The GameCube had sold around 9.5 mil by this time in its life

#41fire2boxPosted 8/20/2014 7:02:51 PM
Flare7 posted...
The gamecube had a stronger launch. Give the Wii U some time to get its bearings and build up a library. And yes, it has taken way longer than it should have for this to happen.

Yeah, give the Wii U time. It's only been ::checks watch::

Almost 2 years since its been out. Give it some time.
---
Ivy bridge i5 3570k @3.40GHz | 8 GB DDR3 | single XFX 7870| OCZ 600W Modular. Nvidia, AMD, Intel for life!!
3DS FC: 2208-5221-4039
#42StarmanJunior64Posted 8/20/2014 7:09:14 PM
why does this topic exist? Why is it here? Why did it need to be made? Did its creator really think he was being original?
---
Playing: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii), Tetris DS (DS), VVVVVV (3DS), and Drakkhen (SNES)
#43_Five_Posted 8/20/2014 9:24:59 PM
The GameCube had as strong of a first year as any console ever but failed to catch on.

It still at least became a semi-successful system, being profitable, having slightly more than five years of support (plus a little more from Ubisoft and EA in 2007), and having 600+ games (a library number not seen on a Nintendo console since the SNES).
---
Four TV's, four GameCube's, and four Game Boy Player's linked together: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67OTLNWZKwo
#44ORANGE666Posted 8/20/2014 9:28:22 PM
MaouSado posted...
The GC was also "prepared for" by Nintendo and they had heavy hitters ready.

Like EVERYTHING this "gen", the Wii U was a rush job. Nintendo is still trying to give it the games it needed a year ago.

In its first year WiiU will have

2D Mario
3D Mario
Mario Kart
Smash Bros
Sports Club

What other heavy hitter does Nintendo have other than Pokemon? Zelda? It doesn't even sell much anymore.

At this point, Nintendo has all their hope behind Smash Bros
---
I am a Nintendo Fanboy and let me tell you, being a Drone is actually a great thing.
We have beautiful people and we have ugly people. just like other fanboys
#45Schwepps01Posted 8/20/2014 9:35:58 PM
ORANGE666 posted...
In its first year WiiU will have

2D Mario
3D Mario
Mario Kart
Smash Bros
Sports Club

What other heavy hitter does Nintendo have other than Pokemon? Zelda? It doesn't even sell much anymore.

At this point, Nintendo has all their hope behind Smash Bros

I'm pretty sure Nintendo is going to make another NSMB game too. Those are really their only games that are for sure sells any more. Their fanbase may not enjoy 3rd party games, but they will keep buying the same series with the same graphics and the same bland 8 worlds. I got to hand it to them, Nintendo fans really know what they like.
---
"Does that have unknown games in it?" --squatch22 inquiring if a list of announced PS4 games has unannounced games on it