why is the wii u name such an issue??

#21ShinyTepigPosted 8/17/2014 12:13:10 AM
plus1zero posted...
ronjon1183 posted...
LMwest09 posted...
It isn't and never was.

Please don't ever go into marketing.

I dunno. He could probably work for Nintendo, they seem to have that same attitude.

You people act like it's the end of a world because a name isn't perfect. >_>
---
NNID:133700Pika
"The best meal of the day, Gary's way~!"
#22_SGPosted 8/17/2014 1:00:40 PM
Master Alien posted...
Evilcrachitt posted...
64 DD in Japan, but that's it.

You have to remember consumers are dumb for the most part. They think low sodium is a major improvement when it does almost nothing

n64 also had an expansion pak add on which doubled its ram. i remember mine came with dk64 and the only other game i can think of off hand that needed it was perfect dark
Majora's Mask. Shadowman also had it as an optional extra - very few games did actually need it to enjoy the full content of games though, and only about 5 or 6 of them used it to increase the quality of the game.

I wish that Banjo Tooie had taken advantage of it - even if it was just optional. I love that game to bits but there were some serious framerate drops.
#23Baha05Posted 8/17/2014 1:01:51 PM
PS4Warrior posted...
You can thank Nintendos marketing team for the mixups. All the different controllers and addons for the Wii didn't help, plus the fact the Wii U gamepad could easily look like a type of Wii controller.

What add ons? Also there was a grand total of like three controllers
#24Luigi4PresidentPosted 8/17/2014 1:04:02 PM
It didn't help but I feel like enough consumers know by now.
---
The washer fluid is not fine!
#25bandit__74Posted 8/17/2014 1:28:50 PM
I think gamers knew that it was a new system. General consumers did not however. My wife, my mother and my sister all thought the tablet was just a new controller for the Wii. I had to explain to them that it was a new system. They are not gamers, but they are consumers. Nintendo should have done a better job distinguishing the U from the Wii for the general consumer.

Not that I'm saying consumers are stupid (do I really have to?), but most of them have no interest in videogames, they are simply buying them for their kids, grandkids etc. I remember my mom asking me if the gamepad would be compatible with my niece's Wii. That is Nintendo's failure to market its product.