Were WiiU fans N64 fans also?

#21SSJ4CHRISPosted 8/19/2014 4:31:35 PM
I'm not a Wii U fan, and I love the N64. Mario Kart 64 and Paper Mario are a couple of my favorite games. Cruzin' USA/World got me liking racing games again. And Starfox.
---
The Internet allows us to make more mistakes faster than any invention in history. With the possible exceptions of Handguns and Tequila!
#22deathwave21Posted 8/19/2014 5:20:19 PM
I chose PS over N64. Not to say N64 didn't have good games, just none of them aged well at all.
---
Do you want to go to college for free? Go Marines!
#23vermilion99(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2014 5:24:36 PM
deathwave21 posted...
I chose PS over N64. Not to say N64 didn't have good games, just none of them aged well at all.

The best N64 games aged much better than the PS library.
#24HeracylostPosted 8/19/2014 5:32:13 PM
64 was a horrible pile of puke with a handful of good games. Start of Nintendos decline.

PS1 has an extensive library of excellent games, to play things like Parasite Eve, Castlevania SOTN, FF games before they turned to crap.
I don't even have a 64 anymore, got 3 Ps1 and over 60 games tho.
#25vermilion99(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2014 5:36:38 PM
Heracylost posted...
64 was a horrible pile of puke with a handful of good games. Start of Nintendos decline.

PS1 has an extensive library of excellent games, to play things like Parasite Eve, Castlevania SOTN, FF games before they turned to crap.

Meh. Ocarina of Time, Mario 64, and Goldeneye had a much bigger influence on modern gaming than anything on the PS.
#26HeracylostPosted 8/19/2014 5:41:53 PM
vermilion99 posted...
Heracylost posted...

Meh. Ocarina of Time, Mario 64, and Goldeneye had a much bigger influence on modern gaming than anything on the PS.

I don't think so, hearken back to PC then we'll talk influence on modern gaming. 64 is a footnote on how not to make a system.
#27WereshovelPosted 8/19/2014 5:48:32 PM
n64 was even better than wii u
---
Please understand.
#28Krambo42Posted 8/19/2014 8:13:40 PM
Eh, I had an N64, and I had a bunch of games for it and I played it quite a bit, but I never really liked it much. It was pretty nice being able to play 4 player games, but I never really thought most of them were much fun. Ocarina of Time and Shadows of the Empire are the only N64 games I can truly say I loved. I really thought the N64 was a HUGE disappointment after the NES and SNES.
#29suprsoliderPosted 8/20/2014 7:15:39 AM
Online was the natural progression after the N64. People complain about FPSs taking no skill and not being fun these days. It would have been like saying Goldeneye isn't that fun or doesn't take skill because you refused to play the multiplayer against real life opponents.

Um, Goldeneye isn't that great because it's James Bond. James Bond sucks in my opinion so thus the game sucks.

Also it takes no real skill to play a FPS game, and if I played multiplayer I would own everyone all the time with my gaming skills so it would be a total waste of my time.
---
"If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch"
#30vermilion99(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2014 7:16:54 AM
suprsolider posted...
Online was the natural progression after the N64. People complain about FPSs taking no skill and not being fun these days. It would have been like saying Goldeneye isn't that fun or doesn't take skill because you refused to play the multiplayer against real life opponents.

Um, Goldeneye isn't that great because it's James Bond. James Bond sucks in my opinion so thus the game sucks.

Also it takes no real skill to play a FPS game, and if I played multiplayer I would own everyone all the time with my gaming skills so it would be a total waste of my time.

Ok