Nintendo almost had it right

#1BMK2010Posted 8/18/2014 5:15:54 PM
They need in-game notifications for when friends come online, playing Mario Kart 8 for a good hour and then exiting the game to the main menu only to find a friend was sending messages asking to play MK8, awesome, would have been nice to receive this notifications in-game so I knew about it, way to go Nintendo, can be fixed with a simple update though.
#2NovaLevossidaPosted 8/18/2014 5:18:44 PM
That's something I take so much for granted on other systems that I wouldn't call it almost getting it right; it's rather expected these days.
---
The HUD...
...placed conveniently on the Wii U gamepad. - TreeFall Studios on The Letter
#3Tech_SupportPosted 8/18/2014 5:22:17 PM
I'm sure if you asked them about it they would ask you to "please understand".
---
Stop. Posting. On the Wii Board. You're really this close away from a Suspension. - CyricZ
#4heartlesshero17Posted 8/18/2014 5:23:37 PM
I'm actually curious to see what the counter argument for this will be
---
"Traditional fish sex"
-Bill Nye
#5demesjos2Posted 8/18/2014 5:38:18 PM
heartlesshero17 posted...

Same some one is going to try and spin it
#6plasmatic5Posted 8/18/2014 5:38:22 PM

They don't want to interrupt the game experience. It's not a bad argument, but it's not a good one.
---
The problem with trolls is that you can't logic with them. The same goes for idiots.
#7heartlesshero17Posted 8/18/2014 5:52:49 PM
plasmatic5 posted...

They don't want to interrupt the game experience. It's not a bad argument, but it's not a good one.

Yeah this is the argument I was kinda expecting but I figured someone could come up with something else
---
"Traditional fish sex"
-Bill Nye
#8InsertCoin2PlayPosted 8/18/2014 6:06:03 PM
They could easily put an option to disable in-game notifications to "preserve the gaming experience."
#9Rasputin77Posted 8/18/2014 8:18:50 PM
plasmatic5 posted...

Right. Sounds a little like the "we didn't include online multiplayer because we know local multiplayer is the best!" excuse.

Out of touch.
---
"GameFAQs users who live with their parents = ~50%" Best POTD ever... explains so much.
Irony: http://postimg.org/image/a2yrtprql/
#10NovaLevossidaPosted 8/18/2014 8:20:23 PM
InsertCoin2Play posted...
They could easily put an option to disable in-game notifications to "preserve the gaming experience."

Yeah, I used that for disabling certain things on my last gen consoles.
---
The HUD...
...placed conveniently on the Wii U gamepad. - TreeFall Studios on The Letter