3rd parties to Wii U owners: Buy our crap ports or else..

#1bigjclassicPosted 8/19/2014 2:32:51 PM
I swear this is like the best bait and switch ever. Effectively, Ubisoft and EA released poor versions of their games to the Wii U, then pulled support after those games bombed.

What does that say about western devs and publishers? Hell what does it say about the industry in general. It was very ignorant of them to think that people are going to rush out and buy the shoddy ports knowing that DLC and other things are holding back Wii U versions.

Its pathetic honestly.
---
NNID(WiiU): Ryusaki_J PSN: classicviolence
Please Read: http://insomnia.ac/commentary/the_videogame_news_racket/
#2DrumguyPosted 8/19/2014 4:00:52 PM
In those examples (EA and Ubisoft) specifically.... What ports were actually sub-par?
#3IzuZkbPosted 8/19/2014 4:02:19 PM
Right because games like Rayman Legends,ZombiU,ME3,etc. were crap ports

More like, WiiU owners refuse tobuy a game that doesn't have Mario in the title. W101,Pikmin,DKCR:TF,etc. all of these games also bombed and are first party.
#4rand0mnezPosted 8/19/2014 4:03:56 PM
IzuZkb posted...

More like, WiiU owners refuse tobuy a game that doesn't have Mario in the title. W101,Pikmin,DKCR:TF,etc. all of these games also bombed and are first party.

if i had the money i would buy every game in this post :(

(well besides pikmin i already have that)
#5retrogoodsPosted 8/19/2014 4:04:08 PM
IzuZkb posted...

Exactly. I feel bad for the non-fanboy owners who have some titles for the Wii U.
---
Look at my game collection before spouting out that I have brand loyalty to one company. http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/retrogoods/games/owned
#6SSJMarioPosted 8/19/2014 4:04:52 PM
Madden, FIFA, Mass Effect 3 were pretty bad ports. Need for Speed was really good though.

Only played AC3 and 4 from Ubisoft and they are ok. Not good, but not bad. Oh and Rayman Legends, but that was originally a Wii U game.
---
Why are you reading this?
#7jackorhoadsPosted 8/19/2014 4:07:51 PM
Ubisoft have supported the Wiiu to be fair. If they aren't making the money on the Wiiu games then I don't blame them. Development costs money, if their games aren't making that money on the system then why should they put the games on the system if they won't sell.

That being said, I still hope for Zombiu2 "insert Bono joke".
---
Please Understand.
PSN: jacksonrr & Wiiu Nintendo Network ID: SonicKidd
#8SSJMarioPosted 8/19/2014 4:11:49 PM(edited)
Ubisoft's support was fine. They actually did release games on the console, and it didn't work for them. So, Nintendo fans shouldn't be mad at them at all.
---
Why are you reading this?
#9bigjclassic(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2014 4:38:49 PM(edited)
FIFA
Madden
ME3
AC3
AC4
Rayman
Splinter Cell
Watch Dogs

All have had their fair share of controversies and all have suffered. Toss in NBA2k as well.

Simply the companies involved were all hurt by putting out these games when they were not full efforts. inb4rayman didnt suffer. Rayman was purposely delayed.

Just pointing out the facts. I own/owned all of the listed titles. Minus WDs of course

Hell MH3U did well, so did a few others.
---
NNID(WiiU): Ryusaki_J PSN: classicviolence
Please Read: http://insomnia.ac/commentary/the_videogame_news_racket/
#10KillerKidnerPosted 8/19/2014 11:27:01 PM
I will admit that my copy of Assassins Creed 3 on the WiiU crashed out multiple times while playing it through. All of the four previous ones I played on 360 never had this happen once. I will admit this came across to me as possibly being a quick port across and no real thorough checking done on this conversion.

My own opinion obviously.

I have also had no such issues with any other game I have played on my system.
---
Currently Playing: - TMHT IV: Turtles in Time - SNES, Pokemon: Leaf Green - GBA and F-Zero GX - GC