Don't bet against Nintendo, says Gamestop

#41Granadico_Posted 8/21/2014 9:31:54 PM
Wouldn't they not shove them into the tiniest corner they can if they believed that?
#42SSJ4CHRISPosted 8/22/2014 5:20:28 PM
Wii_Truth posted...
What's this, Gamestop saying positive things about Wii U and maybe planning to promote it?

Does. Not. Compute.

When did GameStop ever say anything bad about the Wii U? And they always promote games and consoles. How do you think they make money? Just because they don't have much to work with concerning the Wii U doesn't mean they don't promote it when they can. What recent games have come to the Wii U that GameStop can promote? What preorders or bundles or deals?
---
The Internet allows us to make more mistakes faster than any invention in history. With the possible exceptions of Handguns and Tequila!
#43Muddy_ApePosted 8/25/2014 7:30:12 PM
GameStop is awesome.
---
NNID/PSN: GDoobah
http://i.imgur.com/6qxWz.jpg http://i.imgur.com/ieXdMWv.jpg
#44NemerlightPosted 8/26/2014 2:48:09 AM
SegavsCapcom posted...
PS4Warrior posted...
I thought you guys hated that store, Flip Flops!

Most people on this site don't like GameStop.

You're trying too hard to expose supposed double standards.

To be fair people here hate most things in general.
---
Miami Heat not champions of 2014.
http://i.imgur.com/m52Q7Rt.gif
#45GeorgeSearsR4SPosted 8/26/2014 3:52:25 AM
Not to be hatefull to Nintendo but Ive bought every console since 1990. The good ones that is :P. I wont count out Nintendo but if that Pokemon announcement isn't an RPG or a remake of older gens of some sorts. The WiiU will be the last console I will ever buy from them this is the time now. No I dont own a 3DS because I'm not interested in playing handhelds. There is so much money just lying in front of Nintendo's noses but they are to blind to pick it up.
#46SideShowBattPosted 8/26/2014 5:47:42 AM
PS4Warrior posted...
I thought you guys hated that store, Flip Flops!

I still don't understand the negativity around Gamestop. I have yet to "screwed over" by them, of course I don't play games that get yearly releases and expect a trade-in to match what the cost of it new to cover the cost of the new game. Also I don't go to Gamestop for used games anymore I have a retro game store nearby that gives better deals for trade-ins and cashing in.
---
3DS FC - 3480 2643 3055
Nintendo Network- SideShowBatt
#47EndgamePosted 8/26/2014 5:59:01 AM
Sounds to me like Gamestop is in desperation mode to get rid of excess Wii-U stock they've had since its release date.

You mean the store that sells Wii U consoles and games wants people to buy Wii U consoles and games?

*gasp*

To the forums, the Wii U is saved!

the only sensible posts in this topic
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#48ZayziePosted 8/26/2014 6:11:18 AM
40+ posts and no story about how gamestop employees spit in some nintendo fanboys face when they went to get Mario kart?? We've had at least 1 a week since the boards inception.

Gamestop could be worse. I hated working there but I've never seen any of the shady crap thats claimed to go on. As for the article?? Looks like there's a deal between nintendo and gamestop. Not that it matters in the slightest. You really can't count nintendo out. They're a phenomenal game developer. Their hardware is just cheap and overpriced.
---
Now we see the violence inherent in the system!... Come and see the violence inherent in the system! Help! Help! I'm being repressed!
#49QuestionmarktariusPosted 8/26/2014 6:50:48 AM
Zayzie posted...
40+ posts and no story about how gamestop employees spit in some nintendo fanboys face when they went to get Mario kart?? We've had at least 1 a week since the boards inception.

Yet how many of those are completely made up or gross exaggeration?

Gamestop makes money by selling videogames. An employee insulting a customer for buying a videogame is not going to be an employee very long.

Yes, they will "harass" a customer by asking "want to preorder [popular franchise] or [moneyhatted franchise]?" or "did you know [completely unrelated game] and [console] are coming out next month? You can trade your stuff in and get it!" because that's what they're paid to do.

Trying to buy Mario Kart and being subtly encouraged to buy Call of Duty only seems like being spit in the face.