Is there any reason not to do the Wii to Wii U system transfer?

#11JDuncsPosted 8/23/2014 7:13:55 AM
do a system back up and get all your vc titles on both consoles
---
I'm JDuncs, I'm 24,a proud Rhode Islander.
My Teams are the Boston Celtics, Dallas Cowboys, Boston Red Sox. & Boston Bruins.
#12Dark_Link92Posted 8/23/2014 7:15:49 AM
I never got round to doing it. But I have like 3 wiis and I couldn't be bothered to do them in order so I kept all the most recent save files and everything.
---
2/8/2014- I officially predict Ridley playable in Smash 4. If he's not, I'll quietly change my signature and no one needs to remind me of this ever again.
#13rexcrkPosted 8/23/2014 7:50:40 AM
coreekymon posted...
Well you lose all the data on your old Wii.

This. If it didn't take everything off the Wii, I'd definitely do it.
---
But the thing that makes Woody special, is he'll never give up on you... ever. He'll be there for you, no matter what.
#14sketchturnerPosted 8/23/2014 8:30:33 AM
Personally, I am glad I did the transfer so I can have everything on one system. However, there are two drawbacks to be aware of:

1. You cannot use GameCube controllers or WiiU Pro Controllers on Wii VC games. This could limit your multiplayer options. GCN support is coming to WiiU, but nobody is sure whether it will work in Wii mode. Here's the problem. I have a couple GCN controllers, one Wii Classic Controller, and one WiiU Pro Controller. On my Wii, I could play games with two or three players using controllers I've already got. Now that everything is transferred to my WiiU, I can no longer play multiplayer on my Wii VC games (such as Smash Bros 64). My GCN controllers and WiiU Pro Controller won't work. My Wii Classic Controller does work but I only have one. I have multiple Wiimotes, so for NES & Genesis games I'm fine for multiplayer. But for Super Nintendo or N64 games I'll need to buy another Classic Controller if I want to play those with another person. Thankfully, I rarely play multiplayer, so this isn't a big drawback for me. But it's certainly something to consider.

2. You have to start your console in WiiU mode and then log into Wii mode. This can take a few minutes and isn't as convenient as just turning on your Wii and going straight to the games.
---
The last Metroid is in captivity. The galaxy is at peace.