So the new Starfox game is episodic?

#1YogaPantsLoverPosted 8/20/2014 4:13:47 PM
Why is this necessary? Why can't they just ship a complete game where you have a non-linear experience playing different levels depending on how you play the previous levels?
#2Granadico_Posted 8/20/2014 4:16:41 PM
No. Its he meant that the story mode is gonna be like an episodic TV show, where each mission will be like an episode.
#3xavierakanePosted 8/20/2014 4:19:11 PM
You are probably assuming it's going to be cut up into parts like the Walking Dead games. I took it as it is going to feel episodic like say Star Wars. It is a complete movie on it's own but they warrant a sequel.
---
NNID: xavierfranco
Link is a boy. - Biggest Shock to the World 2014
#4SonytendoPosted 8/20/2014 4:23:55 PM
I think episodic content would be a good way to go with the game. There are very few Star Fox fans and with how unlikely the game is to be any good it would be a better way of monetizing a small fanbase. The real fans pay a hundred or so to get the entire thing and some others maybe spend a few bucks on only a few chapters.
#5AceMosPosted 8/20/2014 4:24:04 PM
uh did we get news?
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#6brando67854321Posted 8/20/2014 4:26:15 PM
I'm still mad & baffled on why they make starfox wii u game instead of a f-zero wii u game granted f-zero never sold well since the snes but neither has starfox & the remake of starfox 64 sold terribly. and besides if people think f-zero should come to 3ds FIRST due to higher install base then why do people want the new starfox on wii u? And besides, the 3ds remake SHOULD HAVE been a new game.
#7SonytendoPosted 8/20/2014 4:26:42 PM
AceMos posted...
uh did we get news?

Miyamoto interview from June

...One thing Iím thinking is that with this Star Fox we may take a different approach, so that rather than one big title we have multiple releases that are connected through different missions. If I was to describe the Star Fox series up until now as being sort of a movie series, I guess Iíd describe this new approach as something thatís more like a TV series for Star Fox.
#8brando67854321Posted 8/20/2014 4:29:22 PM
Sonytendo posted...

Miyamoto interview from June

...One thing Iím thinking is that with this Star Fox we may take a different approach, so that rather than one big title we have multiple releases that are connected through different missions. If I was to describe the Star Fox series up until now as being sort of a movie series, I guess Iíd describe this new approach as something thatís more like a TV series for Star Fox.

Booooo! miyamoto you idiot! people wanted a FULL game not episodic!
#9Pink_a_DinkPosted 8/20/2014 4:30:51 PM
How on earth could they make Star Fox episodic? Games like The Walking Dead have a deep story line so separate episodes kinda works because it actually feels like you're watching a TV show. In Star Fox you're always in a space ship just shooting at things. Unless they make it so you can actually get out of the ship and the game plays like a 3rd person shooter. That'd be kinda cool.
---
Without exaggeration, I can honestly say this is the best thing I've played this whole year, and its only a demo!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B7rgDikl0k
#10Granadico_Posted 8/20/2014 4:32:10 PM
Pink_a_Dink posted...
How on earth could they make Star Fox episodic? Games like The Walking Dead have a deep story line so separate episodes kinda works because it actually feels like you're watching a TV show. In Star Fox you're always in a space ship just shooting at things. Unless they make it so you can actually get out of the ship and the game plays like a 3rd person shooter. That'd be kinda cool.

They did that exact thing for the GC Starfox game