Non-Nintendo games that feel like Nintendo games

#1TheMisterManGuyPosted 8/19/2014 6:47:13 PM
What do you think are games not made or published by Nintendo, but feel Nintendo-esque in spirit? Here's my picks....

Klonoa - An inventive gameplay mechanic with a lush, Dream-like atmosphere..... And when it needs to, it can get pretty dark.

Ratchet & Clank - This is a concept a certainly could see Nintendo doing. Blowing up giant robots with cartoonishly over-the-top weapons? Sounds like a Nintendo game to me.

Skies of Arcadia - It has the bright and whimsical tone Nintendo is known for, but with traditional JRPG combat, so I could see one of their RPG studios making it.

SSX - Personaly, this game screams Sega more than Nintendo, but it it was a unique take on the Snowboarding genre and in concept, certainly sounds like what Nintendo would do, as opposed to doing the more realistic 1080 series.
#2CMPunkCMPunkPosted 8/19/2014 6:50:32 PM
South Park: The Stick of Truth. The main reference used when they came up with the entire concept was Paper Mario, so it is natural. It's pretty much Paper South Park, so they succeeded.
---
GameFAQs Women's Wrestling Fan Crew Founder!
Support the talented women that have struggled against stereotypes and kicked ass!
#3PrincessTsukiPosted 8/19/2014 6:52:03 PM
Megaman Anything: I guess the overall serious yet cartoonish atmosphere feels very Nintendo-like. I guess being nearly exclusive to Nintendo systems helps.
#4Pink_a_DinkPosted 8/19/2014 7:04:57 PM
LittleBigPlanet. Just look at it!
---
Without exaggeration, I can honestly say this is the best thing I've played this whole year, and its only a demo!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B7rgDikl0k
#5FullMetalPanicPosted 8/19/2014 7:06:16 PM
NONE.
---
[_NNID_] PowerBerry [_3DS_] Ciel [ 2062.9168.6736 ]
Now Playing: Unepic
#6Granadico_Posted 8/19/2014 7:14:45 PM
Fusion Frenzy was awesome
Team Fortress 2
Jak and Daxter series (along with Jak X)
NFL Blitz series (it was so fun and goofy)
#7IzuZkbPosted 8/19/2014 7:18:24 PM
PrincessTsuki posted...
Megaman Anything: I guess the overall serious yet cartoonish atmosphere feels very Nintendo-like. I guess being nearly exclusive to Nintendo systems helps.

Most of the X and Legend series weren't on Nintendo platforms.
#8lambchipsPosted 8/19/2014 7:30:11 PM
Ape escape 1
That game was everything I expect from a Nintendo game (simple plot, colourful world, charming graphics, catchy soundtrack, innovate weapons and great level design)

Its a shame the others arent as good
---
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green
#9pigwarts5everPosted 8/19/2014 8:18:53 PM
TheMisterManGuy posted...
Klonoa - An inventive gameplay mechanic with a lush, Dream-like atmosphere..... And when it needs to, it can get pretty dark.

Definitely agree with this. My favorite game as a kid (still one of my favorites). Starts off so happy (kind of) but slowly gets darker and sadder. The music is amazing to. I really wish they'd made more of these.

Bring it back on Wii U
^as unlikely as that is
#10iKhanicPosted 8/19/2014 8:21:34 PM
Pink_a_Dink posted...
LittleBigPlanet. Just look at it!

Nintendo doesn't make ugly, underwhelming games.
---
"Well, they sure don't make evil immortal sorcerers like they used to." - Klarion the Witch Boy