What is your ABSOLUTE MOST HATED fanbase of all time?

#361EvilcrachittPosted 8/16/2014 5:48:32 PM
retrogoods posted...
EichiroNobunaga posted...
The Sonic fanbase, from experience, being that I'm from it.

There's no consensus. Like most game series with 2D and 3D installments, there's a big divide over which is preferred, an at that, which individual games in them are good and bad. Then there's what gimmicks are good and which are bad. Maybe some dig the treasure hunting. Maybe only Sonic's is good. Maybe all of it's good. Maybe none of it's good. There's no general opinion. But of course, the ones that disagree with eachother have the tendency to use harsher language.

Sonic's friends-- good, bad, mix? Which are good? Only Tails. No, man, Knuckles is cool, too. Then there's the ones that love Shadow because edge, and those that him him because edge and disregard the ones that like him for other reasons.

Then there's Silver and 06 in general. The side games, Big the Freaking Cat, Chaotix, comic characters, TV show characters, the insane amounts of Deviantart fan characters and fanfics. I'm not really against that stuff, but the ridiculous amount of arguments about it that I see...

But the worst is the arguing over whether Shadow the Hedgehog was a good game or not.

There's probably a reason Sonic Team can't get their stuff together-- their fans can't give good consistent feedback, and usually just hates everything they do. That said, though, they themselves aren't really the paragon of good game designers.

Should I consider myself lucky that I don't see the fanfics and characters? How bad are the fan fictions? Blood, sex, what?

Horrible. Here's a relatively tame image

http://1.media.dorkly.cvcdn.com/45/69/14966963274ba23dc5348141bc2c1e6a-the-most-upsetting-shrek-and-shadow-fan-art.jpg

And there was a girl a few years back that dedicated herself to Sonic and even got covered in media. She was so devoted that after having a change of heart, she ended up having to have plastic surgery and changed her name and occupation just to get away from it all
---
"You can't be racist against whites because they're in power/have privilege."
-Killua553
#362AualloniaPosted 8/16/2014 5:51:24 PM
I dislike the fanboy fanbase for obvious reasons. That counts, right? xD
---
3DS FC: 4270-1183-1000 Super Mod on pokemonplus.net
Tyvm Jessara, Kyle_Clarthy, enimagaK and everyone from the VET!
#363retrogoodsPosted 8/16/2014 6:04:58 PM
Evilcrachitt posted...
retrogoods posted...
EichiroNobunaga posted...
The Sonic fanbase, from experience, being that I'm from it.

There's no consensus. Like most game series with 2D and 3D installments, there's a big divide over which is preferred, an at that, which individual games in them are good and bad. Then there's what gimmicks are good and which are bad. Maybe some dig the treasure hunting. Maybe only Sonic's is good. Maybe all of it's good. Maybe none of it's good. There's no general opinion. But of course, the ones that disagree with eachother have the tendency to use harsher language.

Sonic's friends-- good, bad, mix? Which are good? Only Tails. No, man, Knuckles is cool, too. Then there's the ones that love Shadow because edge, and those that him him because edge and disregard the ones that like him for other reasons.

Then there's Silver and 06 in general. The side games, Big the Freaking Cat, Chaotix, comic characters, TV show characters, the insane amounts of Deviantart fan characters and fanfics. I'm not really against that stuff, but the ridiculous amount of arguments about it that I see...

But the worst is the arguing over whether Shadow the Hedgehog was a good game or not.

There's probably a reason Sonic Team can't get their stuff together-- their fans can't give good consistent feedback, and usually just hates everything they do. That said, though, they themselves aren't really the paragon of good game designers.

Should I consider myself lucky that I don't see the fanfics and characters? How bad are the fan fictions? Blood, sex, what?

