Do you think Nintendo games have the best soundtracks?

#21Pink_a_DinkPosted 8/17/2014 1:20:11 AM
Sony. Why?

Silent Hill series. (Akira Yamaoka may return for Silent Hills!)
Heavy Rain.
Brutal Legend.
GTA Vice City.
Metal Gear Solid series.
Super Street Fighter IV.
---
Without exaggeration, I can honestly say this is the best thing I've played this whole year, and its only a demo!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B7rgDikl0k
#22Phrase-of-EvePosted 8/17/2014 1:36:25 AM
I love Nintendo soundtracks, but I'm going to say no. For me, Squaresoft/Square Enix comes up with the most powerful and enjoyable soundtracks in gaming.
---
The worst foe lies within the self.
The official Mitochondria Eve on every board ever.
#23DBeanPosted 8/17/2014 1:37:38 AM(edited)
Some of them are up there. Capcom, Sega, and Square definitely provide competition.
#24Run_2_the_HillsPosted 8/17/2014 1:42:21 AM
no

overall, SE.
#25UponADarkThornePosted 8/17/2014 2:47:26 AM
googler posted...

I wanted to say their music is mostly a bunch of generic happy baby music with no real emotion and total lack of drive or else its clichéd faux-epic orchestral junk.

Yet you think the Battlefield games have good soundtracks.

Anyway... Yes. Some Nintendo games have great soundtracks. Most Super Mario games (although not the NSMB games), the Mother series, the Mario & Luigi games (as Yoko Shimomura is great), Xenoblade (as ACE+ is great) and a few others.

Other favorite composers include: Yuzo Koshiro, Nobuo Uematsu, Mark Morgan and Richard Band (who did Planescape: Torment's completely amazing soundtrack), Michael Hoenig (Baldur's Gate, Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn) Adam Skorupa and Krzysztof Wierzynkiewicz (The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings) as well as the various composers that worked on the Mega Man and Castlevania games.
---
3DS Friend Code: 2680-9395-3914; NNID: MisterNoOne
Friend Safari (Dragon): Fraxure, Noibat, Sliggoo
#26super_taco_ftwPosted 8/17/2014 4:05:32 AM
I would say that overall Square Enix has the best soundtracks, but Nintendo's pretty high. Say what you will about modern Square, their games have awesome soundtracks. Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Kingdom Hearts and Bravely Default are awesome.
---
"In case of an emergency, **** you, **** the lot of ya's"- Adam Hills
#27crazyj10Posted 8/17/2014 10:32:44 AM
They definitely have some catchy tunes in their games, but some of my personal favorites are Shoji Meguro (Particularly his Persona stuff, espeically 3), Revo (Bravely Default is currently has my favorite soundtrack, and the Shingeki no Kyojin openings are pretty damn good too), and Motoi Sakuraba (The man just makes good stuff).

Good? Certainly. The best? No way.

Now if you'll excuse me, I must listen to "That Person's Name Is" again.
---
A game's worth is not measured by it's replay-value, nor it's length, but by the quality of the experience you had while playing.
#28coreekymonPosted 8/17/2014 10:49:47 AM
Nintendo can be hit or miss, sometimes they have fantastic soundtracks and sometimes they have forgettable soundtracks. Overall I think Square Enix does it best.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/coreekymon
3DS FC: 3695-0124-0339
#29TruthsEdgePosted 8/17/2014 11:12:03 AM
Koji Kondo never fails to impress me. Kenji Yamamoto is really good too.

I can't agree with square enix being best though. Lately they have been lacking in the sound department. FF14 music is decent, KH3D pretty much has all recycled tracks from past KH. Deus Ex and lightning return were good though.

I can't say square has put out any great soundtracks outside of Bravely Default and FF13. I can't remember and Eidos music. Even tri-ace hasn't had great music lately.

But Square would win NES, SNES, PS1, and the PS2 eras easily.
---
Wii U ID: Aikoku-sha
3DS: 4656-6218-3929. PSN: xRadiant_Wolfx XBL: xRadiant Wolfx
#30TruthsEdgePosted 8/17/2014 11:12:51 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]