so did the wii u fail

#111kyncaniPosted 8/25/2014 1:40:59 PM
Rasputin77 posted...
Well, I don't think it 'failed', but it CERTAINLY did not 'own'... sadly, the balance tips towards 'fail' on this one.

kyncani posted...
Poll should have included the option : hasn't failed yet but is a fail in progress, currently failing (n00bsaib0t).
Speaking about education, it's "whatsoever", not "what so ever".
You learn something every day n00bsaib0t ;)

No space needed before the colon, and the first comma should be a semicolon or slash.

;)

Yeah, I always put a space before the colon because otherwise I don't see it clearly :)
#112mw5178Posted 8/25/2014 1:42:47 PM
It's funny how a poster who says this in a thread about vgchartz:

-lol vgchartz so you basically have no proof like i said. post 78

-I know you dont have those, but continue to cite inaccurate vgchartz post 81

also said this about vgchartz:

Well you can easily take official numbers from companies or NPD and compare them to vgchartz to see that they ("they" referring to Vgchartz) are regularly very close to the final number...

Vgchartz is only inaccurate when they post numbers people don't agree with. If they post numbers people like or agree with you will see them referred to numerous times.

It's like you can't even make up your own mind, king_madden. You laugh off any post that use vgchartz, as if you can't be bothered with them, then when you're caught with posts that show you actually defending vgchartz data, you backpedal into "well uh, um, uh, I mean ballparks, yeah...". Yikes.

But heck, it's okay, fraud. Even if the numbers aren't literally exact, if vgchartz numbers are reasonable and close to the actual number - just as your OWN posts suggest that you believe - then the XB1 has been recently selling around the same rate as the Wii U. And, if they want to make up the 2 MILLION console deficit, they'll have to do a LOT better than that.
#113king_maddenPosted 8/25/2014 2:04:48 PM
and yes. numbers that ballpark arent accurate.

as ive said numerous times. they are good to BALLPARK. how do i back pedal to ballpark when its what ive said numerous times now?

and yes, xb1 has ground to make up, but again they are on month 9, wiiu is on month 21. there is no rush to surpass them, even if its just a little at a time. like all companies say its a marathon not a sprint. just because ps4 creamed all of them quickly, doesnt mean if xb1 doesnt do it then its a failure. this topic almost seems like you're belittling the wiiu, saying the other companies shouldve passed it a long time ago. I dont know your posts are weird and not usually about anything in particular.

its a battle for second place, there will be sales bumps when the big multiplats come out, might be enough for it to stay above wiiu, might not. same with exclusives on both sides, could go either way. we'll talk about it once xb1 has more of a library. their exclusive library is terrible to me personally, but they have a big following for their core games.
#114mw5178Posted 8/25/2014 2:50:05 PM
king_madden posted...

Do you understand why people use ballpark numbers in the first place? They're not stressing perfect accuracy, they just want something reasonable enough so they can use the data as solid support for their claims and not be laughed out of a thread. Which means going "lolvgchartzinaccurate" to the Wii U outselling the XB1 for several data points is idiotic.

Remember what you said that set off this whole discussion though:

Comparing the 2, it would seem overall xb1 would be a little better.

And they're not. Despite selling more consoles in its time period compared to the Wii U, the XB1 is still in last by 2 million consoles, and their sales momentum has hit a wall. They can't do that if they're playing catch-up. And no, talking about a "lack of games" isn't an excuse when the Wii U doesn't have the benefit of third-party games and lacks several of its historical sellers and dark-horse sellers (one of which JUST came out recently, that sells over the long-haul). The XB1 is also hindered by the fact that the PS4 is a more attractive option for people who want to play most of those popular games. You gotta try again with that one.
#115Relias27Posted 8/25/2014 2:51:27 PM
Please, some of you people need to get your stories straightened out, I went in to a topic that said Graphics is the only thing that matters, when I mentioned the PS2, etc. all of a sudden it went from Graphics is the only thing that matters, to exclusives, a head start etc. (though I pointed out other things that mattered, it was only about Graphics, until you know, it wasn't about Graphics.) It's the same with sells, and just about anything else.

Back on topic, The Wii U has neither failed nor has it owned, as a matter of fact, it owning or failing is simply at this point a matter of opinion. I could say for instance that if you go by sells, the Wii U is almost 2 years old and has been a failure, but considering it is just now really hitting it's stride, by the time the end of the Gen comes around with some bumps here and there and consistent sales it could surprise me and become a genuine example of a system that started slow and ended strong. From a Financial Stand Point for Nintendo, it's still to early to tell, but to be honest Nintendo has been making profit off it, and will continue to do so, and like I said since it is just now hitting it's stride, to early to tell,

From a games stand point I would say as of right now that the U has mainly owned, compared to other next gen systems, but once again, that is just a opinion, and it is too early to tell.
#116HeracylostPosted 8/25/2014 2:54:54 PM
Of course it failed, it's getting too far beyond saving now. It has, or will have a hand full of good games. Then Nintendo will drop it like it has Plague. Then onto the next idiotic idea for a home console.
#117ruiza97Posted 8/25/2014 3:27:54 PM
I understand now. One day the Wii U will cease to sell. But since the XB1 was released a year later, its sales will continue and it will be at that point the XB1 will pass the Wii U in sales. Amazing. I never realized that is how consoles sales work.
#118king_maddenPosted 8/25/2014 3:39:42 PM
mw5178 posted...
king_madden posted...

Do you understand why people use ballpark numbers in the first place? They're not stressing perfect accuracy, they just want something reasonable enough so they can use the data as solid support for their claims and not be laughed out of a thread. Which means going "lolvgchartzinaccurate" to the Wii U outselling the XB1 for several data points is idiotic.

Remember what you said that set off this whole discussion though:

Comparing the 2, it would seem overall xb1 would be a little better.

And they're not. Despite selling more consoles in its time period compared to the Wii U, the XB1 is still in last by 2 million consoles, and their sales momentum has hit a wall. They can't do that if they're playing catch-up. And no, talking about a "lack of games" isn't an excuse when the Wii U doesn't have the benefit of third-party games and lacks several of its historical sellers and dark-horse sellers (one of which JUST came out recently, that sells over the long-haul). The XB1 is also hindered by the fact that the PS4 is a more attractive option for people who want to play most of those popular games. You gotta try again with that one.

Nintendo's biggest sellers are mostly out aside from Zelda and smash,as I have said. Xb1 does have a lack of games because none of its big sellers are out and the big multiplats aren't out yet. You have to include those facts.

Yes their momentum has fallen off, but with the 10+ big titles coming by the end of the year, they will experience bumps, that could very well have them selling more. They don't have to erase the 2 million now, if they start selling more that would still make them look like the number 2. Since they will have sold more by comparison.
#119EndgamePosted 8/25/2014 4:00:23 PM
It did better than the xbone

wrong, XB1 hasn't been out half as long as Wii U but is only 1 million behind as of the last time we've gotten XB1 numbers, which was months ago

for all we know, XB1 is already beating Wii U, and it will certainly be ahead of Wii U after this holiday season
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#120Sega9599Posted 8/25/2014 4:34:52 PM
PS4Warrior posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...

And yet you can't comprehend that you mixed present and past tense in your post. A truly sad commentary on the education you kids are getting today.

Lol ok bud.

Look at this sentence fragment. There should be a comma between the 'lol' and 'ok bud'. The 'o' and the 'k' should be capitalised, unless you are spelling it as a word in the form 'okay'.

Noobsaibot was right. He has beaten you.
---
Oh, for a new 'proper' Shining Force..and a new Panel de Pon game and a new english release of Puyo Puyo....