The Wii U's first party games R amazing but that's why companies don't want ...

#11mw5178Posted 8/14/2014 6:55:11 PM
Heracylost posted...
So in essence it's the Nintendrones fault. Cuz if it ain't first party Nintendo titles it just ain't right.
Kinda makes sense actually...
In a sad way.

It's the consumer's fault for preferring a game of his choice? So let's see, is it the Nintendo haters fault that the Wii U doesn't sell? Cuz if it ain't third party shooter/sandbox/horror titles it just ain't right?
#12Oni_TaedoPosted 8/14/2014 7:16:56 PM
Pretty much, if devs made games as good as Nintendo did, I wouldn't be buying them used, or on Steam for half price during Steam sales.

Again, as I said in another topic, Capcom, Konami, Namco, Netherrealm Studios, SNK and Sega are ALL welcome to have their games purchased at FULL price. I would buy those on Wii U. Ubisoft, Activision, EA etc. are not. Their games are simple casual games that take no more than 12 hours or so to complete. I'm not paying $60 for a 12 hour game with little to no replay-ability. They should not be supported on ANY console.

Everyone who works at any of those three companies I just listed, should be charged with a crime.
The crime is murder.
The victim is gaming.
---
PSN ID: Oni_Ishida
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheVGViking
#13Granadico_Posted 8/14/2014 7:21:06 PM
Oni_Taedo posted...
Pretty much, if devs made games as good as Nintendo did, I wouldn't be buying them used, or on Steam for half price during Steam sales.

Again, as I said in another topic, Capcom, Konami, Namco, Netherrealm Studios, SNK and Sega are ALL welcome to have their games purchased at FULL price. I would buy those on Wii U. Ubisoft, Activision, EA etc. are not. Their games are simple casual games that take no more than 12 hours or so to complete. I'm not paying $60 for a 12 hour game with little to no replay-ability. They should not be supported on ANY console.

Everyone who works at any of those three companies I just listed, should be charged with a crime.
The crime is murder.
The victim is gaming.

idk if its that black and white for me, but i'd love for all the Japanese companies to support Nintendo. They seem to have been trying to become Western and failing, and I don't enjoy Western games as much as Japanese.
#14Oni_TaedoPosted 8/14/2014 9:57:21 PM
Granadico_ posted...
Oni_Taedo posted...

The crime is murder.
The victim is gaming.

idk if its that black and white for me, but i'd love for all the Japanese companies to support Nintendo. They seem to have been trying to become Western and failing, and I don't enjoy Western games as much as Japanese.

I only want GOOD Japanese support. That's why I want Capcom, Namco, and Nintendo's games.

I've been preferring Japanese games myself lately, but I don't think that has anything to do with the fact that they're Japanese. It's to do with the fact that no Japanese game worth it's salt cares to flaunt it's visuals over it's gameplay. RE: Revs? Best looking game on the 3DS, it's main selling point, "Let's go back to REAL Resident Evil".

What I'm saying, is that the good Japanese devs focus on making a good game first.
If it has good visuals, then kudos. But a fun game is remembered a lot more fondly than a bad one, and visuals don't change that.

Western devs don't care about making a fun game. They care about making money. First focus is money. Second is how much power it requires to run, when similarly designed games ran better on weaker hardware. Third is how they can make even MORE money. And lastly, is fun. Fun is literally the least important thing to a Western developer (well, MOST of them).

That's why Ubisoft, Activision and EA are bad developers.
Every once in a while, they come out with a Rayman Legends, or Red Steel 2. But for every ONE of those, we get FIVE Assassin's Creeds, EA Sports vomit, and Call of Duty (which WAS a good series until World at War).

And god forbid a Western developer make an RPG that ISN'T trying to be Lord of the Rings.
I swear, all these boring as hell RPGs made by Bethesda and Bioware (save for Mass Effect, which can't tell if it's trying to be Battlestar Galactica or Star Trek) feel the exact same, and have no effort or thought put into them. The Witcher seems to be the odd one out, oddly enough.

Bungie is another one of those good Western developers.
---
PSN ID: Oni_Ishida
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheVGViking
#15Granadico_Posted 8/14/2014 10:05:29 PM
Well im not saying I prefer Japanese games because they're Japanese, just that that's how it happens to turn out more often than not.
I agree with most of that, except that Japanese devs also try to focus a bit on visuals, but more about art style than realism/technical graphics.
#16Chenmaster2(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2014 7:41:13 PM
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/08/18/ubisoft-ceo-yves-guillemot-nintendo-customers-don-t-buy-assassin-s-creed.aspx

It's going to be like this.
---
<3 http://static.zerochan.net/Pokemon.full.1740657.jpg <3