Grass is green, the Sky is blue, and the Wii U is not the system for multiplats

#11Starwars4JPosted 8/21/2014 11:40:55 PM
iKhanic posted...
Exactly. Just because Nintendo 3rd Party support has been lackluster in the past few gens doesn't mean it has been nonexistent. If you liked sports, you still had sports games. Racers were there, you had a few business sim titles, plenty of platformers and puzzle games. So if you liked a certain type of 3rd Party game, you were still covered on a Nintendo system.

A Wii U is ONLY Nintendo games.

You're like those people who use "literally" to mean "figuratively". I have several third party games on the Wii U, and am going to buy at least three more before the year is out. Clearly a Wii U is not only for Nintendo games. It may not have some of the third party games you want, but personally there hasn't yet been a third party title announced for other home consoles that I wished the Wii U would get.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#12squatch22Posted 8/21/2014 11:48:39 PM
Grass is green, the sky is blue. Third party devs treat Nintendos gamers like poo...
#13Pyromaniac RoyPosted 8/22/2014 12:04:49 AM
Nintendo consoles haven't been great individual consoles since the SNES, and even then, it was always worthwhile to have a second console (or recently, PC) to maximize the number of great games you could play. If you solo'd Gamecube, you missed out on the PS2, for crying out loud.

The Wii U has some third-party games out. I'm looking at several in my collection...but I'd be lying if I said the number of recent multiplatform games I've bought on PC wasn't exponentially higher.
---
"I solemnly swear that I aim to misbehave."
I write things. http://lordpitaya.wordpress.com/
#14iKhanicPosted 8/22/2014 12:21:14 AM
Starwars4J posted...
iKhanic posted...
Exactly. Just because Nintendo 3rd Party support has been lackluster in the past few gens doesn't mean it has been nonexistent. If you liked sports, you still had sports games. Racers were there, you had a few business sim titles, plenty of platformers and puzzle games. So if you liked a certain type of 3rd Party game, you were still covered on a Nintendo system.

You're like those people who use "literally" to mean "figuratively". I have several third party games on the Wii U, and am going to buy at least three more before the year is out. Clearly a Wii U is not only for Nintendo games. It may not have some of the third party games you want, but personally there hasn't yet been a third party title announced for other home consoles that I wished the Wii U would get.

First of all, no one uses literally to mean figuratively. The use the word literally in a figurative way for emphasis. When someone says literally a million years, the word "literally" isn't used as a substitute for "figuratively", it's used to make it seem like an even bigger hyperbole.

Second, I'm aware the Wii U had quite a few 3rd Party games in the past few years, but they are gone now. Completely nonexistent with the exception of Watch Dogs. Assassins Creed and CoD are gone, the sports games left last year. The only thing the Wii U has now are terrible movie games, Just Dance, and maybe your occasional Lego game.

Like I said it's pretty much only Nintendo games now.
---
"Well, they sure don't make evil immortal sorcerers like they used to." - Klarion the Witch Boy
#15squatch22Posted 8/22/2014 12:24:40 AM
iKhanic posted...
Starwars4J posted...
iKhanic posted...

First of all, no one uses literally to mean figuratively. The use the word literally in a figurative way for emphasis. When someone says literally a million years, the word "literally" isn't used as a substitute for "figuratively", it's used to make it seem like an even bigger hyperbole.

Second, I'm aware the Wii U had quite a few 3rd Party games in the past few years, but they are gone now. Completely nonexistent with the exception of Watch Dogs. Assassins Creed and CoD are gone, the sports games left last year. The only thing the Wii U has now are terrible movie games, Just Dance, and maybe your occasional Lego game.

Like I said it's pretty much only Nintendo games now.

Completely gone.

Pretty much gone.

Which is it?
#16iKhanicPosted 8/22/2014 12:25:03 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#17Pyromaniac RoyPosted 8/22/2014 12:41:02 AM
iKhanic posted...
It depends on what you are looking for. I have over 40 GCN games, and over half are third party.

The N64, GCN, and Wii all probably had over 100 quality games. I never wanted a PS1, and I still don't want one. The games just don't look interesting to me. PS2's better, but still there are some things you just don't trade Smash Bros for.

Getting multiple consoles isn't an option for everyone, and it requires quite the gaming commitment. Personally, I like playing video games, but I like other things too.

If you're buying 40 games for one system, there probably aren't too many reasons why a second console isn't a viable option, haha. That said, buying more than one console at launch isn't all that common, but after a year or two, a second console is probably able to be purchased for a hundred bucks cheaper than it launched at, bundled with a game at that. I know plenty of people who are by no means 'dedicated' gamers that had both a Wii/360 or Wii/PS3, with the latter consoles typically being Slims indicating that they were purchased a couple years out. I don't see why having more than one system would indicate that video games are one's only hobby.
---
"I solemnly swear that I aim to misbehave."
I write things. http://lordpitaya.wordpress.com/
#18iKhanicPosted 8/22/2014 12:52:34 AM
Pyromaniac Roy posted...
iKhanic posted...
It depends on what you are looking for. I have over 40 GCN games, and over half are third party.

The N64, GCN, and Wii all probably had over 100 quality games. I never wanted a PS1, and I still don't want one. The games just don't look interesting to me. PS2's better, but still there are some things you just don't trade Smash Bros for.

Getting multiple consoles isn't an option for everyone, and it requires quite the gaming commitment. Personally, I like playing video games, but I like other things too.

If you're buying 40 games for one system, there probably aren't too many reasons why a second console isn't a viable option, haha. That said, buying more than one console at launch isn't all that common, but after a year or two, a second console is probably able to be purchased for a hundred bucks cheaper than it launched at, bundled with a game at that. I know plenty of people who are by no means 'dedicated' gamers that had both a Wii/360 or Wii/PS3, with the latter consoles typically being Slims indicating that they were purchased a couple years out. I don't see why having more than one system would indicate that video games are one's only hobby.

It was terrible terrible wording and summarizing on my part.

The point I'm trying to make is that getting multiple systems isn't always a bang for a buck. They are expensive systems, no matter how you want to slice it. Especially this generation, where if you buy everything new, you have to drop a minimum of 700 dollars on consoles alone.

Everyone has a different situation and comes from a different financial background. So it depends on how much money you have and how you want to spend it. That's why I hate when people are like "Oh just buy a second console". That's a lot bigger of a consideration than this board makes it out to be.
---
"Well, they sure don't make evil immortal sorcerers like they used to." - Klarion the Witch Boy
#19Shadowbird_RHPosted 8/22/2014 1:41:56 AM
I remember when there were no multi-platform games, just 1st party games and 3rd party exclusives. Even today those two are still the best. Multi-platform games are an afterthought, on any console.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#20Gogo726Posted 8/22/2014 2:21:03 AM
The sky is blue
And all the leaves are green
The air's as warm as a baked potato
I think you know exactly what I mean
When I say it's a shpadoinkle day.
---
Jackass Thompson doesn't approve of Wii Music. He's on a crusade to put an end to sax and violins in games