Should nintendo start paying exclusive indie games like Sony?

#1Snow-DustPosted 8/21/2014 3:49:32 PM
I can see why Sony would do it especially you can't get anymore exclusive 3rd party game anymore, at most is timed exclusive.

But let's be honest here who would buy a console just for an indie game. I for one think Sony should put it into something more useful like on their exclusive instead.
#2R_HunterPosted 8/21/2014 3:53:26 PM
If it's a GOOD indie, I would.
---
NNID: EclipseHunter 3DS FC: 1719-4517-0303
Proud Bear Warrior of KHX(Chi)!
#3AstralFrostPosted 8/21/2014 3:57:22 PM
Nintendo really needs to start paying for games because developers aren't going to come voluntarily.

They shouldn't be paying for indies though, they should be scoring big name titles. Why not shell out some of that apparently bottomless bank account for some more exclusive third party games like ZombiU and Wonderful 101? Big sellers like those are sure to be a hit.
---
Man at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Iwata committed sudoku on himself
#4ZenithianHeroPosted 8/21/2014 4:01:47 PM
I don't think indie is even a problem with Nintendo?
But I would like to see Nintendo moneyhatting more retail titles. But you guys gotta buy Bayonetta 2 and Devil's Third to help them rescue more titles.
---
My blog | http://zenithianhero.tumblr.com/
Bring SEGA games to the West | http://www.segalization.com/
#5R_HunterPosted 8/21/2014 4:09:23 PM
ZenithianHero posted...
I don't think indie is even a problem with Nintendo?
But I would like to see Nintendo moneyhatting more retail titles. But you guys gotta buy Bayonetta 2 and Devil's Third to help them rescue more titles.

Hey, i'll do my part.
---
NNID: EclipseHunter 3DS FC: 1719-4517-0303
I claim my time is valuable. I visit GF daily. Apparently I was mistaken.
#6ToozinPosted 8/21/2014 4:38:36 PM
I'm going to buy Bayonetta 2, but because it looks great and I loved the first. I'm not going to buy Devil's Third unless it turns out to be significantly better than it looks so far. I like Nintendo but I'm not shelling out cash for a game I don't want just to support them. They are a business and they need to earn my money by delivering products I want. I am not a business loan.
---
http://www.gamelogs.org/gamelog/Toozin.html
#7Ryan SiPosted 8/21/2014 4:44:44 PM
They all come to Steam eventually...at a fraction of the price and are more likely to be compatible with future operating systems (or consoles..in Sony or Nintendo's case). Not worth it imo.
#8JackalPosted 8/21/2014 4:44:58 PM
What happened with that whole indiefest thing that they had going on? Was that around E3?
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz
#9iKhanicPosted 8/21/2014 4:47:22 PM
Yes. that's not even a question.

If I were Nintendo, I'd have snatched up exclusivity on A Hat in Time.
---
"Well, they sure don't make evil immortal sorcerers like they used to." - Klarion the Witch Boy
#10plasmatic5Posted 8/21/2014 5:15:45 PM
Indies naturally flock to the Wii U. That's not the scene in which they are lacking, nor has it ever really been a major scene that compels people to get systems. Now, if they went the Microsoft/Sony route and started paying for exclusives/timed-exclusives, sure. Although, I would rather just see Nintendo invest in Capcom as a whole, kind of like what Sony did with Square ages ago.
---
The problem with trolls is that you can't logic with them. The same goes for idiots.