Which console do you think will be the first to sell 10m units?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Which console do you think will be the first to sell 10m units?
11 months ago#61
Demon_Acker posted...
Forza and Halo will save the X1, just like Mario Kart and 3D World saved the Wii U

XBO doesn't need saving. It's biggest issue is now a non-issue (price). So it's going to play a little catch-up to the PS4 but it's not failing by any stretch of the imagination.

When Halo 5 comes out, that thing is going to move a lot of XBOs. This holiday season they are most likely going to shift a lot of XBOs along with a lot of Halo collections.

Halo 4 sold 9 million for goodness sakes. That comes out to be more than 1 out of every 7 360 owner having gone out to buy that game. The sales numbers on that game also isn't artificially inflated by being bundled with a console that was still selling hands over fist at the time (damn thing came in EOL of the 360). Not to say that there was no Halo 4 console bundle, there was, but there's not many of them like there were of NSMBWii bundles.
11 months ago#62
I guess we'll find out this holiday season.
---
http://i.minus.com/i9BFFFKqGH8Je.gif
11 months ago#63
Demon_Acker posted...
I guess we'll find out this holiday season.

The power of Halo has been surprisingly strong. I'm not even really a fan of that series :P

I just want that damn Quantum Break game to come out along with Sunset Overdrive.
11 months ago#64
squatch22 posted...
BaronVladz posted...
squatch22 posted...
http://m.uk.ign.com/games/upcoming/wii-u

I purposed avoided the indie games and multiplat games on all 3 consoles. If you want me to add those, then the bias towards the right is going to increase exponentially

PES, FIFA and CoD aren't multiformat?

those 3 are on all 3 consoles?
11 months ago#65
kissdadookie posted...
iKhanic posted...

But at the same time the Wii U has far and away the strongest exclusive library this generation, and it's the lowest cost option, so it's more likely to sell as a second system, especially with less redundancy.

I'm not saying the Wii U will pull ahead for sure, I just think it will be a close call.

No it doesn't. Thus far XBO appears to have the most exclusives and quite good looking ones at that. PS4 would be second. The Wii U has the weakest content library by far currently and in the foreseeable future.

lolwut?
---
"Well, they sure don't make evil immortal sorcerers like they used to." - Klarion the Witch Boy
11 months ago#66
Gafemage posted...
PS4Warrior posted...
Wii_Truth posted...
PS4Warrior posted...
Xbox One

not surprised

You mad?

haha i love memes from 2008 :)))

lol
11 months ago#67
iKhanic posted...
FayeLady posted...
iKhanic posted...
You are right, people who want the 3rd party games won't be getting a Wii U, but chances are high that they won't be getting an XB1 either.

I think you are right but I think you're not correct in estimating just how right you are.
Consider this:

1. If 20 people go out to buy consoles, 10 come back with PS4, 8 with Xbone and 2 with Wii U.

Your theory holds sound, but it still means Xbox outsells Wii U.

But at the same time the Wii U has far and away the strongest exclusive library this generation, and it's the lowest cost option, so it's more likely to sell as a second system, especially with less redundancy.

I'm not saying the Wii U will pull ahead for sure, I just think it will be a close call.

I think the Wii U will sell well as a second system, but I doubt enough people will buy a second system for that to matter to its overall numbers. You and I might buy more than one system, but the average gamers won't, and among those consoles that are considered the one that lacks new Assassin's Creed, Madden, FiFA, and Call of Duty isn't going to be as popular.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
11 months ago#68
The salt in this topic is funny.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Which console do you think will be the first to sell 10m units?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived