.
---
"Well, they sure don't make evil immortal sorcerers like they used to." - Klarion the Witch Boy
#10MAZZIVEdamagePosted 8/14/2014 12:57:18 AM
Sales.

Where there is money to be earned there will be people wanting to earn it.