3d Dot Game Heroes
#22Pink_a_DinkPosted 8/20/2014 6:45:05 PM
SuperNeonManGuy posted...
cris1ussen posted...
Neonwarrior1243 posted...
iKhanic posted...
Pink_a_Dink posted...
LittleBigPlanet. Just look at it!

Nintendo doesn't make ugly, underwhelming games.

You going to say the same thing about Yarn Yoshi? They have similar graphics.

Actually Yoshi's Story (N64) is very similar to LittleBigPlanet (and also Tearaway)

yoshi's story was wool, paper and denim... little big planet is just scrap...
Yoshi's story looked good , yarn yoshi looks good, tearaway looks good, littlebigplanet looks awful.

That's the point. The whole game is advertised as being able to make anything you want out of common household items. That's why when you play you see giant tin cans or beach balls, just completely random items.
---
Without exaggeration, I can honestly say this is the best thing I've played this whole year, and its only a demo!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B7rgDikl0k
#23JohnnyKoochPosted 8/20/2014 7:22:00 PM
cris1ussen posted...
iKhanic posted...
Pink_a_Dink posted...
LittleBigPlanet. Just look at it!

Actually Yoshi's Story (N64) is very similar to LittleBigPlanet (and also Tearaway)

Yoshi's story looked good , yarn yoshi looks good, tearaway looks good, littlebigplanet looks awful.

You've got to be trolling.
Or you never owned a PS3 or any LBP.
Or your opinion is just totally horrible.

LBP is a pretty sweet looking game, and that's coming from hours of experience.
Despite different art styles, it still holds over among any current Wii U game within the same genre area.
It shook a little in FPS, but overall video quality was very good.
#24iKhanicPosted 8/20/2014 7:29:45 PM
Pink_a_Dink posted...
cris1ussen posted...
iKhanic posted...

That's the point. The whole game is advertised as being able to make anything you want out of common household items. That's why when you play you see giant tin cans or beach balls, just completely random items.

That doesn't make it not ugly.
---
"Well, they sure don't make evil immortal sorcerers like they used to." - Klarion the Witch Boy
#25_SGPosted 8/21/2014 2:27:52 PM
I've not played it, but what about LocoRoco?
#26Lavos33Posted 8/21/2014 2:34:26 PM
Journey
#27Odyssey92Posted 8/21/2014 2:41:33 PM
To me the ratchet and clank lbp jak and daxter sly cooper puppeteer and tearaway
---
TKB
#28SkyminxyzPosted 8/21/2014 3:29:11 PM
Odyssey92 posted...
To me the ratchet and clank lbp jak and daxter sly cooper puppeteer and tearaway

I assumed you only mean the first "Jak & Daxter" game, seeing how soccer moms would have an epic fit if Jak 2 was on the Wii U...heck they had a fit even on the ps2 back in the day. Not to mention the some-what serious guns/devil mode would probably make Nintendo "Snake-ify" his arsenal Smash brothers style.
The rest of the list would fit right on in (though R&C would probably have it's "minor sexual references/language" removed knowing Nintendo since the Wii era, as well as blood from ToD...)

Not trying to rant, but Nintendo has been a little extra cautious w/e something might not be child-friendly these days :/ (heck even something as minor as "Candy Kong" no longer exist in the "Country Returns" series for example...) Shouldn't have to even explain what became of Luigi's Mansion...
---
"Stating your opinion on GameFaqs is a declaration of war" - anonymous.
#29TheMisterManGuy(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2014 5:08:48 PM(edited)
Skyminxyz posted...
Odyssey92 posted...

I assumed you only mean the first "Jak & Daxter" game, seeing how soccer moms would have an epic fit if Jak 2 was on the Wii U...heck they had a fit even on the ps2 back in the day. Not to mention the some-what serious guns/devil mode would probably make Nintendo "Snake-ify" his arsenal Smash brothers style.
The rest of the list would fit right on in (though R&C would probably have it's "minor sexual references/language" removed knowing Nintendo since the Wii era, as well as blood from ToD...)

What makes you think Nintendo is going to remove any of that? There have been innuendos and adult jokes in Kid Icarus: Uprising, Mario RPGs, Fire Emblem, Zelda, Star Fox, etc. for a long time.

Not trying to rant, but Nintendo has been a little extra cautious w/e something might not be child-friendly these days :/ (heck even something as minor as "Candy Kong" no longer exist in the "Country Returns" series for example...) Shouldn't have to even explain what became of Luigi's Mansion...

You sure it wasn't for other reasons? Also there's Xenoblade X, Devil's Third, Bayonetta 2, Wonderful 101, Smash, and Codename S.T.E.A.M.
#30SkyminxyzPosted 8/24/2014 6:29:12 PM
TheMisterManGuy posted...
Skyminxyz posted...
Odyssey92 posted...

What makes you think Nintendo is going to remove any of that? There have been innuendos and adult jokes in Kid Icarus: Uprising, Mario RPGs, Fire Emblem, Zelda, Star Fox, etc. for a long time.

<.< Actually they removed quite a few of them in the western released of Kid Icarus: Uprising, in fact I can only recall one from Ch.2 they was actually kept in. Well maybe some "Hot Spring" chats, but those felt more funny/jokes rather than "innuendos". Probably my fav game on the 3ds, but still doesn't excuse the fact they did make some minor censors here and their in the game which would only help my case.

...Actually wait a minute they censored a rear in Fire Emblem, which is strange because if anyone I feared would get censored I figured it'd be Anna.

You win more the Mario Rpg's/ FE/ Earthbound series however when the heck did Star Fox have any and I mean ones where you could easily misunderstand the conversation/concept? Finally the last two Zelda's at least never had any of that either, Can't say much though since I only beat the DS/OoT/WW/SS games. But played enough of ALBW.

You sure it wasn't for other reasons? Also there's Xenoblade X, Devil's Third, Bayonetta 2, Wonderful 101, Smash, and Codename S.T.E.A.M.

As a matter of fact parents actually did complain to Nintendo about "Candy Kong" and her rather "awkward services", so they not only made her "save stand" into a random dance mini-game station, but they even changed her music-background to something more..."natural" (not sure what you want to call it?) These changes you can easily see for yourself in all versions of the GBA port, not sure about the GBC version.

I'm not sure what your trying to get at by mentioning "Codename Steam/Wonderful 101" since they fit right on in with Nintendo, but its not like Nintendo actually created Devil's Third (or at least not before the "tweaks") so I don't count a game their only bringing over...because otherwise we have Ninja Gaiden Sigma for that. Smash was rated "T" pretty much everywhere except Japan yet still decided to "re-modify" Snakes weapons to be less-realistic. If it was to fit in better ascetically then fair enough, otherwise we'd have a problem. Xenoblade (Wii)/ Bayo (Wii U) do feel out of place with the "Wii era" so fine I'll admit I have seen stranger choices. However Xenoblade X is already getting labeled as "immature" on some sites due to the overabundance of mechs for some reason, I'm neutral on that regard so don't attack on that.
---
"Stating your opinion on GameFaqs is a declaration of war" - anonymous.