So no cable modem support from the WiiU?

#21John_MagnumPosted 8/16/2014 4:24:57 PM
Hell Sony and Microsoft made the same choice last gen with the no HDD 360, 20gb 360, and 40gb PS3 and no one batted an eye.

yes of course because the number of people going predominantly digital in 2006 is the same as the number of people going predominantly digital in 2012, brilliant work there Holmes
#22Waggy17Posted 8/16/2014 4:45:39 PM
Lefty128k posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
Lefty128k posted...
Then you should be telling Nintendo, whose selling digital games and installing miniscule storage space, that.

Good for you, I also have a lot of used equipment lying around. That doesn't mean a thing to people who want to go digital. They aren't all gonna have additional equipment lying around.

All the excuses won't change the fact that Nintendo made the design choices that are gonna cause some consumers to have to buy an external HDD.

So did Sony and MS considering game sizes on their consoles. Everyone going digital this gen needs an upgraded HDD. Hell Sony and Microsoft made the same choice last gen with the no HDD 360, 20gb 360, and 40gb PS3 and no one batted an eye. Suddenly Nintendo makes the choice that if a consumer doesn't want to go digital and it's evil. Jesus Christ try to be consistent here.

And hey, it could be worse. Nintendo could be charging $100+ for 64gb of storage in a proprietary format on a console that flopped so hard no company will release physical games for it outside of Japan.

You can still upgrade the internal in those Sony systems, with a compatible drive of your choosing.
And as we all know, internals are way cheaper than externals.

FYI, 40gb PS3 is still more storage than Wii U 32gb....lol.

Fanboys still deflecting to Vita in a home console Wii U topic, I see.

That 40GB won't last long considering mandatory installs even if all your games are physical. It would only take a handful of physical games to completely fill that drive.
---
PSN/NNID - Waggy777
http://www.youtube.com/user/waggystg
#23Lefty128kPosted 8/16/2014 5:23:19 PM(edited)
Waggy17 posted...
Lefty128k posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
Lefty128k posted...
Then you should be telling Nintendo, whose selling digital games and installing miniscule storage space, that.

Good for you, I also have a lot of used equipment lying around. That doesn't mean a thing to people who want to go digital. They aren't all gonna have additional equipment lying around.

All the excuses won't change the fact that Nintendo made the design choices that are gonna cause some consumers to have to buy an external HDD.

So did Sony and MS considering game sizes on their consoles. Everyone going digital this gen needs an upgraded HDD. Hell Sony and Microsoft made the same choice last gen with the no HDD 360, 20gb 360, and 40gb PS3 and no one batted an eye. Suddenly Nintendo makes the choice that if a consumer doesn't want to go digital and it's evil. Jesus Christ try to be consistent here.

And hey, it could be worse. Nintendo could be charging $100+ for 64gb of storage in a proprietary format on a console that flopped so hard no company will release physical games for it outside of Japan.

You can still upgrade the internal in those Sony systems, with a compatible drive of your choosing.
And as we all know, internals are way cheaper than externals.

FYI, 40gb PS3 is still more storage than Wii U 32gb....lol.

Fanboys still deflecting to Vita in a home console Wii U topic, I see.

That 40GB won't last long considering mandatory installs even if all your games are physical. It would only take a handful of physical games to completely fill that drive.

This problem would be even more so with 8 less gigs on the 32gb Wii U consoles.

With PS systems you can at least swap out for an internal drive which are dirt cheap nowadays. As opposed to externals that Wii U needs.
#24geneticsftwPosted 8/16/2014 5:35:41 PM
John_Magnum posted...
Hell Sony and Microsoft made the same choice last gen with the no HDD 360, 20gb 360, and 40gb PS3 and no one batted an eye.

yes of course because the number of people going predominantly digital in 2006 is the same as the number of people going predominantly digital in 2012, brilliant work there Holmes

4gb 360 2010, 12gb ps3 2013
#25googlerPosted 8/16/2014 5:41:30 PM
n00bsaib0t posted...
Lefty128k posted...
They are more or less making you buy an external HDD as well.

How are people who don't want to go digital forces to buy an external HDD? I have 13 digital games and 12gb free. 5 of those are VC.

Nintendo dodged a bullet with no 3rd party support. A few texture packs, large updates, or mandatory installs and that space would be gone fast
#26BurgerTime79Posted 8/16/2014 5:43:02 PM
geneticsftw posted...
John_Magnum posted...

4gb 360 2010, 12gb ps3 2013

I still think that the 4GB is out there just to make the system cheaper with the Kinect packaged with it. It's essentially bait for the consumer with children who want to play Dance Central.
The 12GB PS3 was put out so someone could buy a cheaper system and put a new HDD in it.
---
Classic Gaming Expo _ Sept 12-14 Riviera Hotel in Las Vegas
#27geneticsftwPosted 8/16/2014 5:43:14 PM
googler posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
Lefty128k posted...
They are more or less making you buy an external HDD as well.

How are people who don't want to go digital forces to buy an external HDD? I have 13 digital games and 12gb free. 5 of those are VC.

Nintendo dodged a bullet with no 3rd party support. A few texture packs, large updates, or mandatory installs and that space would be gone fast

See how brilliant they are?
#28oldskl1990sPosted 8/16/2014 6:01:50 PM
I was having problems with the wireless connection on my WiiU and I bought this on Amazon for around $13 US and now the connection works much better:

UtechSmart USB 2.0 to 10/100 Fast Ethernet LAN Wired Network Adapter for Macbook, Chromebook, Windows 8 and Earlier, Surface Pro, Wii, Wii U, Linux, and Specific Android Tablets
---
xbox live- BrainEeter666 WiiU- networkalan
3DS FC- 1590-4705-2648 PM me and I'll add you:-)
#29n00bsaib0tPosted 8/16/2014 6:12:52 PM
John_Magnum posted...

As was pointed out, even smaller versions of the PS3 and 360 have launched since then, and in the days where people are going digital.

Microsoft doesn't force all of their fans to buy a huge HDD, they offer the 4GB model.

Sony doesn't force their fans to buy a huge HDD, there's a 12gb model that launched last year. You know, after the WiiU.

Why is Nintendo the only one catching crap for not making people buy a huge as HDD? Because you're a fanboy, that's why.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#30John_MagnumPosted 8/16/2014 6:14:58 PM
keep comparing the smallest-HDD SKUs of the 360 and PS3 with the largest-HDD SKU of the Wii U as if it's convincing anyone