After having played Super Mario 3 for a bit...

#1MabinogiFanPosted 8/22/2014 10:05:39 AM
I do not understand why so many people were clamoring for it to be released on the eshop. The game has not aged as well as people think it has. Mario's traction feels as if he's wearing roller skates coated with butter, leading to some needlessly frustrating platforming, the difficulty scaling is fairly imbalanced (for example, levels so hard they should be at the end of the game rather than at the beginning), and the game is a bit too difficult for its own good. I haven't made it past world 3. Maybe newer games have spoiled me, but I'm just not having fun with Mario 3.

In comparison, Super Mario World has aged vastly better. The controls are smooth, difficulty is fairer and more balanced. and it's much more accessible. Mario 3 is like Zelda 1. I'm sure when it first came out it was amazing, but with everything that's been released since then, there's not much reason to go back to it.
#2Flare7Posted 8/22/2014 10:07:12 AM(edited)
Super Mario Bros 3 is the more revolutionary game, Super Mario World is the better game

Oh, and I find the original Zelda still holds up just fine, but maybe that's just me. I just played through it again a month or so ago
---
Currently playing: Uncharted 2
#3NiftyManZPosted 8/22/2014 10:08:05 AM
Well, you are comparing a game that came out 20 years ago to to current expectations.

And you don't have nostalgia.

That being said, I don't find t difficult at all.
---
BREAK IT DOWN KIRBY!! (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^) (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^)
#4WraithX_959Posted 8/22/2014 10:09:57 AM
Kids today, no gameplay skills at all. Also Super Mario World is junk.
#5Flare7Posted 8/22/2014 10:11:31 AM
WraithX_959 posted...
Kids today, no gameplay skills at all. Also Super Mario World is junk.

/credibility
---
#6gamebuyer22Posted 8/22/2014 10:15:41 AM(edited)
Mario 3 is hard? News to me. I never understood the love for SMB3. I bought it like everyone else in 1990 when it was new. Really hard to find as well when if first came out. Do people remember that? The levels are repetitive and too many levels in each world with same template. When i play my Nes its always action platformers that i play. Cant go back to the simplicity of Mario games.
#7Dark_Link92Posted 8/22/2014 10:12:31 AM
I agree. I simply don't see the appeal. World is OK, but my favourite 2D Marios are the Land games. I think SMB3 has pretty bland graphics, average game play, and the music is nice, but not in the NES. The melodies are good and have been remade and remixed into good tracks, but they weren't initially to me.
---
2/8/2014- I officially predict Ridley playable in Smash 4. If he's not, I'll quietly change my signature and no one needs to remind me of this ever again.
#8SSJ4CHRISPosted 8/22/2014 10:13:39 AM
I SMB 3 on the GBA, so I couldn't care less about an eShop release. That would just guarantee I'd never buy it. I won't touch Nintendo's digital store until they make it up to at least 2008 standards.
---
The Internet allows us to make more mistakes faster than any invention in history. With the possible exceptions of Handguns and Tequila!
#9vermilion99Posted 8/22/2014 10:13:45 AM
Super Mario Bros 3 is the pentacle of 2D Mario games.
#10Flare7Posted 8/22/2014 10:14:24 AM
vermilion99 posted...
Super Mario Bros 3 is the pentacle of 2D Mario games.

/credibility
---