After having played Super Mario 3 for a bit...

#71wh0_kn0wsPosted 8/26/2014 7:02:26 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#72rockusPosted 8/26/2014 7:05:14 PM
neogeoftw posted...
Mario 3 is incredible. I prefer it over Mario world.

---
http://thetramp.dvdaf.com/
#73Juju_Architect_Posted 8/26/2014 7:08:45 PM
I find any NSMB harder than any non Lost Levels Mario.

SMB 3 only gets hard in the last world. And the difficulty scaling is almost as bad as Super Mario Land 2's. (Which has only 1 difficult stage, and only because it's long with no checkpoints)
SMW has very few courses, many which look too much alike, and recycles the few music tracks it has more often than NSMB 2. I'll give you it has more interesting alternate paths than every NSMB but U.
---
Cavorting about affixing Gogol Horns to houses does not constitute looking after an entire colony, Juju. -Dunban
#74temptempoPosted 8/26/2014 7:25:10 PM
Honestly this and SMW don't control well on the Wii U due to the input lag (even on the gamepad! It is like they added lag to get the two displays to match or something). Both games are amazing on the original systems, and I'm sure Mario 3 feels great on the 3ds version.

I always liked SMW more though.
#75wiiking96Posted 8/26/2014 7:38:17 PM
What I dislike about SMB3 is its primitive saving system and the arbitrary lives. I have played it all the way to the end, beating most of the levels, but it took longer than it should have.
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BIS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Bowser, Fawful and King Dedede all for their own games!
#76Stanger5150Posted 8/26/2014 8:36:39 PM
wh0_kn0ws posted...
BMK2010 posted...
I remember SMW cape was also usable in the new world.

wait what are we talking about here.

He's talking about the e-reader exclusive level and power up cards. They're very expensive to acquire now.
---
PSN/NN: BlackRain8782
2600, NES, SMS, GB, Lynx, Genesis, TG16, SNES, Game Gear, Jaguar, PS1, Saturn, N64, GBC, DC, PS2, GCN, GBA, DS, Wii, PS3, 3DS, Wii U, PS4
#77wh0_kn0wsPosted 8/26/2014 9:06:14 PM
Stanger5150 posted...
wh0_kn0ws posted...
BMK2010 posted...

He's talking about the e-reader exclusive level and power up cards. They're very expensive to acquire now.

oh s***, welp, i thought the whole e-reader thing was dumb. blew it on that one.
---
it's simple. just be nice.
#78Stanger5150Posted 8/26/2014 10:49:07 PM
wh0_kn0ws posted...
Stanger5150 posted...
wh0_kn0ws posted...
BMK2010 posted...

oh s***, welp, i thought the whole e-reader thing was dumb. blew it on that one.

So did I. I've been kicking myself in the taint for a decade over that dumbass decision.

In 27 years of gaming, it's my biggest regret.
---
PSN/NN: BlackRain8782
2600, NES, SMS, GB, Lynx, Genesis, TG16, SNES, Game Gear, Jaguar, PS1, Saturn, N64, GBC, DC, PS2, GCN, GBA, DS, Wii, PS3, 3DS, Wii U, PS4
#79kobalobasileusPosted 8/26/2014 11:10:40 PM
SMB3 would be greatly enhanced by some of SMW's simple changes, like:

The ability to revisit stages to grab powerups (added post-game in the GBA release).
The ability to save (added after castles in the SMAS release).
Not repopulating stages on a continue (added in the GBA release).

It's not that SMB3 is difficult, it just throws a lot of tedious repetition at players who haven't memorized its every detail. NES games were like that because devs hadn't gotten out of the arcade's coin-syphon mentality.
#80NightRainPosted 8/26/2014 11:17:45 PM(edited)
Paulf001 posted...
Sounds like you are spoiled with easy games of this generation. When I was a kid and had SMB3 on NES I beat the game hundreds of times didn't think it was too hard.

Now when I play something like New Super Mario Bros the difficulty just isn't there anymore.

This. The cold hard truth.
Well NSMB can be a bit challenging at time but nowhere near "**** this, it's too dificult" level, ya know?

Anyway, SMB 3 and World are in my top 5 best Mario games of all time. I do prefer World over 3 but 3 is still one of the best to this day.
---
To be a sage means only to be rich in knowledge.
Canadiens/Red Sox/Patriots