Nintendo trying to ride the waves Sony created?

#1LinetrixPosted 8/14/2014 5:41:32 PM
So now that TLoU Remastered sold over 1.5 million in just one day, Nintendo is trying to recreate Sony's success by remastering "a big game" of their own.

But the circumstances are different, TLoU sold that well because it's a masterpiece and a new IP. Remastering an old Nintendo game most probably won't make gamers buy it since: A) Nintendo's new IPs, lately, are nothing special. Some are fun, sure, but pretty forgettable. B) Nintendo will probably try to remaster a pretty old game. The problem is that nostalgia can only sell so much. TLoU got remastered but it's still a very recent title. Not even a FF7 remake would sell that much in just one day, nowadays.

Besides, not even 1st party titles are selling that great on the Wii U (I'm looking at you MK8, the worst selling MK game to date).

TL;DR: Nintendo certainly has a lot to learn from Sony, but in this case I think they would be more successful by making new, incredible IPs, like Sony did with TLoU.
---
It's off-topic to talk about the online portion of TLoU. Only the single player campaign is allowed in TLoU's board. - GameFAQs mod
#2TAoRPosted 8/14/2014 5:43:17 PM
lol calling TLoU a masterpiece
#3mw5178Posted 8/14/2014 5:45:39 PM
TLoU got remastered but it's still a very recent title. Not even a FF7 remake would sell that much in just one day, nowadays.

I'd rather play FF7 remastered.
#4Baha05Posted 8/14/2014 5:45:40 PM
/Trololol
---
""All of you that think Bayo in Peach's dress is the first game are either fools or really the most ignorant fanboys alive." SSJ4CHRIS
#5Jaime_BennPosted 8/14/2014 5:45:59 PM
ITT: Sony is the first one ever to remaster/remake a game
#6NordiniPosted 8/14/2014 5:47:19 PM
If you have actually played through TLoU and still do not think it is a masterpiece, you are truly a blinded fanboy.
---
Gentlemen understand that embezzlement, insider trading, tax fraud, and similar activities are not crimes. Crimes are committed by poor people and involve guns.
#7Zombie_Socks_96Posted 8/14/2014 5:49:56 PM(edited)
Jaime_Benn posted...
ITT: Sony is the first one ever to remaster/remake a game

This is about what I took away from this

Nordini posted...
If you have actually played through TLoU and still do not think it is a masterpiece, you are truly a blinded fanboy.

I have played it, I have beaten it. It's a great game, but I don't know if I would say it's a masterpiece.
---
"I Am A Super Princess"
Want List: Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMix, Batman: Arkham Knight, The Evil Within, Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire
#8Thundering_TNTPosted 8/14/2014 5:48:02 PM
Linetrix posted...
So now that TLoU Remastered sold over 1.5 million in just one day, Nintendo is trying to recreate Sony's success by remastering "a big game" of their own.

But the circumstances are different, TLoU sold that well because it's a masterpiece and a new IP. Remastering an old Nintendo game most probably won't make gamers buy it since: A) Nintendo's new IPs, lately, are nothing special. Some are fun, sure, but pretty forgettable. B) Nintendo will probably try to remaster a pretty old game. The problem is that nostalgia can only sell so much. TLoU got remastered but it's still a very recent title. Not even a FF7 remake would sell that much in just one day, nowadays.

Besides, not even 1st party titles are selling that great on the Wii U (I'm looking at you MK8, the worst selling MK game to date).

TL;DR: Nintendo certainly has a lot to learn from Sony, but in this case I think they would be more successful by making new, incredible IPs, like Sony did with TLoU.

ITP: Wind Waker HD doesn't exist.
---
Wii U board: these https://www.awesomestories.com/images/user/7e59408c7a.jpg
Vs. this: http://global3.memecdn.com/bigfoottroll_o_158486.jpg
#9ponyseizuresPosted 8/14/2014 5:48:35 PM
actually technially sony is riding the waves nintendo created because nintendo came first with home consoles so learn your stuff op
---
3DS: 4124 - 4997 - 6171
Truth is a mystery, unraveled by the candles' flames.
#10BlueInfinityPosted 8/14/2014 5:48:46 PM
Nordini posted...

What are you talking about? A ton of people played through The Walking Dead.
---
'[Blue], call me whatever feels right on your keyboard.' - Marsford
'I didn't bother to read any of that since you have bad taste in games.' - KGTrigger