So no cable modem support from the WiiU?

#81_SGPosted 8/17/2014 2:13:14 PM
Lefty128k posted...
8waystomonday posted...
Lefty128k posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
Actually, a WiiU and 500gb external is $250, bundled with Nintendoland, with the system coming straight to your home from Nintendo, and includes a 1 year warranty.

Sony charges $280 for the 500gb PS3, sometimes you can get that with a game (the Destiny bundle isn't a bad deal). And if it breaks, you're s*** out of luck.

And again, just because there is a 500gb PS3 and PS4 doesn't make anything less just as useless as what Nintendo offers. You're completely ignoring that the WiiUs storage is completely upgradeable while your argument in favor of a model of PS3 that can't even play GTAV is that the HDD is upgradeable. It's a huge double standard.

And you're still ignoring that the Vita 1000 was useless without a memory card and Sony price gouged the s*** out of them. Again, a console is a console. Comparing WiiU to Vita doesn't say anything more about the WiiU's power than you constantly comparing PS4 to WiiU. Is PS4 only as powerful as the WiiU? Is that why you're making the comparison constantly? You can't have it both ways.

Refurbished systems do not represent accurate price of a new console. I reject this outright. I am obviously talking about buying new systems. What a cheap tactic for you to use.

Stop your paltry ignoring of the fact that Sony offers a model with and without a 500gb drive.

PS4 and Wii U are generation peers and both home consoles. That is a logical and reasonable comparison. You're just trying to make this topic about Vita because you can't handle criticism of Wii U.

Agreed his posts and post history just scream bias

Notice how he tried to cover his cheap tactic and fails to mention they're refurbished prices until after he's caught?

Waggy17 posted...
I have friends as well. I still reject the premise that buying the additional controller is necessary.
Agreed. He also failed to mention that many Wii U games won't allow multiplayer with the Wii U gamepad, so often, you need TWO ADDITIONAL Wiimotes (& nunchucks for many), or Pro controllers. I own a Wii U. I do not own any MS or Sony consoles. This is a bit sad really.
#82_SGPosted 8/17/2014 2:20:36 PM
n00bsaib0t posted...
Lefty128k posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
Actually, a WiiU and 500gb external is $250, bundled with Nintendoland, with the system coming straight to your home from Nintendo, and includes a 1 year warranty.

Sony charges $280 for the 500gb PS3, sometimes you can get that with a game (the Destiny bundle isn't a bad deal). And if it breaks, you're s*** out of luck.

And again, just because there is a 500gb PS3 and PS4 doesn't make anything less just as useless as what Nintendo offers. You're completely ignoring that the WiiUs storage is completely upgradeable while your argument in favor of a model of PS3 that can't even play GTAV is that the HDD is upgradeable. It's a huge double standard.

And you're still ignoring that the Vita 1000 was useless without a memory card and Sony price gouged the s*** out of them. Again, a console is a console. Comparing WiiU to Vita doesn't say anything more about the WiiU's power than you constantly comparing PS4 to WiiU. Is PS4 only as powerful as the WiiU? Is that why you're making the comparison constantly? You can't have it both ways.

Refurbished systems do not represent accurate price of a new console. I reject this outright. I am obviously talking about buying new systems. What a cheap tactic for you to use.

Stop your paltry ignoring of the fact that Sony offers a model with and without a 500gb drive.

PS4 and Wii U are generation peers and both home consoles. That is a logical and reasonable comparison. You're just trying to make this topic about Vita because you can't handle criticism of Wii U.

Like I said, the $200 console is bought directly from Nintendo. It's not anywhere near the same as buying a refurb from Game Stop. The Nintendo bought consoles come with the same 1 year warranty the $300 retail ones come with. Sony offers nothing of the sort. It doesn't matter if you want to reject it or not, you can buy a WiiU from Nintendo for $200 with the exact same warranty as a new console, and it comes with a game.

I'm not ignoring that there is a 500gb PS3. You're ignoring that it took 7 years for Sony to get that to the market, however. What Sony offers now doesn't change the fact that for 7 years they sold the console with insufficient storage and forced you to upgrade the internal HDD yourself. Forced you to format it yourself. Force you to transfer your data yourself. Nintendo offers a plug and play alternate to those who want more space in the early years of their console.

Nice dodging of how horrible Sony is managing the Vita. You know, one of the WiiU's generation peers. A console is a console. It doesn't matter how you want to try and divide them.
Oh, come ON. What's this argument seeking to prove? That Nintendo are better to customers than Sony? That Nintendo don't strip things out to save money? You cannot always get a refurb and even then they're in limited quantities. This is about consoles that you can just walk into a shop and pick up. If everyone wanted to buy a refurb, there wouldn't even be a fraction of enough to go around. Therefore, the standard to compare is a regular retail Wii U.

And I don't see how Vita is relevant. Maybe Sony did balls it up, who cares? It's not relevant to the argument. The PS3 is being compared to the Wii U with the implication being that it did a better job or that it didn't. I don't care for Sony either and I don't care if you're a fanboy or not: this argument is a poor one on your part and it's just, well...
#83Waggy17Posted 8/17/2014 4:21:59 PM
_SG posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
Lefty128k posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...

Like I said, the $200 console is bought directly from Nintendo. It's not anywhere near the same as buying a refurb from Game Stop. The Nintendo bought consoles come with the same 1 year warranty the $300 retail ones come with. Sony offers nothing of the sort. It doesn't matter if you want to reject it or not, you can buy a WiiU from Nintendo for $200 with the exact same warranty as a new console, and it comes with a game.

