Do you think Nintendo games have the best soundtracks?

#1Megamushroom666Posted 8/16/2014 9:22:09 PM
Do you think Nintendo games have the best soundtracks? - Results (157 votes)
Yes
47.77% (75 votes)
No (then who?)
52.23% (82 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Overall, you can count on Nintendo games having great music. I think they're the most consistent.
---
'Deep into that darkness peering...'
Snackeroo.com
#2corey2678Posted 8/16/2014 9:57:43 PM(edited)
I vote Atlus, simply because of the Persona franchise!
Oh, and SQUARE-ENIX. FF Music is great. My favorite is XIII music, but when Uematsu was the main composer, those were great as well.
Joe Hisaishi, too. He makes great music for games and Ghibli movies.
---
"I'm not questioning your honor, Lord Janos. I'm denying its existence." -- Tyrion Lannister, Game of Thrones
#3bbkkristianPosted 8/16/2014 9:53:43 PM
Koji Kondo, who does a great deal of Nintendo's music, is a legend of his own accord, but he doesn't live up to Nobuo Uematsu. I will buy whatever that man touches.

But I think about it, I can't say Nintendo games have better osts than another company. I get more specific, because what about second parties such as Monolith?

So without further ado, my favorite composers:

1. Nobuo Uematsu
2. Yoko Shimomura
3. Revo
4. ACE+
5. Koji Kondo
6. Shoji Meguro
---
PM me for Recruitment code for Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn :)
3DS FC: 2552-0940-6228. PSN: bbkkristian
#4Beatperson14Posted 8/16/2014 9:59:25 PM
Who in the hell thinks soft jazz is the best OST?

Literally every recent Nintendo game's music is just crappy jazz. No soul. Nothing good.
---
THY, DAMNATION, SLUMBERETH, NOT.
#5SegavsCapcomPosted 8/16/2014 10:06:19 PM
Beatperson14 posted...

Literally every recent Nintendo game's music is just crappy jazz. No soul. Nothing good.

I have yet to pay a modern Nintendo game that has jazz as a major part or even any part of its OST.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
3DS FC: 1306-5920-0665 _PSN: SegavsCapcom_ Steam: SegavsCapcom_NNID: SegavsCapcom
#6Granadico_Posted 8/16/2014 10:13:24 PM
SegavsCapcom posted...
Beatperson14 posted...

I have yet to pay a modern Nintendo game that has jazz as a major part or even any part of its OST.

Mario Kart 8 and SM3DW are very jazzy. Good jazz though IMO.
I'm not very knowledgeable about actual composers, but Nintendo is definitely one of the top companies with the best music. At least most often, SNES era companies gave them a run for their money, but haven't stayed as great i think. Nintendo's been pretty damn consistent
#7imameliaPosted 8/16/2014 10:22:07 PM
I don't know. Maybe just because I have the most experience with them? My two favorite soundtracks come from Nintendo games, but so too do my two least favorite, and I can think of plenty of good music from PlayStation 1 and 2 games as well.
#8PsychoWolfXPosted 8/16/2014 10:33:58 PM
Overall, definitely.
There are plenty of excellent non-Nintendo games with incredible soundtracks though. Look at Spyro the Dragon.
---
3DS FC: 2879-0740-0938
- From the desk of Admiral PsychowolfX
#9SolisPosted 8/16/2014 10:36:21 PM
I find Nintendo games to be incredibly inconsistent when it comes to their soundtracks. They have a few standouts like the Mario Galaxy games, but others have music that I find entirely forgettable. Many of the tracks in the Zelda games or NSMB ends up being extremely obnoxious. However, since Nintendo has many different types of games and many different composers under them, it doesn't really seem to make sense to have any specific expectations for the music in their games when the style and quality can vary greatly from one game to another.

I've liked Jesper Kyd for quite a long while though, even if his soundtracks don't seem quite as distinct now as they were in the 90s and early 2000s.
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review
#10LePhenomPosted 8/16/2014 10:38:17 PM
I came here to vote "No", then thought of Xenoblade and voted "Yes".

Also, I'd vote no because of Squaresoft beating them if we were still in the 90s.