Ubisoft thinks the WiiU is not mature

#1xMarcitus04xPosted 8/19/2014 5:17:16 AM
http://www.gonintendo.com/s/235441-ubisoft-says-wii-u-owners-don-t-buy-assassin-s-creed-watch-dogs-still-on-its-way

They don't help the WiiU with what they are doing.

What is my WiiU now? A console just for Nintendo IPs and kids/casual crap?
I'am really angry about whats going on right now. Maybe they should ask themself why Assassins Crap didn't sell. Of course people grab the other version if theres a PS4 around. Not that i'am a big fan of ubisoft games but they are the second now after EA (Not that i'am a fan of their games either).

But if they would have done unique and exclusive games for the WiiU i'am sure there would be some win-win situation. Of course, if they are lazy and put out the same game for a weaker console it will not sell.

PS: Sorry my bad english, i'am not native.
#2RobJ24Posted 8/19/2014 5:22:29 AM
Just more proof that third parties are evil, arrogant, and garbage.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/69608889
---
This is RobJ23 on a new account.
Video games can be mentally dangerous for some people, so video game licenses should be required to play video games.
#3PS4WarriorPosted 8/19/2014 5:26:15 AM
By the way 3rd party games are selling on the Wii U, Ubisoft seems to be right. ZombiU.
#4schlanzPosted 8/19/2014 5:31:56 AM
A console just for Nintendo IPs

I'm actually mostly okay with that.
---
Top 10 2013: Dragon's Crown, Spelunky, Rogue Legacy, Tomb Raider, NiNo Kuni, Fire Emblem, Bioshock Infinite, Rayman Legends, Link Between Worlds, The Last of Us
#5mrpants_againPosted 8/19/2014 5:35:56 AM
schlanz posted...
A console just for Nintendo IPs

I'm actually mostly okay with that.

---
This Is What We Do! This is Who We Are!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YviYufXRw0g
#6FayeLadyPosted 8/19/2014 5:41:05 AM
Ubisoft alone has sales numbers for the only mature game exclusive for the Wii U, so I have no problem deferring to their reasoning on the matter. Its not as if they didn't put their money where their mouth is, as would be the case with any other company making this statement.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#7xMarcitus04x(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2014 5:52:20 AM
One of the comments from the news site has it right:

"3rd parties still surprised that their rushed gimped ports don't sell? I really should be surprised by this assuming these were intelligent people, but I'm not. Why would people buy ports that run worse than games on weaker systems and inexplicably missing features and DLC content? Or when games are delayed until months after other systems, but when it comes to other systems the Nintendo version gets delayed for months to coincide with the release date. Or, skipping Nintendo systems on previous installments so nobody knows anything about or cares about the franchise, then come out with the third game and expect it to sell millions...

Just Dance barely outsold Assassins Creed on Wii U, why does it seem to them all we care about is Just Dance? Not to mention Just Dance doesn't sell well on X-Box One but they get ports. Rayman sold bad on X-Box although they specially delayed the game for months to cater to them, then it gets ported to X-Bone, because that's an excellent idea. Zombi U sold almost as well as Assassins Creed 4 on X-Bone, but it doesn't warrant a sequel while AC does on X-Box."
#8lambchipsPosted 8/19/2014 6:00:34 AM(edited)
Im kinda of glad ubisoft isnt wasting their time making games on the wiiu because honestly even if they were noone would buy it anyway (when this happens we will hear even more complaining)
^ I would prefer developers didnt waste their time making games a console they know it wouldnt sell and spend the time to make games for systems they know it will sell on (PC)
---
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green
#9xMarcitus04x(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2014 6:04:57 AM
lambchips posted...
Im kinda of glad ubisoft isnt wasting their time making games on the wiiu because honestly even if they were noone would buy it anyway (when this happens we will hear even more complaining)
^ I would prefer developers didnt waste their time making games a console they know it wouldnt sell and spend the time to make games for systems they know it will sell on (PC)

Thats a strange view. How about using the advantages of the WiiU like the gamepad and develop unique version of games exlusively? Games like this would sell. I'am sure. But the industry is all about "we doing one game and putting it out on as many systems its possible". There is no individuality, no uniqueness anymore. Sure, i get it: developing a game is much work and cost much money. But thats no excuse. The WiiU is a system that offers the chance for great gaming experience experiments. But nobody in the industry want to grab it. Those a**holes.
#10PigfartsPosted 8/19/2014 6:09:35 AM
xMarcitus04x posted...
lambchips posted...

Thats a strange view. How about using the advantages of the WiiU like the gamepad and develop unique version of games exlusively? Games like this would sell. I'am sure. But the industry is all about "we doing one game and putting it out on as many systems its possible". There is no individuality, no uniqueness anymore. Sure, i get it: developing a game is much work and cost much money. But thats no excuse. The WiiU is a system that offers the chance for great gaming experience experiments. But nobody in the industry want to grab it. Those a**holes.

Yes like ZombieU, oh wait ubi lost money on that one which was an exclusive. Ubi is right, people have been saying it for years on this board, and it shows in sales.

You idea is to waste more money for something that just will not sell on the Wii u. Nintendo doesn;t help the image either with all their Mii crap which is geared towards kids.

And yes i know there are adults that like Mii and Mario, but the average adult gamer does not. They want variety, adult theme sports games etc. They dont want a library full of kid games and cartoon characters.
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.