So no cable modem support from the WiiU?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. So no cable modem support from the WiiU?
1 year ago#41
Lefty128k posted...
Waggy17 posted...
Lefty128k posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
Lefty128k posted...
Then you should be telling Nintendo, whose selling digital games and installing miniscule storage space, that.

Good for you, I also have a lot of used equipment lying around. That doesn't mean a thing to people who want to go digital. They aren't all gonna have additional equipment lying around.

All the excuses won't change the fact that Nintendo made the design choices that are gonna cause some consumers to have to buy an external HDD.

So did Sony and MS considering game sizes on their consoles. Everyone going digital this gen needs an upgraded HDD. Hell Sony and Microsoft made the same choice last gen with the no HDD 360, 20gb 360, and 40gb PS3 and no one batted an eye. Suddenly Nintendo makes the choice that if a consumer doesn't want to go digital and it's evil. Jesus Christ try to be consistent here.

And hey, it could be worse. Nintendo could be charging $100+ for 64gb of storage in a proprietary format on a console that flopped so hard no company will release physical games for it outside of Japan.

You can still upgrade the internal in those Sony systems, with a compatible drive of your choosing.
And as we all know, internals are way cheaper than externals.

FYI, 40gb PS3 is still more storage than Wii U 32gb....lol.

Fanboys still deflecting to Vita in a home console Wii U topic, I see.

That 40GB won't last long considering mandatory installs even if all your games are physical. It would only take a handful of physical games to completely fill that drive.

This problem would be even more so with 8 less gigs on the 32gb Wii U consoles.

With PS systems you can at least swap out for an internal drive which are dirt cheap nowadays. As opposed to externals that Wii U needs.

It's actually more like 31GB vs 25GB, so 6 less gigs. Externals are easier to deal with than internals, especially with the PS3.

Enclosures are also fairly cheap. It's probably easier to make your own external drive than it is to change out the hard drive on a PS3.

Regardless, you destroy the one argument by mentioning that Sony allows the upgrade of the hard drive. Nintendo has essentially done the same, only their option is easier/more convenient, and not as necessary as on Sony's system in the examples discussed.
---
PSN/NNID - Waggy777
http://www.youtube.com/user/waggystg
1 year ago#42
Waggy17 posted...
Lefty128k posted...
Waggy17 posted...
Lefty128k posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
So did Sony and MS considering game sizes on their consoles. Everyone going digital this gen needs an upgraded HDD. Hell Sony and Microsoft made the same choice last gen with the no HDD 360, 20gb 360, and 40gb PS3 and no one batted an eye. Suddenly Nintendo makes the choice that if a consumer doesn't want to go digital and it's evil. Jesus Christ try to be consistent here.

And hey, it could be worse. Nintendo could be charging $100+ for 64gb of storage in a proprietary format on a console that flopped so hard no company will release physical games for it outside of Japan.

You can still upgrade the internal in those Sony systems, with a compatible drive of your choosing.

That 40GB won't last long considering mandatory installs even if all your games are physical. It would only take a handful of physical games to completely fill that drive.

With PS systems you can at least swap out for an internal drive which are dirt cheap nowadays. As opposed to externals that Wii U needs.

It's actually more like 31GB vs 25GB, so 6 less gigs. Externals are easier to deal with than internals, especially with the PS3.

Enclosures are also fairly cheap. It's probably easier to make your own external drive than it is to change out the hard drive on a PS3.

Regardless, you destroy the one argument by mentioning that Sony allows the upgrade of the hard drive. Nintendo has essentially done the same, only their option is easier/more convenient, and not as necessary as on Sony's system in the examples discussed.

Yes, it's easier to plug in a cord then it is to swap out some screws. You should probably get a game-disc changing butler if you can't even take a moment to swap 4 screws. You're time is obviously so valuable you shouldn't waste it swapping discs or learning how to use a screwdriver.

That sounds like a Nintendo solution, make people spend even more money unnecessarily.

