Nintendo needs new IPs!

#1Wii_TruthPosted 8/16/2014 3:02:08 PM
"Nintendo needs to make an online shooter."

~Splatoon is revealed~

"Nintendo needs a mature shooter."

People need to acknowledge the efforts Nintendo makes, and realize they will never be the harcorez Westernized company some want them to be. Nintendo has an image they uphold, and they make games for the widest possible audience (everyone). The best we can hope for is them to open a U.S. division for better western relations, and possibly obtain a 2nd Party that makes games for the Western audience.

Agree?
#2Thundering_TNTPosted 8/16/2014 3:03:52 PM
Came expecting trolling, was happy not to find it. I agree completely.
---
A certain user (not calling names) can mod you for quoting them in your sig
#3InnerscopePosted 8/16/2014 3:05:28 PM
We're on a board that defended/defends VG Chartz, EA, and Pachter

Don't take them seriously
#4Pink_a_DinkPosted 8/16/2014 3:05:58 PM
I personally don't consider Splatoon a shooter. It seems more of a party game to me.

But I also don't really care if Nintendo makes new IP's or not. I'll settle for their Mario games as long as they're actually fun and innovative.
---
Without exaggeration, I can honestly say this is the best thing I've played this whole year, and its only a demo!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B7rgDikl0k
#5Dannyson97Posted 8/16/2014 3:07:21 PM
Agreed few companies retain there own identity.

Nintendo is what they are.
---
I'm a Christian and proud!
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers! http://gifstumblr.com/images/its-morphin-time_1472.gif
#6BoomerTheGreatPosted 8/16/2014 3:34:44 PM
I agree. It would be awkward seeing Nintendo develop something dark and gritty. At best they should just acquire a studio to develop western style games.

Wouldnt it be weird if MS suddenly develped JRPGs?
---
Greatness comes from within
#7omescythePosted 8/16/2014 3:56:49 PM
when people talk about wanting Nintendo to have a new ip. they are talking about having a big new ip where there a lot of effort put into it to make it a big name. like with ubisoft people would be saying watch dogs is a new ip but won't necessarily be saying child of lights is a new ip. two new ips but the scale and popularity of them are different.
#8PS4WarriorPosted 8/16/2014 3:58:41 PM
I agree TC Nintendo needs new IPs.
#9Lefty128kPosted 8/16/2014 4:02:40 PM
Wii_Truth posted...
"Nintendo needs to make an online shooter."

~Splatoon is revealed~

"Nintendo needs a mature shooter."

People need to acknowledge the efforts Nintendo makes, and realize they will never be the harcorez Westernized company some want them to be. Nintendo has an image they uphold, and they make games for the widest possible audience (everyone). The best we can hope for is them to open a U.S. division for better western relations, and possibly obtain a 2nd Party that makes games for the Western audience.

Agree?

Splatoon....LOL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96WZJusSqR0
#10Wii_Truth(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2014 4:08:01 PM
omescythe posted...
when people talk about wanting Nintendo to have a new ip. they are talking about having a big new ip where there a lot of effort put into it to make it a big name. like with ubisoft people would be saying watch dogs is a new ip but won't necessarily be saying child of lights is a new ip. two new ips but the scale and popularity of them are different.

big budget=good?

Metroid: Other M is one of Nintendo's most expensive games, and we know how that turned out. Big budget and popularity don't always equate to quality. Take for example how stale the CoD series has became. I think there was a lot of effort put into Splatoon, but in a different direction. That game is oozing with originality and innovation. It takes effort to think outside the box like that.