You know, I'd support third parties if they actually put games on the Wii U.

#61SSJ4CHRISPosted 8/20/2014 5:14:02 PM
Demon_Acker posted...
I always buy plenty of 3rd party games for Nintendo consoles, and always will. But if they think that low-profile 3rd party games, with hardly any marketing or hype will sell, then they're wrong.

The Wii U has hardly any marketing or hype, so why should 3rd party devs put more of an effort for Nintendo's console than Nintendo does?
---
The Internet allows us to make more mistakes faster than any invention in history. With the possible exceptions of Handguns and Tequila!
#62ElectricMolePosted 8/20/2014 5:16:03 PM
NintendoLover25 posted...
Zombie U was exclusive and it didn't meet expectations from Ubisoft.

Leading up to the recent news
---
NinNetID: ElectricMole, 3DS: 2406-6466-8802
http://psnprofiles.com/kronekodow7188, Live:RichiJihen
#63KAMMYqueenPosted 8/20/2014 5:25:54 PM
tc you are just one in a very small amount who would. Can't blame 3rd parties for wanting to make money
---
It's times for a Revolution, my kids KAMMY KOOPA should be in Super Smash Bros 4.
#64Relias27Posted 8/21/2014 8:40:13 AM
I guess I am a rarity too, I have 15 retail games on my U, only 3 are actually first party, and I have yet to pick up all the first and third party games I want to. (Razors Edge I guess is second party)

But back on topic, I think since the N64 era, that third parties have more or less not really wanted to release their games on a Nintendo platform, think about all the hatred the Wii got, heck even the Gamecube, and yet they got games from third parties, solely because A. The Gamecube was close enough in sales for second place that it justified the attempt, and B. The Wii was a huge hit, so third parties would look somewhat dumb, from a business stand point to not put something on the system, there was a few exceptions to this rule, but actually, that about summarizes it up.

Third parties also forgot two important things concerning the U.

A. More than likely the first people to adopt the system would be Nintendo fans mainly, with a few gamers in general tossed in.

B. Nintendo fans may buy a few Non Nintendo games if they are interested, but are not going to buy something they are not interested in, and the gamers in general, most likely had a PS3 or 360 to tide them over until the next generation actually began, and that they are most likely not going to buy a version of games that they have owned for month's on a new system.

Someone earlier pointed out the PS3 got some lazy early ports too, and they still sold well enough that third parties didn't dump them, but you have to remember, Sony people had nothing else to play, and the fact is, Sony(as well as Microsoft) fans know that the survival of their system is mainly going to come from third parties so they need more support there(rather they like it or not) Nintendo, not so much, not saying third parties are not important, but when it comes crashing down who does Nintendo depend on to bail them out? Give you a hint, it's not EA, or Rockstar. It's themselves, and when it does come crashing down, Nintendo puts some of the best games to hit store shelves out, that third parties can't, or won't compete with.

You also have to remember PS3 had a lot more advertisements, and actually help from third party companies, that Nintendo does not always get(Give credit to Square Enix, while it's true that they released a remake of a game, they at least put a video out advertising the huge difference of the Wii U version, then again we could make the argument, yeah but the U version was the only one selling at almost full retail so they needed to, but the point is, at least they tried. ) Everyone is so busy trying to sell the PS4 or One Version of a game, the U most generally get's forgotten.
#65BaronVladzPosted 8/21/2014 8:55:56 AM
How this board (particularly Yeti/Squatch) makes Wii U owners seem in terms of buying third party games

http://i.imgur.com/yrTaldM.png
#66QuestionmarktariusPosted 8/21/2014 9:19:22 AM
Gamespoht posted...
Questionmarktarius posted...
Warner seems to be supporting WiiU fairly well. It's gotten all the recent Lego games but one, and even an exclusive.

Yet there's no MK X, Arkham Knight, or even the rumoured Injustice 2 being considered for Wii U.

Because Warner is aware the audience for those is obsessed with polycounts, shaders, bloom, and all the other "realism" effects that'll just end up looking tired and dated in about five years anyway.

Meanwhile, the PS2 Lego games still look great.
#67ManinstagnatePosted 8/21/2014 10:04:51 AM
Nintendo is horrible at marketing any other games except their own they didn't include the wonderful 101 in there E3 12 presentation when they announced their WiiU launch lineup and upcoming releases. Also the new Fatal Frame which was announced recently is suppose to be released next month with no hype except a single trailer. Why would you support a company when they refuse to advertise your game?
#68BaronVladzPosted 8/21/2014 10:08:05 AM
Maninstagnate posted...
Nintendo is horrible at marketing any other games except their own they didn't include the wonderful 101 in there E3 12 presentation when they announced their WiiU launch lineup and upcoming releases. Also the new Fatal Frame which was announced recently is suppose to be released next month with no hype except a single trailer. Why would you support a company when they refuse to advertise your game?

I believe there's a movie to go along with the game in Japan.
#69Granadico_Posted 8/21/2014 10:17:30 AM
BaronVladz posted...
Maninstagnate posted...

I believe there's a movie to go along with the game in Japan.

They talked about it being released overseas too i think.
Nintendo doesn't really think they should help 3rd parties, that selling their game is their problem (unless they publish it and/or co-develop it). That's why they go to Sony/MS, they entirely depend on 3rd parties and help them out at every turn because of that. Most of Sony/MS's E3 conferences was 3rd party (and even multiplats), while Nintendo could fill an entire Direct and showfloor with like 90% their own games.