Again, most people will just buy a 500gb PS3 and be done with it. So you destroy your own argument by failing to recognize something I already addressed. People who want to fiddle around with the HDD are mostly going to be people who are fully capable, willing, and who have drives to use already. People who know who to operate a screwdriver.
1 year ago#43
So it's okay for Sony to sell a system that doesn't have enough storage space because people are willing to upgrade the HDD, but it's not okay for Nintendo to do the same thing? Nice fanboying there lefty.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
1 year ago#44
Lefty128k posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
Internal drives weren't dirt cheap in 2006. Hell, they're still only $10-15 less than externals today.

Nothing to say about the 4gb 360 or 12gb PS3?

And the Vita is relevant whether you like it or not. Consoles are consoles and mistakes are mistake, and the Vita is nothing but a mistake in every way on Sony's part. S***, the big wigs don't even know what games are on the damn thing. Apparently BL2 isn't out yet. That's how bad the Vita is doing, Sony doesn't even pay attention to the damn thing. And you accuse me of deflecting for the WiiU? You flat out dismiss anything valid said to you. You deflect in any way you can to try and make Nintendo look bad.

Internals will always be cheaper than externals. And in 2006 there were dirt cheap internals.

Yeah, they're brilliant. Remember it's 2014 where you admit there are dirt cheap internal HDD's. So you buy one of those lean systems and put in a dirt cheap HDD...well at least in Sony's case...and you're good to go with several hundred gigs. MS is still using those proprietary enclosures.

Vita is a handheld console, this is a home console forum. It's a weak deflection. It's not valid.

Yeah, you could get a 128gb or so dirt cheap in 2006. Much like the 100gb proprietary 360 HDD, it's not enough though. A 500gb HDD in 2006 was expensive internal or external.

And why is it okay for Sony to have damn near no storage space in a console because you just get another HDD, but not Nintendo? You've been dodging this question the entire time. You're afraid to answer it because it destroys your little "argument".

And it doesn't matter that it's "handheld". Consoles are consoles. If Sony can be discussed on a Nintendo forum, that means the Vita is acceptable to bring up. This isn't the PS3 or PS4 forums either, but you won't shut your damn ass about those.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
1 year ago#45
Vita still sold more than Wii U.
---
Miami Heat not champions of 2014.
http://i.imgur.com/m52Q7Rt.gif
1 year ago#46
Nemerlight posted...

So did the Game Cube and the Dreamcast. Failed consoles are now successful!
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
1 year ago#47
Nemerlight posted...

Don't know about anyone else, but I have like 4-5 times more games for my Vita than I do for my WiiU.
---
"It's funny how dumb you are" -Bill Cipher
FCs, PSN and Gamertag in profile
1 year ago#48
n00bsaib0t posted...
Nemerlight posted...

Compare to Wii U sales they are.
---
Miami Heat not champions of 2014.
http://i.imgur.com/m52Q7Rt.gif
1 year ago#49
Nemerlight posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
Nemerlight posted...

Compare to Wii U sales they are.

http://giphy.com/gifs/qraKajT2sWovK
1 year ago#50
Lefty128k posted...
Waggy17 posted...
Lefty128k posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
Lefty128k posted...
Then you should be telling Nintendo, whose selling digital games and installing miniscule storage space, that.

Good for you, I also have a lot of used equipment lying around. That doesn't mean a thing to people who want to go digital. They aren't all gonna have additional equipment lying around.

All the excuses won't change the fact that Nintendo made the design choices that are gonna cause some consumers to have to buy an external HDD.

I know it's like it is impossible to have an external HDD case that takes internal HDDs. And your point is ridiculous, it is ok for Sony to sell a low storage space model because the HDD is internal, but Nintendo is wrong because the HDD is extrernal.
---
3ds fc: 4940-5666-3487 psnID: Mattatron36
NNID: Mattatron
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. So no cable modem support from the WiiU?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived