Your opinion of Ubisoft

#21SSJMarioPosted 8/19/2014 3:37:12 PM(edited)
Yeah, the $60 customer to become a $200 customer is pretty dumb. I don't even pay $60 for their games since it'll be $40 on a month or so. And there was only 1 DLC they released that was good. Blood Dragon
---
Why are you reading this?
#22Shadowbird_RHPosted 8/19/2014 3:41:01 PM(edited)
I'm closest to neutral, so that's how I voted, but my opinion of them is negative, just, not very negative.

I've never played a Ubisoft game that I felt strongly for or against, I almost never buy their games in the first place. Still, the way they handled Rayman Legends, cowing to MS's "Multi-platform games release on our consoles first, at the same time, or not at all" policy and keeping the completed Wii U version off shelves for half a year despite their employees' hard work and substantial overtime getting it done by the previously set deadline has soured my opinion of them. They should have pushed back by letting MS refuse to have the game on their consoles, and be the only ones without the game.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#23NovaLevossidaPosted 8/19/2014 3:42:47 PM
I like them. I'm looking forward to The Crew more than any other racer since Burnout Paradise.
---
The HUD...
...placed conveniently on the Wii U gamepad. - TreeFall Studios on The Letter
#24Valandil75Posted 8/19/2014 3:47:18 PM
When I heard Ubisoft was a big supporter of the Wii U a while back I was like cool... but... I wondered what games do I like of theirs? I'm not a fan of Assassin's Creed and Far Cry was just OK to me... so I don't really mind that they're not supporting the Wii U.
#25Flare7(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2014 3:50:14 PM
Yeah, I'm not a big fan of them aside from their Rayman games. The AC series is getting extremely similar to the COD series in that they keep chucking out the same game over and over. Not that it's a bad game necessarily, it's just getting old.
---
Currently playing: Wind Waker HD
#26PrincessTsukiPosted 8/19/2014 4:48:11 PM
Sexist/10
#27plasmatic5Posted 8/19/2014 5:03:22 PM
I think like most major companies, the developers are good. The managers are awful.
---
The problem with trolls is that you can't logic with them. The same goes for idiots.
#28RetsuZaiZenPosted 8/19/2014 5:07:53 PM
Assassin's Creed and Far Cry. Can't complain. I like their stuff.
---
Why do nerdsalways get caught up on the details?
http://i.imgur.com/dntQM.gif http://i.imgur.com/9gNcUGM.gif http://i.imgur.com/bH8vq3f.jpg
#29KillerKidnerPosted 8/20/2014 12:40:57 AM
I have enjoyed Ubi games for a long time now, but this has started to wane somewhat over the last year or so.
My issues with them started after Assassins Creed 2 stripped out story missions to make them DLC, and then the speed at which they were dropping the price of their games and including all of their DLC in the Classic releases. This frustrated me as I loved to play their games, but kept feeling like I was getting taken for a ride to have to pay a much higher price for the sake of maybe a couple of months.

I started then ignoring Ubi games on launch and have always been buying the reduced classic release some 10-12 months later.
Now, you don't even have to wait more than three months before most of their games hit Classic range price point, it's crazy.

My bigger concerns are more now for their future titles, and how everything appears to be geared towards online worlds and service lead gameplay. All with a gear towards taking as much money from you as possible, still for a single experience. (This is true for a lot of companies granted, but this is focusing on Ubi)

With so many companies going this way and vying for so much of our time, and then even more games than ever before getting released, I don't have the time to dedicate myself to any one game. I would like to experience a lot of different games.

Companies say they need to do this in order to maximise profits in order to cover the costs of the games as they cost so much now. But, I would be happy for a smaller game that was all just in one neat little package that I paid for, played and got everything out of it and appreciated it for what it was. Now, I would say that it's not worth me paying full price for a game because I barely get to see any of this content they spend their money developing, and I'm not likely to be buying any of their service lead games either because of it.

Again, this can be said as true for a lot of companies. It is also the main reason why I have yet to find a compelling reason to get a PS4 or X1 and am quite happy with my WiiU for the current generation so far.

All my own opinion of course. :)
---
Currently Playing: - TMHT IV: Turtles in Time - SNES, Pokemon: Leaf Green - GBA and F-Zero GX - GC
#30Mandrew257Posted 8/20/2014 12:44:49 AM
Had it not been for Rayman, I probably would've voted option 2. Assuming you're talking about modern day Ubi.
---
I'm convinced that Grandia 2's soundtrack was created by the hands of God. It's too good.
PSN/NNID: Mandrew257