Man July and August have been brutal on WiiU

#11VideoGameXVPosted 8/23/2014 4:32:57 PM
People complaining about summer droughts here are a few things, 1. this happens all the time and 2. you must have games you still haven't picked up yet or want to replay because I doubt that all of you have already picked up every major Wii U release yet since launch, the same goes for any other console.
#12Mattatron42Posted 8/23/2014 5:07:53 PM
I've been buying classic games on other consoles, games I initially passed up on the U, working on ps3 backlog and buying games off eshop. Seems like every other gen, besides the downloaded games.
---
3ds fc: 4940-5666-3487 psnID: Mattatron36
NNID: Mattatron
#13DignatoReRaisedPosted 8/24/2014 3:46:27 PM
slyman19 posted...
DignatoReRaised posted...
lazycomplife posted...
PC + Wii U = best combo

It's PC + 3DS/Vita (Depending on what sorts of games you're a bigger fan of), really.

No. Vita doesn't go with PC or anything for that matter.

If you say so.
---
DON'T F*** WITH THE SENATOR!
NANOMACHINES, SON!
#14Granadico_Posted 8/24/2014 3:48:19 PM
Summer always sucks for games, which should be the opposite since there's no school D;
#15RambiRunnerPosted 8/24/2014 4:58:45 PM
Every system pretty much has a drought in the summer. That's how it's always been.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, put this in your sig.
My free book: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ILILYW6
#16NovaLevossidaPosted 8/24/2014 5:23:45 PM
RambiRunner posted...
Every system pretty much has a drought in the summer. That's how it's always been.

It doesn't really help when the first half of the year was also a drought for the Wii U.
---
The HUD...
...placed conveniently on the Wii U gamepad. - TreeFall Studios on The Letter
#17andizzle29662(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2014 5:28:35 PM
NovaLevossida posted...
RambiRunner posted...

It doesn't really help when the first half of the year was also a drought for the Wii U.

What about Donkey Kong?
---
Most WANTED: Zelda WiiU, Captain Toad, Hyrule Warriors, Smash bros WiiU/3DS, Freedom Wars, NBA 2K15, Assassins Creed Unity, Far Cry 3, Professor Layton vs AT
#18NovaLevossidaPosted 8/24/2014 5:32:10 PM
andizzle29662 posted...
NovaLevossida posted...
RambiRunner posted...

What about Donkey Kong?

The game delayed from 2013 so that 2014 wouldn't have a half year drought before MK8? I remember it.
---
The HUD...
...placed conveniently on the Wii U gamepad. - TreeFall Studios on The Letter
#19Legend053180Posted 8/24/2014 6:09:40 PM
I just bought SM3DW. My Wii U summer has been great.
#20DBPanterAPosted 8/24/2014 6:25:29 PM
JanayBerry posted...
I really want to make Wii U my only game console. But I need 1of 2 things:

- More third party support...

or

- More classic games in the eShop.

I'm 33, and still prefer my Marios, Sonics, Streets of Rages, Golden Axes, etc.

At this point, I'm moving on to PS4 or Xbox One next pay check.

I was in the same boat as you a few months back (same age as well). I stopped "hoping" for games as Nintendo will never flood the eShop, as seen since its inception.

Third party is gone. I bought a PS4 over the Xbox1 due to price and content (I love baseball and there is only one place to play it). I have played all the 1st party Sony games on the PS4 and while they might not contain that "Nintendo magic," they are still very good games that I enjoyed playing.

The way I see it, I will have the opportunity to play 98% of games now that I have interest in playing, and I no longer have to hope a given game is available on the Wii U. The global sales of the PS4 to date has many developers excited about the opportunities, so I still got the Wii U for the occasional Nintendo game that I will buy and know I will enjoy.
---
NNID: Minny612
PSN: Minny612