After having played Super Mario 3 for a bit...

#51crowe_1Posted 8/23/2014 9:56:01 AM
jsb0714 posted...
neogeoftw posted...
Mario 3 is incredible. I prefer it over Mario world.

Same here.

Agree.
---
My SSBM combo vids:
http://www.youtube.com/user/crowe1
#52terrancejonesPosted 8/23/2014 10:14:45 AM
The more I read through this thread, the more I think people need to try SMAS. Hmm... maybe even the Game Boy Advance versions?

I won't get you guys wrong of course, not all classic games are for everyone. Took me Decades, myself, to get this game worked out. It's understandably difficult.
---
3DS Friend Code: 5327-0996-6757 Water FS: Panpour, Quagsire, Frogadier
#53vattodevPosted 8/23/2014 11:57:46 AM
Super Mario Bros 3 was hard in a very interesting way. Have you seen how many objects float around during ship stages? It's insane. I don't remember any other Mario game with so many enemies and objects trying to hit you.
On the other hand, it was also full of stupid concepts to make things harder for no reason like the Mushroom that always ran away from where Mario was. You get used after a few tries, but it's just to annoy the player.
---
Have fun with whatever you like instead of telling people that they are having fun the wrong way.
3DS FC: 0748-3443-8121
#54LordrvPosted 8/24/2014 7:17:20 AM
Blasphemy, SMB3 is still the greatest game ever made...
#55shroom_ninja_XPosted 8/25/2014 11:22:54 AM
I grew up with All-Stars. SMB3 is still probably my favorite game ever-- definitely up there with the likes of Chrono Trigger and Super Metroid in my top 10.

vattodev posted...
Super Mario Bros 3 was hard in a very interesting way. Have you seen how many objects float around during ship stages? It's insane. I don't remember any other Mario game with so many enemies and objects trying to hit you.
On the other hand, it was also full of stupid concepts to make things harder for no reason like the Mushroom that always ran away from where Mario was. You get used after a few tries, but it's just to annoy the player.

There's a trick to getting the mushrooms! They way they move depends on which side of the ? block that you hit. If you hit the left side of the block, it'll move to the right. If you hit the right side of the block, it'll move to the left. Starmen work the same way.
---
Word to your mother.
#56Stanger5150Posted 8/25/2014 4:19:15 PM
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
I SMB 3 on the GBA, so I couldn't care less about an eShop release. That would just guarantee I'd never buy it. I won't touch Nintendo's digital store until they make it up to at least 2008 standards.

You have the dumbed down version. The GBA version was made much easier.

TC, if you find SMB 3 difficult, just stay away from the NES era entirely. It's just not for you.
---
PSN/NN: BlackRain8782
2600, NES, SMS, GB, Lynx, Genesis, TG16, SNES, Game Gear, Jaguar, PS1, Saturn, N64, GBC, DC, PS2, GCN, GBA, DS, Wii, PS3, 3DS, Wii U, PS4
#57MabinogiFan(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2014 9:40:31 PM
I'm playing the All-Stars version of Mario 3 on an emulator right now, and holy crap is this version so much better. It's easier to control and it looks better graphically as well. I'm having a good amount of fun now.
#58wh0_kn0wsPosted 8/25/2014 11:03:12 PM
MabinogiFan posted...
I'm playing the All-Stars version of Mario 3 on an emulator right now, and holy crap is this version so much better. It's easier to control and it looks better graphically as well. I'm having a good amount of fun now.

could've sworn the mechanics were the same. it's been awhile though
---
it's simple. just be nice.
#59IlluminoiusPosted 8/25/2014 11:41:16 PM
MabinogiFan posted...
Super Mario World has aged vastly better. The controls are smooth, difficulty is fairer and more balanced

rofl
super mario world's controls are both too tight and too slippery at the same time
#60ShinChuckPosted 8/25/2014 11:57:38 PM
Flare7 posted...
Super Mario Bros 3 is the more revolutionary game, Super Mario World is the better game

Oh, and I find the original Zelda still holds up just fine, but maybe that's just me. I just played through it again a month or so ago

I agree with this post on all accounts.
---
GamerTag: ShinChuck, PSN: ShinChuck1
http://homepage.mac.com/shinchuck - Video games, YouTube, Deviantart, Etcetera.