So bored with this system.

#1FishelsPosted 8/16/2014 10:43:30 PM
I got one at launch and the system just hasn't really ever picked up steam for me. I mean, I'm glad I own one cause Mario kart 8 and donkey kong are amazing. I just feel like this system needs a really dark game like zombi u. I would love to see a sequel to it but it doesn't look like that is happening. Fatal frame looks likely to skip the USA which is a shame. I guess my question is will this system ever reach its true potential? Does anyone else kinda feel the same?
#2Granadico_Posted 8/16/2014 10:45:24 PM
It seems to be picking up steam the end of this year, as long as they keep it up at least.
I feel bad for launch owners, idk how they deal with the droughts
#3Fishels(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2014 10:49:16 PM
I'm just wanting more mature stuff. Like a really scary horror game.
#4Granadico_Posted 8/16/2014 10:55:37 PM
That's not really what mature means, but did you play Resident evil Revelations?
#5Shadowbird_RHPosted 8/16/2014 10:58:37 PM
Granadico_ posted...

As a launch owner myself, first console I felt confidant enough to buy at launch in fact, there is no drought for me. I've got lots of Wii backlog that I'm playing among Wii U titles, as well as further back titles.

Would you believe I never finished Majora's Mask? I never owned an N64, though I did borrow one and the game from a friend back in the day. I've played a lot of Harvest Moon: Animal Parade, but I'm having trouble staying interested, so I recently started playing Majora's Mask again on the VC.

Funny, I never noticed the aggressive details of Anju's Grandmother's wheelchair before tonight...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jljhplbibcnlga3/Anju's%20Grandmother's%20Wheelchair.JPG
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#6usaamahlinkPosted 8/16/2014 11:01:29 PM
Lol. I'm getting this console for Smash and Xenoblade, and because it'll be fun with everyone. I bought M8 already, when the promotion was still effective.. But honestly the only game I'll really miss having on Wii U is NHL 15. Other than that, the RPGs the PS4/PS3 will get will be missed, but honestly I don't feel I'm missing much. Part of that is intentional, I don't need to play every good game. I'm happy with just a few. I'm pretty busy most of the time as well so don't game as much.. But Nintendoland will be fun with family. Looking forward to getting that with the $200 Wii U.
---
Xenoblade Chronicles X is confirmed Game of the Generation. Everyone agrees with me.
http://i.minus.com/iXO9Kv9FFdgMT.jpg, http://i.minus.com/iymkFwzCt6K4l.jpg
#7Granadico_Posted 8/16/2014 11:03:18 PM
lol is that real? i've played that game dozens of time and never seen that
I don't think that counts though, objectiely at least, since you were using other systems. But i guess BC technically is the same system in a way. But solely playing Wii U games, unless they really loved certain games and play the crap out of them (like MH3(
#8NovaLevossidaPosted 8/16/2014 11:05:24 PM
Granadico_ posted...

I mainly just kept my Wii U off or unplugged and played other systems. The cycle generally went new game release -> system update -> play game -> turn off system for months -> new game release.
---
The HUD...
...placed conveniently on the Wii U gamepad. - TreeFall Studios on The Letter
#9Shadowbird_RHPosted 8/16/2014 11:13:42 PM
Well, there is more I could do in the Wii U games I have, and there are interesting titles on the eShop (top of the list: Child of Light, Shovel Knight, Ittle Dew, Master Reboot), but I have older games that I've been wanting to get around to. Having numerous Wii games left to play, backwards compatibility, system transfer, and wanting to give my Wii to my dad to serve Netflix were all big parts of why I bought the Wii U at launch when I normally wait a year or two before buying new consoles.

As for the picture, it's real, I took it myself a few hours to show to a friend.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#10Snow-DustPosted 8/16/2014 11:51:58 PM
Granadico_ posted...
It seems to be picking up steam the end of this year, as long as they keep it up at least.

I played nintendo land all day and I pretty much mastered zelda and metroid both with gamepad and remote. I am close to mastering all levels on pikmin.

Point is, nintendo land is awesome. Though I did left it for a few months not playing it but for other reasons