Did Nintendo waste a HD remake on Wind Waker?

#1Megamushroom666Posted 8/18/2014 9:42:00 PM
Did Nintendo waste a HD remake on Wind Waker? - Results (321 votes)
Yes, they should've remade another game instead
23.99% (77 votes)
No, Wind Waker deserved it
76.01% (244 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Which game would've been better? Eternal Darkness, Metroid Prime Trilogy or Super Mario Sunshine. Sunshine could use HD 60fps, that game is choppy to play right now.
---
'Deep into that darkness peering...'
Snackeroo.com
#2IokuaPosted 8/18/2014 9:45:46 PM
You can't "waste" an HD remake, that's not how it works, it's not how any of this works.
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.
#3Neonwarrior1243Posted 8/18/2014 9:45:49 PM
I think it deserved it, it's my favorite Zelda game(along with 4 Swords for it's co-op) I liked exploring the sea and islands I found in it.
#4ToozinPosted 8/18/2014 9:46:12 PM
Because they only have a limited number of HD remakes they can make, right? 5 remakes and then that's it forever, something like that?
---
http://www.gamelogs.org/gamelog/Toozin.html
#5mario6464646464Posted 8/18/2014 9:48:54 PM
super mario sunshine choppy?!
#6Megamushroom666(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2014 9:53:21 PM
Hey hey, I just meant it takes resources to redo a game in HD and maybe they should've done something else.

I'd rather have Eternal Darkness for example cause it has a more realistic and epic feel than Sunshine. And it would create more fans.
---
Snackeroo.com
#7Megamushroom666(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2014 9:54:55 PM
mario6464646464 posted...
super mario sunshine choppy?!

After Galaxy, it feels wrong if Mario isn't 60fps. Like we in N64 days.
---
Snackeroo.com
#8RiaanYsterPosted 8/18/2014 9:58:07 PM
Megamushroom666 posted...
Which game would've been better? Eternal Darkness, Metroid Prime Trilogy or Super Mario Sunshine. Sunshine could use HD 60fps, that game is choppy to play right now.

WWHD is awesome, had great sales, and was really well received. That suggestion is just silly.
#9DirtcruncherPosted 8/18/2014 10:09:01 PM
I know what TC is saying. I just beat WW on the GC and I could not get over how amazing it looked; its style and execution are so perfect that I'd say it is the DEFINITIVE game from that generation -- in terms of timeless appearance -- that it would never need an upgrade. It's the perfect case of graphical limitations being completely unnoticeable because of the brilliant execution, presentation, and style.

Really the biggest thing the HD version gained is the swift sail, which was intended for the GC but excluded due to hardware limitations. I think THAT is a great justification for its HD remake and that's why I'm perfectly okay with their choice to remake it. But if not for that, it'd feel like a wasted effort. I won't get it either way because I'm wholly content with the GC game. That's not Nintendo's fault, hell it's more of a credit to them -- still playing it a decade later :)
---
Flash like lightning, burn like straw
Learned to live that night like a true outlaw
#10TerraPhantomPosted 8/18/2014 10:45:25 PM
Of Zelda games, TP would have had a much bigger impact, but it also would have been tougher to make. In fact, pretty much any game would have been tougher to make. WW already scaled really nicely to HD, so all Nintendo really had to do was mess with the lighting a bit