Assuming that Nintendo continues to go left when Sony and Microsoft go right...

#1Voysa_ReezunPosted 8/19/2014 3:33:45 PM
...what is the most successful "feature" that the WiiU's successor can have, do you think?

The Wii did motion controls and was a massive success, but the WiiU has been less of a success by trying to integrate a pad into the system.

I almost think that Nintendo should have found the money to buy out Oculus Rift, but Sony is doing their own VR anyway. I don't know if VR is the way to go for Nintendo.

What defining console gimmick (I use that word merely to mean that it sets the next Nintendo console apart from other consoles, not with any negative connotation) do you think is the best option for Nintendo in the next generation and why?
---
My PS4 Top 5 (so far): 1. Rayman Legends; 2. MLB The Show 14; 3. inFamous: Second Son; 4. Child of Light; 5 Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
#2deathwave21Posted 8/19/2014 3:39:07 PM(edited)
Nintendo will have next gen all to themselves, so I'd say just solid gaming would be on the forefront
---
Do you want to go to college for free? Go Marines!
#3yeti44Posted 8/19/2014 3:39:01 PM
A console where EVERY controller is a Wii U style gamepad. Just imagine all the gameplay possibilities when every player has their own screen.

Fusion should have more than enough to stream 1080p to the TV and 720p to 4-8
Gamepads simultaneously.
---
You went full Pony, man. Never go full Pony.
#4-StarCraftPosted 8/19/2014 4:01:31 PM(edited)
Not of popular opinion.

Kinect and VR are the future of gaming in my opinion, but the technology we have now doesn't make full use of those devices. Motion control gaming from Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft as well when the Kinect first came out were a step in the right direction in my opinion but are limited by the technology we have currently available.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo came out with a video capturing device of their own for their next home console, because that is the next logical step in the evolution of motion control gaming. Hands free gaming.

VR is the future of gaming in my opinion, but it won't be really viable for gaming for at least another 3-6 years in my opinion.
---
3DS FC: 2595-1380-9970
Ign: GHOST
#5SyCo_VeNoMPosted 8/19/2014 3:57:45 PM(edited)
-StarCraft posted...
Not of popular opinion.

Kinect and VR are the future of gaming in my opinion, but the technology we have now doesn't make full use of those devices. Motion controls from Nintendo were a step in the right direction in my opinion but were just limited by our technology at the time.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo came out with a video capturing device of their own for their next home console, because that is the next logical step in the evolution of motion control gaming. Hands free gaming.

VR is the future of gaming in my opinion, but it won't be really viable at least for another 3-6 years in my opinion.

I very much doubt kinect as not one single person I know likes the thing. Most bought it on the 360 used it for a week, and disconnected it as it was more of a nuisance then anything. I've used it, and honestly have nothing positive to say about it, but I also have nothing positive to say about the Wii controller either except that its no longer needed.

There are a couple problems with VR too now if they could somehow intercept the signals coming out of the brain to control the character, and do VR that way then yea it would probably work, but with the current input methods 90% of people don't have the room for the equipment needed for the current level of tech we go for VR.
#6iKhanicPosted 8/19/2014 3:57:29 PM
Next gen motion control. More buttons, more robust sensors, and new haptic feedback
---
"Well, they sure don't make evil immortal sorcerers like they used to." - Klarion the Witch Boy
#7Granadico_Posted 8/19/2014 4:19:36 PM
iKhanic posted...
Next gen motion control. More buttons, more robust sensors, and new haptic feedback

The Vitality Sensor they patent or whatever seemed like an awesome idea for a horror game. It'd be like Eternal Darkness but based on the actual player
#8vermilion99Posted 8/19/2014 4:21:15 PM
deathwave21 posted...
Nintendo will have next gen all to themselves, so I'd say just solid gaming would be on the forefront

To themselves?
#9NovaLevossidaPosted 8/19/2014 4:23:36 PM
The most successful feature the next console needs to have is being on par with features and services offered by the competition. When we get features the 360 / PS3 had (nevermind the PS4 / X1 at this point), I can realistically start asking for new things. But at the moment, I just want ordinary everyday things I take for granted on the other consoles to actually be on the Nintendo console.
---
The HUD...
...placed conveniently on the Wii U gamepad. - TreeFall Studios on The Letter
#10iKhanicPosted 8/19/2014 4:46:43 PM
NovaLevossida posted...
The most successful feature the next console needs to have is being on par with features and services offered by the competition. When we get features the 360 / PS3 had (nevermind the PS4 / X1 at this point), I can realistically start asking for new things. But at the moment, I just want ordinary everyday things I take for granted on the other consoles to actually be on the Nintendo console.

Nintendo needs to hire a consultant to get them up to speed with the industry.
---
"Well, they sure don't make evil immortal sorcerers like they used to." - Klarion the Witch Boy