What if a new Mother game was announced for the Wii U but...

#21iKhanicPosted 8/22/2014 11:42:20 PM
Kamil posted...
Sure I'd get it though I would still want it to feel more real to life (in parts) like Earthbound and not just all out fantasy like newer Tales Of....

You have to admit the Xillia games have drop dead gorgeous art styles. The first in the series to trump Symphonia's
---
"Well, they sure don't make evil immortal sorcerers like they used to." - Klarion the Witch Boy
#22ElectricMolePosted 8/23/2014 12:55:46 AM
I will there day one
---
NinNetID: ElectricMole, 3DS: 2406-6466-8802
http://psnprofiles.com/kronekodow7188, Live:RichiJihen
#23lilburrito(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2014 9:00:04 AM
Vidgmchtr posted...
lilburrito posted...
But it's not within the the realm of impossibility. It's been quite a while since then, technology and views on modern game design have come a long way. I'm sure they could think of something.

True, but since Itoi's said "no" for the past 8 years...

iKhanic posted...
The bigger issue would be that Itoi would have nothing to do with this new game.

It's like you said yourself "Vidgmchtr", Itoi doesn't have to work on it. It's sort of like how Miyamoto didn't have to work on Zelda anymore when Aonuma stepped in for Majora's mask and every Zelda title thereafter. Of course whether the series would have a drastic change or not as a result is up for debate.

iKhanic posted...
Kamil posted...
Sure I'd get it though I would still want it to feel more real to life (in parts) like Earthbound and not just all out fantasy like newer Tales Of....

You have to admit the Xillia games have drop dead gorgeous art styles. The first in the series to trump Symphonia's

It certainly is the best the "Symphonia" art style has ever looked imo, actually scrap that. Zesteria seems to be doing a good job of refining it so far. But to be honest, I thought Vesperia had the most drop dead gorgeous art style of them all. I'd love to see them take another crack at cel shading. I mean just look at Peria Chronicles! Just imagine if Tales went down that route.
---
"Henshin A Go-Go Baby!"
#24terrancejonesPosted 8/23/2014 9:50:45 AM
Depends on how it's done. I'd be open to a lot of changes.
---
3DS Friend Code: 5327-0996-6757 Water FS: Panpour, Quagsire, Frogadier
#25LinetrixPosted 8/23/2014 9:53:43 AM
Other: Oh great, another Mother game. If only I were interested in interactive movies...
---
It's off-topic to talk about the online portion of TLoU. Only the single player campaign is allowed in TLoU's board. - GameFAQs mod
#26lilburrito(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2014 10:47:51 AM
Linetrix posted...
Other: Oh great, another Mother game. If only I were interested in interactive movies...

Well...uhh... I don't mean to assume. But your Sig sure is giving me a different kind of message. :/
---
"Henshin A Go-Go Baby!"
#27Luigi4PresidentPosted 8/23/2014 10:55:28 AM
It depends. I'd be all for Itoi doing another Mother game (unlikely as it is), but that specific art style seems unlike what the original view was- a view at America from an eastern perspective. Why would it be a breath of fresh air though? Nearly every JRPG uses those graphics now, save for the Mario ones, but those aren't really on the same scale.
---
If history repeats itself I'm getting a dinosaur
#28lilburrito(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2014 11:30:12 AM(edited)
Luigi4President posted...
It depends. I'd be all for Itoi doing another Mother game (unlikely as it is), but that specific art style seems unlike what the original view was- a view at America from an eastern perspective. Why would it be a breath of fresh air though? Nearly every JRPG uses those graphics now, save for the Mario ones, but those aren't really on the same scale.

Oh no no no. It's my wording. I meant that the "Earthbound art style" would be breath of fresh air "in this day and age" since the anime art style is indeed used in almost every JRPG.
---
"Henshin A Go-Go Baby!"
#29universaltofuPosted 8/23/2014 11:36:50 AM
I'd want Claymation, like how it looked in the guide but full scale, they already have the groundwork set with Kirby's Rainbow Curse.
---
Recently played / Soon to be played : Watch dogs, 1001 spikes, Tomodachi life.
#30Frozenx07Posted 8/23/2014 1:52:38 PM
I really don't care what it looks like. I just want another Mother game!