Should Nintendo remove The Letter and stop Treefall from making WiiU games?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Should Nintendo remove The Letter and stop Treefall from making WiiU games?
1 year ago#1
Okay, let's get past the fact that the letter is a bad game.

If you haven't played The Letter, I pray you never get the urge. It's a bad game! It's not even the "it's so bad that it's good" kind of bad. It's just a bad game all around. When I say bad game, I don't mean the developer aimed high and just missed the mark.

It's just.... bad, okay? The game uses nothing but preexisting assets, it has blurry textures, and the "writing" is horrible. A monkey could code a better game.

Next point: I know what you guys are going to say. "Nintendo can't remove a game just because it's bad"

How about the broken promises? The developer sold the game by promising buyers updates but there hasn't been anything. He said that the only reason he calls it a "game" is because Nintendo doesn't allow early access titles.

This means that he purposely put and unfinished product on the Eshop and is taking his sweet time delivering the content he promised his suckers... I mean "fans" (people who don't know what a good game is).
---
A piece of hardware is only dead when the company gives up on it. P.S, Indie shovelware doesn't count as support.
1 year ago#2
No. As it stands they are the only third party making games for the Wii U.
1 year ago#3
And lose their only 3rd party developer? No
---
Currently playing: Wind Waker HD
1 year ago#4
Yes; remove The Letter, stop Maze, and stop Spikey Walls, for the love of god.
1 year ago#5
The Letter is getting more attention than other indie games. Sad.
---
'Deep into that darkness peering...'
Snackeroo.com
1 year ago#6
Yes, it's interesting that putting out a terrible product actually gets you far more exposure than a moderately good product.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
http://whatliesbeyondnovel.blogspot.ca/ - My novel, updates weekly
1 year ago#7
As long as they price their games accordingly (sell dirt dirt cheap), I have no problem with them.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
1 year ago#8
Shadowbird_RH posted...
As long as they price their games accordingly (sell dirt dirt cheap), I have no problem with them.

You should try playing one. You will change your tune pretty quick.
---
A piece of hardware is only dead when the company gives up on it. P.S, Indie shovelware doesn't count as support.
1 year ago#9
I'd like to see Treefall someday graduate to making legitimate, engaging adventure games. He can't do that without building up a little funding and hiring some help.

There's nothing wrong with starting small.
---
Lobotomy means never having to say you're sorry.
1 year ago#10
Prince Shondronai posted...
I'd like to see Treefall someday graduate to making legitimate, engaging adventure games. He can't do that without building up a little funding and hiring some help.

There's nothing wrong with starting small.

Yes there is if those small starts give you the rep of doing crap work. Very hard to shake that initial impression
---
she got screwed up by religion. she got screwed by soccer players. she got high for the first time in the camps down by the banks of the mississippi river.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Should Nintendo remove The Letter and stop Treefall from making WiiU games?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived