why is the wii u name such an issue??

#1zado19Posted 8/16/2014 10:26:14 AM
why is wii u considered an add on when nobody thought xbox 360 or PS3 were add on

in fact, what other system even had such major add ons to it besides the old schools SEGA systems???
---
PSN: Zado19, DD:DA pawn: Sayaka NNID: CommanderMadness
#2EvilcrachittPosted 8/16/2014 10:28:34 AM
64 DD in Japan, but that's it.

You have to remember consumers are dumb for the most part. They think low sodium is a major improvement when it does almost nothing
---
"You can't be racist against whites because they're in power/have privilege."
-Killua553
#3LMwest09Posted 8/16/2014 3:13:21 PM
It isn't and never was. Consumers who are too lazy to spend 5 minutes googling ( instead spending hours on facebook or something just as bad) or who are not interested would have never known what the Wii U was regardless of the name. To this day my dad will ask why I needed a Playstation when my N64 played games too ( he thought one system to play all). I know nothing about iPhones but the name/marketing has nothing to do with that. It's because I have no interest in them.
#4FredSavage27Posted 8/16/2014 3:45:22 PM(edited)
The Wii branding was used for so much of its software like Wii Fit, Wii Sports, Wii Play, &c.; PlayStation 2 makes it clear that it's the sequel to the PlayStation. Super NES is clearly a better NES. Nothing about "U" says that it's a more powerful successor to the Wii.
#5ronjon1183Posted 8/16/2014 3:41:13 PM
LMwest09 posted...
It isn't and never was.

Please don't ever go into marketing.
#6_SGPosted 8/16/2014 3:47:02 PM
FredSavage27 posted...
The Wii branding was used for so much of its software Wii Fit, Wii Sports, Wii Play, &c.; PlayStation 2 makes it clear that it's the sequel to the PlayStation. Super NES is clearly a better NES. Nothing about "U" says that it's a more powerful successor to the Wii.
Heh, they wanted the power of the 'Wii' brand to sell it and shot themselves in the foot.

As much as I love Nintendo GAMES, I loathe the way that Nintendo treats its customers and don't mind seeing them do badly... in fact, it usually means that they treat customers better when this happens. N64 doing nowhere near as good as the PSX? OK Europe/Oceania, you can have full-screen, full-speed games now...
#7Lefty128kPosted 8/16/2014 3:54:30 PM
Evilcrachitt posted...

You have to remember consumers are dumb for the most part. They think low sodium is a major improvement when it does almost nothing

Yeah, It's the consumers fault Nintendo gave two systems in a row almost identical names.
#8novelaaPosted 8/16/2014 3:56:29 PM
FredSavage27 posted...
The Wii branding was used for so much of its software like Wii Fit, Wii Sports, Wii Play, &c.; PlayStation 2 makes it clear that it's the sequel to the PlayStation. Super NES is clearly a better NES. Nothing about "U" says that it's a more powerful successor to the Wii.

yeah, its like xbox 360 and xbox one

oh wait
#9jairusmonillasPosted 8/16/2014 3:57:24 PM
Evilcrachitt posted...

Or consumers are smart not to bother with another console like Wii. I know alot of people who bought a Wii only to stop playing after a month.
---
PS4 GPU: 1152 GCN, 1.84 TFLOPS, 72 TMUs, 32 ROPs, 8GB gDDR5
XB1 GPU :: 768 GCN, 1.31 TFLOPS, 48 TMUs, 16 ROPs, 8GB DDR3+eSRAM
#10GambitAcePosted 8/16/2014 4:03:08 PM
same font, literally has the original Wii in its logo
---
how do you turn this on?