Horrible. Here's a relatively tame image

http://1.media.dorkly.cvcdn.com/45/69/14966963274ba23dc5348141bc2c1e6a-the-most-upsetting-shrek-and-shadow-fan-art.jpg

And there was a girl a few years back that dedicated herself to Sonic and even got covered in media. She was so devoted that after having a change of heart, she ended up having to have plastic surgery and changed her name and occupation just to get away from it all

I am in utter disbelief. People who ruin G and PG rated stuff with disgusting crap, and we have an example of a nutjob fangirl. Sometimes you wonder how people can stand to see this nonsense happen.
---
Look at my game collection before spouting out that I have brand loyalty to one company. http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/retrogoods/games/owned
#364Unbridled9Posted 8/16/2014 6:09:38 PM
PC fanboys. I get that PC's can do a lot, potentially more than any console, but to constantly get it rubbed in my face every time I wanna play Mario Kart is just freaking ANNOYING!

For a specific game: DotA 1/2 fans. LoL fans ALMOST took this slot as they're a bit more toxic, but they USUALLY don't also talk about how their game 'takes so much more skill' than another either, and the latter is just that much more annoying.
---
The enemy of knowledge is ignorance, not religion.
#365Icepaw001Posted 8/16/2014 6:15:58 PM
The COD, Minecraft, and GTA fanbases
#366AualloniaPosted 8/16/2014 6:19:02 PM(edited)
Unbridled9 posted...
PC fanboys. I get that PC's can do a lot, potentially more than any console, but to constantly get it rubbed in my face every time I wanna play Mario Kart is just freaking ANNOYING!

For a specific game: DotA 1/2 fans. LoL fans ALMOST took this slot as they're a bit more toxic, but they USUALLY don't also talk about how their game 'takes so much more skill' than another either, and the latter is just that much more annoying.

I have played both LoL and Dota 2. I started with LoL and eventually moved on. I can say without a doubt that Dota 2 has a harder learning curve. I had previous MOBA experience and jumping from LoL to Smite was easy but jumping from Smite to Dota was difficult.

This argument only really gets brought up in DoTA vs LoL arguments though which is in itself ridiculous as each game sets out to accomplish different things. One game is easier for a reason.

As for DoTA 1 fans, I hardly ever hear from them. The hardcore players basically confined themselves to a couple of forums.
---
3DS FC: 4270-1183-1000 Super Mod on pokemonplus.net
Tyvm Jessara, Kyle_Clarthy, enimagaK and everyone from the VET!
#367MeghiddoPosted 8/16/2014 6:27:51 PM
Mine has to be the people that keep making this topic over and over again
---
"Wow, are you really quoting yourself in your own sig??" - Meghiddo
Not changing this sig until you die. June 7 2014
#368snailienPosted 8/16/2014 6:28:46 PM
Mine is the popular game haters fanbase. I might not like the game they hate either, but these people always overcompensate with their hatred to the point that their opinion is invalidated..
---
"Filthy lawbreaker, unhand that vending machine!" - Casey Jones
#369Justice_ApolloPosted 8/16/2014 6:29:32 PM
Mine are people who behave like 80 year old grumpy lonely men and come to topics specifically to complain the topic exists.
---
Here comes... FINAL JUSTICE!!
#370cdog21Posted 8/16/2014 6:33:15 PM
Mandrew257 posted...
It's between Playstation and Sonic Fans.

Sony:
-Won't stfu about The Last Of Us
-Defending EVERYTHING that Sony does. If Sony was behind the holocaust, they'd defend it.
-Most hypocritical
-If you don't like Uncharted or Last Of Us, CLEARLY you're a blind fanboy
-Spread their awful opinions louder than everyone
-More concerned with sales of PS4 instead of games.
-Ridiculous double standards
-Quick to put microsoft and nintendo down for having weaker consoles, but when PC fanboys do it to them, they get mad and suddenly graphics don't matter.8

This 1000x over. The Xbox One board is just a garbage dump of troll activity and I don't ever see it going away.
---
Frylock you're like the A bomb. When you show up everybody dies - Master Shake ATHF