How do you feel about third party games?

#1OMEGA RUGALPosted 8/21/2014 5:45:15 AM
How do you feel about third party games? - Results (175 votes)
I don't like third party games since I find them consistently inferior to Nintendo's so I skip them.
15.43% (27 votes)
I love third party games but I play/buy them on another system
66.29% (116 votes)
I love third party games, I do not own (and play) a PS3,360,PS4,XB1,PC
18.29% (32 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Simple poll. What is your stance on third party games in general.
---
PSN & Live & NNID: Loadedklip
Heroes need to win all the time to be remembered. Villains only need to win once
#2DeathSoul2000Posted 8/21/2014 5:51:25 AM
l like 3rd party. l play 3rd party. Just not on Nintendo systems, because why would l bother?
#3SegavsCapcomPosted 8/21/2014 5:55:20 AM
I don't see first or third party games. I just see games. I play what I want to play, regardless of party.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
3DS FC: 1306-5920-0665 _PSN: SegavsCapcom_ Steam: SegavsCapcom_NNID: SegavsCapcom
#4OMEGA RUGAL(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2014 6:03:36 AM
DeathSoul2000 posted...
l like 3rd party. l play 3rd party. Just not on Nintendo systems, because why would l bother?

My theory is that that one of the main reasons third party games don't sell on Nintendo systems is because gamers who play all games buy third party games on other systems instead.

So it's not that Nintendo gamers don't like third party games, it's more like they been trained to understand they need another system be it a primary or secondary system to play these third party games. So when a few third party games actually get released on a Nintendo system, it doesnt matter anymore since that Nintendo console owner already preordered that game for his/her playstion, x-box, or pc. That game ... and a bunch others that were not announced for Wii U.
---
PSN & Live & NNID: Loadedklip
Heroes need to win all the time to be remembered. Villains only need to win once
#5NathanmgPosted 8/21/2014 6:07:57 AM
Third party is no different than first party in terms of enjoyment potential, just as there are crap third party games you get crap first party games too (all opinions of course).

I don't limit my third party purchases to one console, although I'll potentially do that with a game series just for neatness sake, numerous factors will affect which console I go for, multiplayer functionality and cost will be the big ones and as a result I've actually bought more for the Wii U in the last 10 months (time I've had the console) than any other.
#6kukingina2Posted 8/21/2014 6:13:19 AM(edited)
I love 3rd party games, it just so happens that I always seem to buy them on another console because of better online services and more features or its just not available on the wii u

I only have 1 3rd party game on my wii u (arkham city)
---
Is Metroid's gun part of his armor or is he a cyborg like Data from Star wars?
NNID: RobertTheZombie 3ds FC: 4940 - 5506 2047 BattleNET: Robertzombie #1277
#7iKhanicPosted 8/21/2014 6:18:15 AM
The third option. Only had Nintendo, but 3rd Party games have always been an important part of the puzzle for me. Nintendo just doesn't usually miss out on 3rd party multiplats I'm all that interested in.

The Wii U is a glaring exception to this, as it misses out on almost all 3rd party multiplats.
---
"Well, they sure don't make evil immortal sorcerers like they used to." - Klarion the Witch Boy
#8iKhanicPosted 8/21/2014 6:21:17 AM
OMEGA RUGAL posted...
DeathSoul2000 posted...

My theory is that that one of the main reasons third party games don't sell on Nintendo systems is because gamers who play all games buy third party games on other systems instead.

So it's not that Nintendo gamers don't like third party games, it's more like they been trained to understand they need another system be it a primary or secondary system to play these third party games. So when a few third party games actually get released on a Nintendo system, it doesnt matter anymore since that Nintendo console owner already preordered that game for his/her playstion, x-box, or pc. That game ... and a bunch others that were not announced for Wii U.

The problem is not that these people are buying on different platforms though. The problem is that they are forced to own a different platform in the first place.

Games are made multiplat to access an install base of people who own a console exclusively. Activision doesn't care if you buy a game on Wii U or PS4. As long as you are a new buyer, they care.

So if more people JUST owned a Nintendo system, more Nintendo fans would buy 3rd Party mature games.

This is why you see games like Sonic and Rayman do just fine on Nintendo systems, because the people who DO own Nintendo systems exclusively are mostly younger kids and females.
---
"Well, they sure don't make evil immortal sorcerers like they used to." - Klarion the Witch Boy
#9xoftheuniversePosted 8/21/2014 6:42:26 AM
I like third party games and I only own Nintendo systems (and have been this way since the 80s) so for me their attitude is disgusting. Back on my Gamecube I have 90 games and there are a LOT of third party games in there. Suggesting Nintendo fans don't like third party games just because some games they have put on the console haven't sold well, when there were OBVIOUS ISSUES with them, is moronic. I am a minority most people own multiple systems and don't need to tolerate this garbage. Not a single Nintendo console owner will NEVER buy a third party game. We buy quality games for our systems regardless of who makes them. I already pre-ordered Bayonetta 2, and I intend to get Sonic Boom for the WiiU as I was amused by the dialog in the trailers but I don't expect it to be that great, and I already own Batman AC AE, MH3U, Sonic Lost World, I only own 9 WiiU games... 1/3 of them are third party and if they actually tried and released more of them I bet that number would be higher.
---
The following terms are used by the people they describe: fanboy, noob, scrub, kiddy.
My gaming videos => http://www.youtube.com/user/xoftheuniverse
#10aliashubbatchPosted 8/21/2014 6:44:37 AM
Depends on the IP.
Mega Man? Hell yeah.
Rayman? Lame.
---
Wanna get into the Smash Bros roster as a clone? Have lady parts so you get legions of white knights defending your inclusion... unless you're Daisy or Krystal.