According to Ubisoft, Wii U owners don't want mature games. Do you agree?

#1AstralFrostPosted 8/19/2014 2:44:19 AM(edited)
According to Ubisoft, Wii U owners don't want mature games. Do you agree? - Results (197 votes)
Ubisoft is correct, Wii U owners don't want mature games
44.67% (88 votes)
Ubisoft is wrong, Wii U owners want mature games
55.33% (109 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Better get used to Just Dance, because Ubisoft seems to have decided that Wii U owners don't want mature games.

They've also said Assassin's Creed sold poorly on the Wii U. Since the Wii U Assassin's Creed games were decently done, guess we can throw away this myth about poor optimisation being the reason for multiplats not selling.

Thoughts?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-08-19-ubisoft-watch-dogs-is-the-last-mature-game-planned-for-wii-u

Watch Dogs will be Ubisoft's final mature Wii U game for the foreseeable future, company boss Yves Guillemot has said.

As Wii U continues to struggle in the sales department, the upcoming Wii U port still lacks a firm release date, months after Watch Dogs arrived for other platforms. And, when it does finally arrive, it will herald the end of Ubisoft's ambitions to release mature-rated games on the platform.

"[Watch Dogs] is coming to Wii U... It will be the only mature game we publish on it," Guillemot told Game Informer. "What we see is that Nintendo customers don't buy Assassin's Creed. Last year, we sold in very small numbers.

"They are very interested in Just Dance, very interested by other kinds of games. So what we are trying to do is to focus more on the types of games they are interested in."

Ubisoft has arguably been Nintendo's strongest third-party ally during this console generation.

The publisher has worked on a number of mature-rated titles for Wii U since the console's launch in November 2012, including Assassin's Creed 3, Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag, Splinter Cell: Blacklist and the exclusive ZombiU.

Ubisoft has also supported Wii U with a multitude of family-friendly games, including four iterations of its Just Dance series, Rabbids Land, Your Shape, Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth and the excellent Rayman Legends.

But Wii U software sales only accounted for three per cent of Ubisoft's total for the last financial year - down from four per cent the year before.

Apart from Watch Dogs, Ubisoft's only other upcoming Wii U title is Just Dance 2014, which will launch in October. No 2015 titles for Wii U have yet been announced.

---
Man at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Iwata committed sudoku on himself
#2Flare7Posted 8/19/2014 2:44:54 AM
This is the fifth topic on the first page about this. Who gives a s*** about Ubisoft
---
Currently playing: Wind Waker HD
#3DeathSoul2000Posted 8/19/2014 2:44:59 AM
l already posted this, why don't you piss off and come up with a topic of your own instead of stealing others.
#4PannerPosted 8/19/2014 2:50:58 AM
We want DECENT mature titles. Who wants crap like Assassins Creed? Splinter Cell Blacklist on the WiiU was fantastic and i personally would want another.

ZombiU was brilliant, but had flaws which i think could be fixed in a sequel.
---
My Youtube vids
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL5BZ91u4U3n8m9L_wykcsw/feed?activity_view=3
#5JackalPosted 8/19/2014 2:55:40 AM
When I see people around here hoping for a new Pokemon, I have to take Ubisoft's side on this.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz
#6AvirosbPosted 8/19/2014 2:57:16 AM
According to me, Ubisoft don't make them \=]
---
Console wars are like pissing contests. So yeah.
#7_Luiginator_Posted 8/19/2014 3:09:26 AM
tbh it never even occurred to me to get AC4 on the Wii U, even though I didn't have my PS4 at the time

Like I seriously never even thought "Hey, I wonder if the Wii U version might be better than the 360 one" or even "I wonder if there's a Wii U version". I just went straight for the 360 version out of habit.

I've gotten so used to Nintendo not getting multiplats that I don't even bother looking for them anymore.
#8Xynaxus64Posted 8/19/2014 4:58:26 AM
That doesn't bother me. I only care about the Rayman games anyways.
---
Metroid = Rayman > All
Rayman is in Smash!
#9GenjiRedPosted 8/19/2014 5:47:23 AM
I'd rather companies spend more time trying to make good games than trying to make a violent game just to be violent. I mean kids love violence, mature folks love good games, so hopefully companies will take this advise which I'm sure they won't.
---
If you believe in Pikachu, have accepted him as a cute lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#10FayeLadyPosted 8/19/2014 5:51:16 AM
I don't think it applies to all Wii U owners, just many Wii only owners. At the end of the day the situation is the same, and M games tend not to do very well on the platform because they simply aren't appealing to the user base or they are being bought on a console that does the game more justice.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.