Is tropical freeze the best game of this gen so far?

#21dorkyspawn(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2014 1:35:53 PM
StickMen1090 posted...
StephenYap3 posted...
No. It's a good game, but I prefer DKCR Wii.

i dont think you understand the question

This
#22Flare7Posted 8/16/2014 1:37:17 PM
It's up there. Either MK8 or TF as of now...will change by the end of the year, though.
---
Currently playing: Wind Waker HD
#23Granadico_Posted 8/16/2014 1:38:14 PM
No, but its definitely the best 2D Platformer in ages.
#24abbyhitterPosted 8/16/2014 1:42:09 PM
Not the best game this gen, but definitely the best Wii U game this year so far.
---
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!
#25XeroShinobiPosted 8/16/2014 1:53:38 PM
I really like Tropical Freeze, but no. 3D World is a more polished game, and a harder game to do well. As good as Tropical Freeze is, it doesn't take a huge amount of talent from the development team to produce. Yes, it's more difficult, but that alone does not make it a better game.
---
Currently playing: not much
#26Punda_PrimePosted 8/16/2014 2:15:09 PM
Mario kart 8; I don't get what nintendo fanboys obsession with ******* platformers is. They, along with JRPGs, peaked in some time in the 90s. Nintendo doesn't seem to realize this, "want cool new games? Here's the another ***** platformer!" And they wonder why the wii u is getting demolished.

Mk8 and maybe zombi u and pikmin are the only game really worth owning at this point, unless you LOVE those ******* platformers in which case knock yourself out.
---
Man who hesitates is not only lost but also miles from next exit
Wii u NNID: KgbDuck
#27Pink_a_DinkPosted 8/16/2014 2:16:44 PM
P.T. Yes, I know its just a demo. But I'm currently obsessed with how amazing it is. Its impossible for Hideo Kojima to make a game that isn't amazing.
---
Without exaggeration, I can honestly say this is the best thing I've played this whole year, and its only a demo!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B7rgDikl0k
#28Mavrick588Posted 8/16/2014 2:18:35 PM(edited)
Are we just talking about Wii U?
Because if so then I'd say Pikmin 3 tops my list but if other consoles are included there can be none other than A Link Between Worlds.
Except maybe Fire Emblem......
---
"Video-games are bad for you? That's what they said about Rock 'N' Roll"- Shigeru Miyamoto
#29ponypower666Posted 8/16/2014 2:21:21 PM
Punda_Prime posted...
Mario kart 8; I don't get what nintendo fanboys obsession with ******* platformers is. They, along with JRPGs, peaked in some time in the 90s. Nintendo doesn't seem to realize this, "want cool new games? Here's the another ***** platformer!" And they wonder why the wii u is getting demolished.

Mk8 and maybe zombi u and pikmin are the only game really worth owning at this point, unless you LOVE those ******* platformers in which case knock yourself out.

Actually the peak of platformers is now. Also, relax.
#30Megamushroom666Posted 8/16/2014 3:02:08 PM
No it's not. Rayman Legends, 3D World, Wonderful 101, MK8 are all better games IMO.
---
'Deep into that darkness peering...'
Snackeroo.com