After SSB, Zelda, Starfox & the inevitable Metroid, what will the Wii U...

#1MrXmediaPosted 8/22/2014 11:03:49 AM
Have to really offer, I just don't see this console taking off. It may be profitable to manufacture, but you don't turn profits not unless if you have SALES and people buying the console. Breaking even is not profiting either. So after the first party big hitters come out, what will Nintendo do with no/ barely 3rd party support. This console is in immediate danger and I think Nintendo would be best off if they discontinue it at the beginning of 2016, and perhaps come out with a console that is more competent and supported by 3rd parties.
#2lowuwPosted 8/22/2014 11:10:48 AM
FZero, Kirby, and another 3D Mario.
#3coreekymonPosted 8/22/2014 11:13:19 AM
I feel like rushing another console is the absolute worst thing they could do. I just feel like they are going to be playing catch up forever if that's what they do.

They should make the best of this generation and then start fresh next gen.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/coreekymon
3DS FC: 3695-0124-0339
#4Kabuto_YPosted 8/22/2014 11:14:35 AM
It's called second party support. And the Wii U is finally getting some.

Nintendo has almost never had third party support, it's been all 1st/2nd party since the N64. Even in the NES days, third parties only worked with Nintendo because they owned the market.
---
3DS FC: 2449-4620-4409
AC town name: 'Murrica
#5vattodevPosted 8/22/2014 11:14:59 AM
Nintendo has many series. If they lack creativity they can always release a new iteration of a series. Galaxy 3, Paper Mario, Mario & Luigi, Kirby, Fire Emblem, Advance Wars, Golden Sun, etc. And, of course, there are the new series, like Splatoon, W101, SMTxFE, etc.
---
Have fun with whatever you like instead of telling people that they are having fun the wrong way.
3DS FC: 0748-3443-8121
#6MrXmedia(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2014 11:16:24 AM
coreekymon posted...
I feel like rushing another console is the absolute worst thing they could do. I just feel like they are going to be playing catch up forever if that's what they do.

They should make the best of this generation and then start fresh next gen.

I think releasing a console one year earlier than the normal 5 year console cycle wouldn't be rushing anything especially since the Wii U is already quite behind the PS4 and X1 in hardware prowess as is. So that is older than PS4 and X1 would make it atleast 2 years behind plus the WIi U came out in 2012 so add the old hardware plus a 4 year console cycle and that would make it by that time 6 years old already, probably more.
#7Granadico_Posted 8/22/2014 11:27:13 AM
vattodev posted...
Nintendo has many series. If they lack creativity they can always release a new iteration of a series. Galaxy 3, Paper Mario, Mario & Luigi, Kirby, Fire Emblem, Advance Wars, Golden Sun, etc. And, of course, there are the new series, like Splatoon, W101, SMTxFE, etc.

This. If they really wanted to, they could just update old series like they've done with Punch Out and Kid Icarus.
#8MrXmedia(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2014 11:29:46 AM
Granadico_ posted...
vattodev posted...

This. If they really wanted to, they could just update old series like they've done with Punch Out and Kid Icarus.

What are the chances of that happening though?
#9Granadico_Posted 8/22/2014 11:55:47 AM
MrXmedia posted...
Granadico_ posted...
vattodev posted...

What are the chances of that happening though?

Not sure. Its not unheard of so its not impossible, but idk how liekly it is. But i'd love for them to do it ;Q
#10Odyssey92Posted 8/22/2014 11:55:52 AM
vattodev posted...

The lack of custom robo disturbs me
---
TKB