So no cable modem support from the WiiU?

#31n00bsaib0tPosted 8/16/2014 6:16:10 PM
Lefty128k posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
Lefty128k posted...
Then you should be telling Nintendo, whose selling digital games and installing miniscule storage space, that.

Good for you, I also have a lot of used equipment lying around. That doesn't mean a thing to people who want to go digital. They aren't all gonna have additional equipment lying around.

All the excuses won't change the fact that Nintendo made the design choices that are gonna cause some consumers to have to buy an external HDD.

So did Sony and MS considering game sizes on their consoles. Everyone going digital this gen needs an upgraded HDD. Hell Sony and Microsoft made the same choice last gen with the no HDD 360, 20gb 360, and 40gb PS3 and no one batted an eye. Suddenly Nintendo makes the choice that if a consumer doesn't want to go digital and it's evil. Jesus Christ try to be consistent here.

And hey, it could be worse. Nintendo could be charging $100+ for 64gb of storage in a proprietary format on a console that flopped so hard no company will release physical games for it outside of Japan.

You can still upgrade the internal in those Sony systems, with a compatible drive of your choosing.
And as we all know, internals are way cheaper than externals.

FYI, 40gb PS3 is still more storage than Wii U 32gb....lol.

Fanboys still deflecting to Vita in a home console Wii U topic, I see.

Internal drives weren't dirt cheap in 2006. Hell, they're still only $10-15 less than externals today.

Nothing to say about the 4gb 360 or 12gb PS3?

And the Vita is relevant whether you like it or not. Consoles are consoles and mistakes are mistake, and the Vita is nothing but a mistake in every way on Sony's part. S***, the big wigs don't even know what games are on the damn thing. Apparently BL2 isn't out yet. That's how bad the Vita is doing, Sony doesn't even pay attention to the damn thing. And you accuse me of deflecting for the WiiU? You flat out dismiss anything valid said to you. You deflect in any way you can to try and make Nintendo look bad.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#32n00bsaib0tPosted 8/16/2014 6:22:41 PM
John_Magnum posted...
keep comparing the smallest-HDD SKUs of the 360 and PS3 with the largest-HDD SKU of the Wii U as if it's convincing anyone

A 32gb WiiU with a 500gb external is only $50 more than the last gen 250gb model 360 and it's twice as much storage.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#33king_maddenPosted 8/16/2014 6:30:09 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#34PersonaQueuePosted 8/16/2014 6:46:19 PM
geneticsftw posted...

4gb 360 2010, 12gb ps3 2013

The 12GB PS3 didn't have a hard drive in there, pretty sure it's for people who either have a hard drive they want to use or want to upgrade their system.
My fat PS3 finally died last year so I got the 12GB Super Slim and shoved my old hard drive in there.
#35Lefty128kPosted 8/16/2014 7:47:41 PM
n00bsaib0t posted...
Internal drives weren't dirt cheap in 2006. Hell, they're still only $10-15 less than externals today.

Nothing to say about the 4gb 360 or 12gb PS3?

And the Vita is relevant whether you like it or not. Consoles are consoles and mistakes are mistake, and the Vita is nothing but a mistake in every way on Sony's part. S***, the big wigs don't even know what games are on the damn thing. Apparently BL2 isn't out yet. That's how bad the Vita is doing, Sony doesn't even pay attention to the damn thing. And you accuse me of deflecting for the WiiU? You flat out dismiss anything valid said to you. You deflect in any way you can to try and make Nintendo look bad.

Internals will always be cheaper than externals. And in 2006 there were dirt cheap internals.

Yeah, they're brilliant. Remember it's 2014 where you admit there are dirt cheap internal HDD's. So you buy one of those lean systems and put in a dirt cheap HDD...well at least in Sony's case...and you're good to go with several hundred gigs. MS is still using those proprietary enclosures.

Vita is a handheld console, this is a home console forum. It's a weak deflection. It's not valid.
#36CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 8/16/2014 8:03:34 PM
lefty being silly.

Complaining about Nintendo forcing people to buy external hdd.

Solution?

Force everyone to buy an internal Hdd.

Bravo lefty!
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#37Lefty128kPosted 8/16/2014 8:34:55 PM
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
lefty being silly.

Complaining about Nintendo forcing people to buy external hdd.

Solution?

Force everyone to buy an internal Hdd.

Bravo lefty!

That's a situation specific only to those leaned out models, Kiddo. Keep up now.

Most would buy a 500gb PS3 model for around $250 or so, a bundle for closer to $300.

It's funny isn't it......how Wii U is already so low in price it's competing with prior gen. You can find Wii U brand new for around $250-$300.
#38Starwars4JPosted 8/16/2014 8:50:40 PM
This is terrible! Even worse the Wii U doesn't support VHS! GET WITH THE TIMES NINTENDO
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#39LightHawKnightPosted 8/16/2014 9:02:35 PM
All lefty does is get owned. Funny.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#40Lefty128kPosted 8/16/2014 9:33:06 PM(edited)
LightHawKnight posted...
All lefty does is get owned. Funny.

When I asked you to explain how so in this topic...

Post #51
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/69868166

....you ran away scared.