What is your ABSOLUTE MOST HATED fanbase of all time?

#381DamorahTalsetPosted 8/16/2014 7:36:35 PM(edited)
Phire_Phox posted...
PC "Master Race" are by far the worst. They always go on about how much PCs are better than consoles. Console gamers rarely even talk about PC but PC gamers are always talking about consoles. It's pretty sad.

With valid reason to those educated. Most PC master race people are pretty huge jerks, but there are some (like myself) who actually see why PC gaming is not only better, but console gaming is bad for the industry as a whole WITHOUT waving our pride around in people's faces. Before I say more than that I'd like to note that I play all four major gaming mediums available today (PC, Playstation, Nintendo, Xbox), and enjoy them all and don't dislike any of them. The main reason that console gaming is bad is this: by the time a console is released, the hardware on said console is already 1 to 5 years outdated. And the average console has a life of, what, 5-10 years before the next generation? Game developers have to design their games around that heavily outdated hardware, and because of this, they're holding the gaming industry back as a whole not only in terms of what graphics could look like, but basically the entirety of the game itself. Games could be much more complex and engaging than they already are if consoles didn't bottleneck them. The upcoming Star Citizen game is a decent example of this. We don't have many details about it (which is why it's not the best example, but still), but it's clear it's already more advanced and graphically superior to anything modern day consoles could even dream of achieving. All of that is without even looking into the biggest advantage of current PC gaming: modding, which is thrown around as the main reason to get a PC in most cases, but to those who actually educate themselves on the matter like myself, modding, while a pretty fun benefit, is hardly even a factor.
---
I don't a fondness to Borat. I don't how it did outrageous; haven't they ever interneted? We have Goat's Sea and Celebrating Lemons. - Gandob
#382ChimeraBluePosted 8/16/2014 7:36:11 PM
catsimboy posted...
I'm not a "fan" of the Kingdom Hearts fanbase. It's more pity than hatred. They're like a twisted amalgamation of Disney and Final Fantasy fanatics brought together by a game that itself is like a bad fanfiction made into a series. And for so many of them the game is such a big part of their childhood it's a part of their BEING, like they themselves sat on the top of clock towers sharing Sea Salt ice cream with their friends.

I feel that way about Pokemon fans.

Don't get me wrong, I love Pokemon, almost too much sometimes, but the fans are on a whole different level. Some people eat, sleep, breath Pokemon.
#383MizzDiamondzPosted 8/16/2014 8:02:19 PM
Sonic.
---
3DS FC: 1032-1217-0154 Name: Chloe. PM me if you added me ^.^
Animal Crossing New Leaf Dream Address: 6900-2189-2800
#384thatdude227(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2014 8:05:14 PM(edited)
chestershadow posted...
thatdude227 posted...
Mine is the zelda fanbase. these guys constantly argue over which game is the WORST in the series, and it sickens me. if you like the series, talk about the games you like, not the ones you hate. and they even made the dreaded zelda cycle, where the new game is hated upon release and praised once the next game comes out

1, the first bolded statement applies to literally every series of games ever. Particularly Halo, CoD, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Persona, SMT, Pokemon, God of War, Assasins Creed, GTA, Street Fighter, Mario, dragonquest, etc.

2. Your secomd statement is factually incorrect. You state it as thougj it was created on purpose to shame the next game. The act pre-ceded the formalize name of Zelda cycle. People hated MM because it had a timelimit of sorts, people hated WW because of the new art style. People hated TP for numerous reasons (This was the only one I genuinely didnt enjoy), people hated SS because it changed "too many" staples of the prior games.

The "zelda cycle" was a cute nickname to describe what was an existing trend, not the other way around. You very easily could say "final fantasy cycle." I remember alot of hate for FF12, yet more people today praise that game than people who hated it then.

Dont be a hypocrite for targetting one fan base when the root of the problem is a vocal minority of people who are either shallowminded or bitter about things in their real lives.

i noticed it with zelda more than any other fanbase
---
If you want to reply to me, give me a PM, otherwise I'll most likely miss it.
this is a serious signature. I really do have a high chance of missing a reply
#385VeiledGenesisPosted 8/16/2014 8:14:40 PM
I hate most fanbases. Especially console bannermen.
---
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.
#386Revan546Posted 8/16/2014 8:29:10 PM
The Microsoft fanbase. I was a big 360 fan but Xbox One fans can't seem to accept when their console is inferior in terms of hardware. I guess the same can be said about the Sony fans too to a point but I tend to see me more overall b****ing and complaining from the Microsoft side.
---
3DS Friend Code: 2251 - 5182 - 4618 **Friend Safari: Snorunt, Dewgong, Bergmite**
PSN/XBL: Revan546
#387darealest47Posted 8/16/2014 8:29:54 PM
1. Sonic fanbase and it's not even close
2. Sony Fanboys
3. Pc fanboys
4. Souls fanboys
5. Bronies
---
won't change this sig until pittsburgh steelers gets their 7th ring
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2eVPxvaIzec
#388Reginleif20Posted 8/16/2014 8:32:16 PM
thatdude227 posted...
Mine is the zelda fanbase. these guys constantly argue over which game is the WORST in the series, and it sickens me. if you like the series, talk about the games you like, not the ones you hate. and they even made the dreaded zelda cycle, where the new game is hated upon release and praised once the next game comes out

You could replace "zelda" with "FF" and it will still pretty much work. I love and hate my FF fanbase at the same time
---
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
#389driver892Posted 8/16/2014 8:33:20 PM
VeiledGenesis posted...
I hate most fanbases. Especially console bannermen.

same here. I mean, I get liking something, but why the hell do fanbases have to take it so damn far?
---
So many games to play, so little time to play them, so many things to do.
#390Raddy8Posted 8/16/2014 8:33:38 PM
From what I read around here, and a few people irl I know, Sony fans. Granted MS and Nintendo fans can get out of hand as well, but too much less extent it seems.
---
Gamertag: Pickle Swift
3DS friend code: 4339-2579-4895