So since Nintendo said it was waiting until Wii U owners are 'satisfied'

#1Beatperson14Posted 8/20/2014 1:20:05 PM
to start their next console/gen up, is the Wii U going to last for infinity?

I'm kind of ready for Nintendo to push a power-based system already you know

So can we all just agree we are satisfied with the Wii U or what
---
THY, DAMNATION, SLUMBERETH, NOT.
#2Flare7Posted 8/20/2014 1:20:54 PM
Nintrashdoomed
---
Currently playing: Uncharted 2
#3n00bsaib0tPosted 8/20/2014 1:22:02 PM
I won't be satisfied unless I get about 3 more years of life out of my WiiU. The Wii already proved its about quality, not power. It's time for WiiU to do the same. Next gen they need to do something on par with the competition, that doesn't mean they Sega this gen. Were you even alive in the 90s?
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#4Beatperson14(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2014 1:23:43 PM
n00bsaib0t posted...
I won't be satisfied unless I get about 3 more years of life out of my WiiU. The Wii already proved its about quality, not power. It's time for WiiU to do the same. Next gen they need to do something on par with the competition, that doesn't mean they Sega this gen. Were you even alive in the 90s?

What? Not sure what you're getting at

And I was alive but barely getting into stuff like the SNES and Genesis before the PSX/N64-era blew my mind
---
#5DiscostewSMPosted 8/20/2014 1:25:17 PM
Don't beat yourself up over this.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#6HeracylostPosted 8/20/2014 1:26:51 PM
Well, I ain't no where near satisfied... If they don't fix this mess real quick my U will go bye bye.

At this point I'd rather have the Xbone. That's a very horrible thing...
#7Beatperson14(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2014 1:33:10 PM(edited)
Heracylost posted...
Well, I ain't no where near satisfied... If they don't fix this mess real quick my U will go bye bye.

Oh Jesus don't say such things. You'll regret that for sure. I actually saw one attempt to be played (offline) the other day and it took almost a half an hour to get through all the OMG YOU'RE OFFLINE!! messages.

If you're gonna ditch your U at least do yourself a favor and get a PS4.

DiscostewSM posted...

Clever as always I see
---
#8n00bsaib0tPosted 8/20/2014 1:34:52 PM
Beatperson14 posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...

What? Not sure what you're getting at

And I was alive but barely getting into stuff like the SNES and Genesis before the PSX/N64-era blew my mind

Sega lost support from their fans by abandoning their consoles prematurely, leaving their loyal fans with several hundred dollars worth of unsupported hardware in the process. That's what I mean when I say Nintendo doesn't need to Sega this gen. If they abandon the WiiU after people dropped $350 at launch, $300 after the drop and $300 on NSMB and MK8 bundles recently, they will lose the support of their fan base. I know I won't rush out to go get the new one. I just bought my WiiU in February. I don't expect 5 years of support from when I bought it, but I do expect the console to see 3 more years for a total of a 5 year life span.

Nintendo can do great things if they stick to their guns this gen and go for the best games possible. Then, next gen, make a console on par with PS5/Xbox 4 that still supports WiiMotes and the Game Pad, which people will have by then already and won't increase the cost of the console. Those that don't have a game pad, well in 3 years it's only gonna cost less to make and sell separately.

A true next gen console that supports game pad, motion and standard controllers will win a lot of people back, especially when the gimmick controllers are truly optional. But they can't do that by abandoning the WiiU.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#9HeracylostPosted 8/20/2014 1:39:40 PM
Beatperson14 posted...
Heracylost posted...

Oh Jesus don't say such things. You'll regret that for sure. I actually saw one attempt to be played (offline) the other day and it took almost a half an hour to get through all the OMG YOU'RE OFFLINE!! messages.

If you're gonna ditch your U at least do yourself a favor and get a PS4.

DiscostewSM posted...

Clever as always I see

I'd never really get a Xbone. But PS4 will happen, but if they don't do something. My U, all my Wii stuff will go towards the PS4. I'm getting that aggravated.
#10DiscostewSMPosted 8/20/2014 1:50:02 PM
They gotta make the new console before they can release it. It's still a couple of years away.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project