If Nintendo decides to tribute Robin Williams in the next Zelda...

#11AceMosPosted 8/19/2014 3:40:01 PM
GeorgeSearsR4S posted...
It's not that I'm disrespectfull to Robin Williams. I was heartbroken when I heard the news. But it's not Nintendo's thing to associate with suicide you know. If he died of Parkinson which he apparently had then it would be a whole other situation. Suicide is very negative.

suicide is a illness

and japan has a verry high suicide rate to so uh why would nintendo not associate with it?
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#12Valandil75Posted 8/19/2014 3:44:30 PM
I think a grave marker in the game somewhere would not be too bad of an idea, let Zelda Williams design it and there you go...
#13EndgamePosted 8/19/2014 4:07:56 PM
But it's not Nintendo's thing to associate with suicide

got a few names for you:

Bob-omb
Geodude
Graveler
Voltorb
Electrode
Koffing
Pineco
Bombchu
Garo (Majora's Mask) "To die without leaving a corpse... That is the way of us Garo."

characters that are heavily, if not, entirely based around suicidal explosions (Bob-ombs exist only to explode themselves for ****'s sake!)

and there's a few characters that willingly commit less explosive means suicide in Nintendo games as well (Fire Emblem has most of it, of course, even if unintentional in the form of Devil weapons)

suicide is pretty common in Nintendo's games (mainly as a form of attack)

the fact that Williams killed himself isn't something that would or should keep them from honoring him
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#14Pink_a_DinkPosted 8/19/2014 4:35:02 PM
Honestly, at this point, anything Nintendo does for Robin Williams is going to be fan service. Not a tribute. Having to sign petitions and beg Nintendo to do it is only going to make them do it for their fans. Isn't that the opposite of what you guys are trying to accomplish?
---
Without exaggeration, I can honestly say this is the best thing I've played this whole year, and its only a demo!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B7rgDikl0k
#15pigwarts5everPosted 8/19/2014 4:40:40 PM
I don't think that Nintendo needs to do anything and they weren't to do anything it wouldn't be a bad thing but I would think it would be neat to have something.
#16toadfan64Posted 8/19/2014 4:45:26 PM
Maybe if there's like a King of Hyrule in th next game they could make him resemble Robin Williams a bit.
---
Brawl FC - 5412-9555-6314
Also known as Toadfan64
#17GeorgeSearsR4SPosted 8/19/2014 4:46:40 PM
Honestly, at this point, anything Nintendo does for Robin Williams is going to be fan service. Not a tribute. Having to sign petitions and beg Nintendo to do it is only going to make them do it for their fans. Isn't that the opposite of what you guys are trying to accomplish?

So true