Nintendo should NOT compete with Sony and M$

#1yeti44Posted 8/18/2014 12:27:37 PM
I can't believe I am reading this crap.

A: Xbone and PS4 are already basically clones of each other. Why the hell should Nintendo imitate their approach? Especially since...

B: they are both BLEEDING MONEY. Nintendo has only had one year of losses since entering the game industry and it was mainly because the Yen was too strong. Whereas Xbox has flushed $4 billion down the drain so far, and Playstation hasn't been profitable since the PS2 days.

C: the whole AAA game model is dying. It's too expensive to make games that max out PC-like hardware. Meaning devs take less risks, try to milk it with day 1 DLC and micro transactions, and make everything cross platform. Which brings me to...

D: do we really need yet another budget PC in a box just to play the same damn generic multiplat games as Ps4 and Xbone at lower settings than a decent PC? Who wants that?

Nintendo makes kick ass hardware, the most innovative controllers, and games that run perfectly on said hardware. Learn what the god damn blue ocean strategy is before you ask them to throw money away imitating Sony & M$ dying business.
---
You went full Pony, man. Never go full Pony.
#2MaouSadoPosted 8/18/2014 12:29:32 PM
Nintendo just needs to drop back a few yards, and figure out what to do with what they put out in the Wii U.

The gamepad could lead to some amazingly fun games. USE IT already. You are already too far along to take the Wii U BACK.
#3DiscostewSMPosted 8/18/2014 12:31:16 PM
They do need to compete, but not by using tactics such as what you mentioned, like bleeding money and whatnot. If anything, Nintendo should at the very least keep interest up while the other two duke it out and put each other under.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#4SegavsCapcomPosted 8/18/2014 12:33:20 PM
Uh, Nintendo DOES need to compete. Doing their own thing hasn't worked out. They're too reclusive. They need to stop acting like they're the only ones in the industry and start acting as members of the industry. They need to be much more aggressive and more willing to listen to what third parties want.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
3DS FC: 1306-5920-0665 _PSN: SegavsCapcom_ Steam: SegavsCapcom_NNID: SegavsCapcom
#5Granadico_Posted 8/18/2014 12:35:09 PM
A yeti topic that actually makes some sense? that's amazing
You're a bit too black and white with stuff, but for the most part i agree
#6SpookyryuPosted 8/18/2014 12:50:20 PM(edited)
Granadico_ posted...
A yeti topic that actually makes some sense? that's amazing
You're a bit too black and white with stuff, but for the most part i agree

lately he has some sense, I agree with the topic I don't know why segavscapcom is so negative today, but I have downloaded all the free games from xbox live, and the amount of shooters really bores me, I started dishonored and it really feels generic, however whenever I play any nintendo game brings a little smile on my face, my vote is that nintendo stays the same because they will save the industry again
#7segagamerPosted 8/18/2014 1:59:10 PM
Nintendo already is competing. Such as the fact that they now embrace indies like everyone else.

But they aren't doing too great in other aspects.
---
NNID: JZimino
XBL: IdealCornet25
#8IzraeilPosted 8/18/2014 2:00:51 PM
segagamer posted...
Nintendo already is competing. Such as the fact that they now embrace indies like everyone else.

But they aren't doing too great in other aspects.

Nintendo's own first party titles are barely any better than indie titles, they didn't have to embrace them.
#9Hiten Mitsurugi SPosted 8/18/2014 2:12:55 PM
Sony and ms are blowing cash to ruin the market and appeal to dude bros, so even when they outsell Nintendo, they lose.

But call of duty kids can't fathom it, and either way, smash is going to put wii u far far ahead
---
Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U!
#10bandit__74Posted 8/18/2014 2:22:30 PM
I'm not convinced Nintendo CAN compete with PS and XB in terms of consoles. Other than Wii (a clear outlier if ever there was one) Nintendo has not released a console that was competitive since PS broke onto the scene. The market has changed a great deal since the days of NES and SNES. Nintendo is either unable or unwilling to change with it.

On the other hand, their handhelds have blown their competition away and every console they have made has been profitable. In that light, I would question WHY Nintendo should try to compete with the others. It seems that they have carved out a nice little niche for themselves and will continue to be profitable as long as they continue to do their own thing.