Wii-U Pro Controller

#1GodRebornPosted 8/18/2014 4:44:09 PM
hello. how is the Wii-U Pro Controller? is it a good investment? also, how does it charge? through usb? or, can u charge using the gamepad's charging station? thanks!
#2Dugger1981Posted 8/18/2014 4:47:37 PM
The Pro controller comes with a USB cable so that you may plug it into the Wii U's USB ports. On a full charge, the controller has 80 hours of battery life.

I do not recall if it can charge into the Gamepad's charge station. Charging it as it's plugged into the Wii U, you will find yourself charging the controller for about four and a half hours at most. The Wii U must be ON while you are charging your controller in the Wii U (it would be prudent to disable the automatic shutdown of the Wii U).
#3heartlesshero17Posted 8/18/2014 4:48:15 PM
Hiya. I think its a great investment. The analog placements is similar to the gamepad(above the buttons) so I was not so used to it at first, but that just took awhile to get used to. Overall its pretty great and comfortable. With an incredibly long battery life as well. 60+ hours I recall.

I don't think it can use the gamepads charger though.
---
"Traditional fish sex"
-Bill Nye
#4SerpenttinePosted 8/18/2014 4:49:03 PM
Its a must have.
---
3DS FC: 0189-9480-3816
#5InsertCoin2PlayPosted 8/18/2014 4:51:30 PM
It's a good investment if most, if not all, of the games you play support it. Feels good in hand. Charges via mini USB cable (not to be confused with micro USB). i wish it had analog triggers and just a bit more weight to it. Glad it has rumble. The battery seems to last a long time, but I'm not sure the exact hours. I've only charged it a handful of times.
#6heartlesshero17Posted 8/18/2014 4:55:47 PM
InsertCoin2Play posted...
It's a good investment if most, if not all, of the games you play support it. Feels good in hand. Charges via mini USB cable (not to be confused with micro USB). i wish it had analog triggers and just a bit more weight to it. Glad it has rumble. The battery seems to last a long time, but I'm not sure the exact hours. I've only charged it a handful of times.

I never found the lack of weight a problem, just odd. Like I dunno looks like it should be heavier but feels like a piece of paper. Similar thoughts with the gamepad actually
---
"Traditional fish sex"
-Bill Nye
#7InsertCoin2PlayPosted 8/18/2014 5:02:49 PM
heartlesshero17 posted...
InsertCoin2Play posted...

I never found the lack of weight a problem, just odd. Like I dunno looks like it should be heavier but feels like a piece of paper. Similar thoughts with the gamepad actually

Yeah. It's not really a problem. As you said, it looks like it should be heavier, so it would be nice if it felt how it looked.
#8HeracylostPosted 8/18/2014 5:07:29 PM
Love Pro controller, best thing on the U.
#9Dugger1981Posted 8/18/2014 5:09:04 PM
I prefer the Gamepad for Wind Waker HD; however, I consider the Pro controller to be a must-have for other Wii U games.
#10TheZuperHeroPosted 8/18/2014 5:13:20 PM
I love the Pro Controller - I have three. One of the best controllers I've ever used and the battery life is outstanding.
---
Currently Playing: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, NES Remix, Etrian Odyssey IV
3DS FC: 4167-4549-4028 NNID: TotalJakeout