Your reaction: Sakamoto directs a Metroid game for the Wii U.

#1DiayamondoPosted 8/16/2014 8:02:24 PM
Is it possible for him to **** on the Metroid franchise even further?
#2DarkBlade2Posted 8/16/2014 8:18:58 PM
Diayamondo posted...

I would be fine with him directing another game. I would sincerely hope that he learned from both Other M's strong and weak points. But I would by no mean begrudge the man for making one "bad" game.

Then again I enjoyed Other M and don't view it as a abomination to the series as other seem to. Was it the greatest Metroid ever? No? But I didn't think it was bad.
---
Wii U drought? Good thing I have a Wii U, Wii, PS3, 3DS, DS Lite, PS Vita and PSP.
#3heartlesshero17Posted 8/16/2014 8:21:33 PM
"Hey look, another Metroid game. Yay. Now the fans who keep pretending the series has been dead and forgotten by Nintendo despite the last game coming out 4 years ago can shut the **** up "
---
"Traditional fish sex"
-Bill Nye
#4CrystalKing5426Posted 8/16/2014 9:18:01 PM
Hasn't he said he's no longer interested in Metroid games?DarkBlade2 posted...
Diayamondo posted...

I would be fine with him directing another game. I would sincerely hope that he learned from both Other M's strong and weak points. But I would by no mean begrudge the man for making one "bad" game.

Then again I enjoyed Other M and don't view it as a abomination to the series as other seem to. Was it the greatest Metroid ever? No? But I didn't think it was bad.

It wasn't a Metroid game to begin with.
---
Other M is the One More Day of Metroid
#5super_taco_ftwPosted 8/17/2014 4:15:04 AM
Didn't he work on other Metroid games before Other M? Like Super Metroid? So long as he's learned from his mistakes, there's no reason to be worried.
---
"In case of an emergency, **** you, **** the lot of ya's"- Adam Hills
#6RolanberryPosted 8/17/2014 4:16:23 AM
I'd be fine with it. I liked Other M so its pure winning from my stand point.
#7Snow-DustPosted 8/17/2014 5:05:46 AM
He made a mistake but with his history, he more than deserves to work on metroid again. As long as he isn't given complete control over the project again, it should be fine
#8BMK2010Posted 8/17/2014 5:41:41 AM
I think Sakamoto learned from his mistakes and I do believe he will give the fans they want, a strong-willed, hard headed muscular samus who dont take %$&# from nobody. I believe the Metroids will fear Samus because she is so strong, she squashes them and eats them like jello.

Concept art for new Samus:

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/279/4/4/muscle_suit_samus_by_espadadeloscuro-d6phauc.jpg

In fact, I don't think Samus will have much of a personality, her instinct will be just to kill anything that moves... and eat it. Sakamoto will probably revert back to first person following in Prime's footsteps.