I'm not ignoring that there is a 500gb PS3. You're ignoring that it took 7 years for Sony to get that to the market, however. What Sony offers now doesn't change the fact that for 7 years they sold the console with insufficient storage and forced you to upgrade the internal HDD yourself. Forced you to format it yourself. Force you to transfer your data yourself. Nintendo offers a plug and play alternate to those who want more space in the early years of their console.

Nice dodging of how horrible Sony is managing the Vita. You know, one of the WiiU's generation peers. A console is a console. It doesn't matter how you want to try and divide them.
Oh, come ON. What's this argument seeking to prove? That Nintendo are better to customers than Sony? That Nintendo don't strip things out to save money? You cannot always get a refurb and even then they're in limited quantities. This is about consoles that you can just walk into a shop and pick up. If everyone wanted to buy a refurb, there wouldn't even be a fraction of enough to go around. Therefore, the standard to compare is a regular retail Wii U.

And I don't see how Vita is relevant. Maybe Sony did balls it up, who cares? It's not relevant to the argument. The PS3 is being compared to the Wii U with the implication being that it did a better job or that it didn't. I don't care for Sony either and I don't care if you're a fanboy or not: this argument is a poor one on your part and it's just, well...

Well, if we're talking about PS3 vs. Wii U, then how about the launch price of the respective consoles?
---
PSN/NNID - Waggy777
http://www.youtube.com/user/waggystg
#84Waggy17Posted 8/17/2014 4:23:04 PM
_SG posted...
Agreed. He also failed to mention that many Wii U games won't allow multiplayer with the Wii U gamepad, so often, you need TWO ADDITIONAL Wiimotes (& nunchucks for many), or Pro controllers. I own a Wii U. I do not own any MS or Sony consoles. This is a bit sad really.

So I'm guessing you can use a PS1 or PS2 controller on your PS3?
---
PSN/NNID - Waggy777
#85TomoEK9Posted 8/17/2014 4:25:31 PM
Waggy17 posted...

Well, if we're talking about PS3 vs. Wii U, then how about the launch price of the respective consoles?

Because the PS3 is no longer at launch, and hasn't been at launch for years. You compare what's on the market now.

The market and industry were very different back then compared to now.
#86Waggy17Posted 8/17/2014 4:56:11 PM
TomoEK9 posted...
Waggy17 posted...

Because the PS3 is no longer at launch, and hasn't been at launch for years. You compare what's on the market now.

The market and industry were very different back then compared to now.

Right, but we're then comparing Sony's last gen console to Nintendo's current gen console, and I then have to question why the comparison is being made. When the Wii U has been out as long as the PS3 has, certainly the price will be lower and perhaps the SKU itself will change. But the PS3 released with storage comparable to what the Wii U offers, only it's far more expensive.

But if we're going to discuss consoles on the market, the Wii U is currently available on the market refurbished for $200 from Nintendo. You can try to discount that however you wish, but it's still an option on the market.
---
PSN/NNID - Waggy777
#87darkjedilinkPosted 8/17/2014 5:05:15 PM
John_Magnum posted...
keep comparing the smallest-HDD SKUs of the 360 and PS3 with the largest-HDD SKU of the Wii U as if it's convincing anyone

Pricing at the time is similar, so it's an apt comparison.
---
Deus Ex Wii U is $20-$55 more expensive than other versions, but it only didn't sell because Wii U owners don't like third-party games. - king_madden
#88TomoEK9Posted 8/17/2014 5:12:18 PM
Waggy17 posted...

Right, but we're then comparing Sony's last gen console to Nintendo's current gen console, and I then have to question why the comparison is being made. When the Wii U has been out as long as the PS3 has, certainly the price will be lower and perhaps the SKU itself will change. But the PS3 released with storage comparable to what the Wii U offers, only it's far more expensive.

But if we're going to discuss consoles on the market, the Wii U is currently available on the market refurbished for $200 from Nintendo. You can try to discount that however you wish, but it's still an option on the market.

Because they are both on the market and they are directly competing, the Wii U, PS4 and Xbone are all competing against their last gen counterparts as much as they are each other.

And no, you aren't, option or not, its not new, its a refurb. You want to compare a refurb to a refurb fine, but refurb to new is not the same and is nothing more than a copout argument.
#89PS4WarriorPosted 8/17/2014 6:01:33 PM
So many Nintendo apologists in this topic can't accept the fact that Nintendo did wrong with the Wii U.
#90_SGPosted 8/18/2014 5:54:19 AM
Waggy17 posted...
Sure, why not?

Waggy17 posted...
_SG posted...

So I'm guessing you can use a PS1 or PS2 controller on your PS3?
Sorry, you'll have to elaborate, I don't get your point.

TomoEK9 posted...
Waggy17 posted...

Because they are both on the market and they are directly competing, the Wii U, PS4 and Xbone are all competing against their last gen counterparts as much as they are each other.

And no, you aren't, option or not, its not new, its a refurb. You want to compare a refurb to a refurb fine, but refurb to new is not the same and is nothing more than a copout argument.
Yeah, like I said only a handful of people can get these.

AGAIN: I own a Wii U, 3DS (and previous gen Nintendo consoles), but no MS or Sony consoles.